Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Good steady company to work for.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 May 2018
Entry level wages aren't very competitive, but fair for the work load that is expected of the average individual.
Room to advance if management recognizes a genuine work ethic. Fair and tolerant work atmosphere. Many locations have a seemingly family like group work vibe. Clean, dry and comfortable place to work daily.
Pros
Employee limited cost discount for products sold there.
A great Organization, until loblaws took over
WMS Program Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
Shopper's Drug mart was a great organization until Loblaws took over them and effectively degutted an entire organization to a mere brand under the Loblaws empire. There is little opportunity to make an impact.
Cons
Loblaws
Good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney River, NS3 May 2018
This was a good place to start working. although most of the employees were older women, they were still fun to be around. As for the work, it gets boring after about 2 hours. doing the same thing over and over isn't always the most interesting.
Pros
Free food every few weeks
Cons
boring
Not all establishments are the same
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
Speaking from experience, shoppers is a great company to work for depending on the location of the establishment you are working for.Every store operates differently and some management is more pleasant to work for than others.
not the best company to work for
CASHIER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
working for this company is great if you need a job or if this is your first job.; not a career not pay hours are not flexible. management is terrible.
Workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QC2 May 2018
Environment is good, staff is nice, hours are nice. customers are friendly. fun part is that i get to go on break whenever i want. hard part is to learn how to be initiative.
productive and fun environment
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 May 2018
I am currently still working here as a beauty boutique adviser where I spend my day engaging with customers, assisting with needs concerning skincare, makeup and other requests that come along.
Pros
A lot of learning
Cons
not a huge variety in hours
Good For Temporary Work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2018
Not difficult work if you are willing to put in a bit of effort, great if you're looking for a job to at least fill in the extra hours of a day or to hold you up until you find a more desirable job.

Management was a bit lack luster but overall they worked very hard, and I was only 15 when I started there so my work mentality is a lot different from how I am now so I am biased.

Got the chance to improve on a lot of important customer service skills over time such as learning how to deal with customers.
productive working and welcoming environment
cashier and merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB30 April 2018
Working here was great, I learned new things and I believe this experience was a valuable asset to my future. Generally, i worked at the till, but also helped around the store. The best part of the job was the people, and that I was able to help out where i was needed.
Good place to work with a lively atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS30 April 2018
Shoppers Drug Mart was a fantastic place to work, all of the people who worked there were full of life and very willing to help customers with whatever they needed. Hours were very long and difficult and often times breaks were postponed due to large lineups, but those who worked there were always happy and compassionate people, making it an overall fantastic place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Long hours and inefficient schedules
Excellent place for a student to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON30 April 2018
Always able to stay busy at work which I liked because that is what I am there to do. I learned about customer relations as well as cash experience. Managment was nice and understanding the needs of students and all co-workers got along. I never found any part of the job particularly hard and the most enjoyable part was being able to stay busy and always being able to find work to do.
Pros
Always able to stay busy
Cons
Hard to make plans due to scheduling weeks in advance
Busy and always something new
CASHIER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB29 April 2018
The location I worked at is one of the busiest stores in Atlantic Canada. A "typical" day for me wasn't always typical. I was trained in post office and photo lab in conjunction with my cash manager role. I learned a lot about working as a team and how important communication is in a team. The hardest part of the job was getting yelled at. The most enjoyable aspect was interacting with my regular customers. Being employed at that location for so long, I got to know quite a few customers on a personal basis.
Pros
My co-workers who became more than co-workers. They became family.
Cons
Working until midnight and occasionally being back in to open.
very productive
Co-op placement (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 April 2018
there wasn't a lot of costumers so i kept busy with restocking, organizing and rearranging products. the staff were very friendly and it was a laid back work
High Stress, Low Management Support
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 April 2018
Your typical day at pharmacy includes filling prescriptions, taking phone calls from customers, faxing doctors, calling insurance companies, working as a team.

Being here I learned the ins and outs of pharmacy work. I've learned how a lot of insurance companies work and how to count pills fast and effectively.

Management does not care much for pharmacy. Currently 6 staff short in the pharmacy but not hiring new employees.

Very high stress levels as we cannot keep up with the enormous workload.

Hardest part of job is keeping up with workload and getting prescriptions counted in a timely manner.

Most enjoyable part is the coworkers, we support each other as much as possible as we all know how hard and stressful of a job it is.
Cons
Scheduling is randomized and if needed to be changed is up to you to do it yourself.
Fun place to work
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2018
Lots of opportunities to grow within the company. I work in the beauty boutique and love assisting customers and doing make overs. I have worked at a lot of stores and management seems to be everything.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
midnight stores, bad management
Interesting, gave good experience.
Pharmacy Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 April 2018
I learned a lot about the pharmacy business and the daily functions of a pharmacy. There was almost never a quiet day while lunch time hours being the busiest.
Ideal for customer service experience
Cashier, Merchandiser, Cosmetic (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON27 April 2018
I started at Shoppers Drug Mart when I was 16 years old (I am now 21), and I believe this job pushed me toward my desired extraversion and ability to interact more effectively with others in my community. In my daily work day I work as a cashier, but depending on the demand and what needs to be done I also split between cash and merchandising. I am also one of the only employees at my location who has been efficiently trained in taking passport photos, meaning I have learned responsibility in the work I do. The hardest part about my job is the division between work and school. I believe if I had a job more geared toward what I plan on doing as a career I would have an easier time managing the two (and would also aid me in learning more about my desired career). The most enjoyable part of my job is the repetition I have acquired from being there for almost 5 years. This repetition makes work much easier for me in my daily work routine (especially when considering passport photos).
Pros
Interactive opportunities
Cons
Disorganization (of management)
Exelent Work Place
Front Store Clerk, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2018
I have worked for Shoppers almost 6 years now , and I absolutely love the job and the staff. The reason I am trying to find another employment is because, I have relocated to Cornwall and I need to find a closer location and new opportunities.

P.S. If there are any questions or references my immediate manager is available
Pros
Flexible Hours, Getting along with the collegues
Cons
Opertunity to switch shifts
Great working enviornment
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Great place to work. Shoppers Drug Mart offers many ways to expand your knowledge as a cosmetician in order to execute sales effectively. However, as a cosmetician part-time employee shifts may be short resulting in less hours of work time being offered.
good company
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2018
good place to work
good staff good management
customers may be a bit difficult but overall a nice place to work
very helpful members of staff
good team work skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K