Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Pay & Benefits reviews

shoppers
Night Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2018
great company to work for.
great salary, great team
always people there to help you if you need help.
always something to do. opportunities for advancement withing the company
Horrible management, worst place to work
Warehouse receiver/shipper/vendor customer service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 June 2018
Worst management system I've ever encountered, the general manager and owner are extremely unappreciative of your hard work and very cheap on your salary. I enjoyed working with really nice coworkers dough.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
horrible management system
not the best job but its a stepping stone
Beauty Expert (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON5 June 2018
the job was very boring as there was not much to do, other than upkeeping the workplace and talking to customers, but for the most part i worked a lot of night shifts and they were awful, there was only cleaning to do...
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours and often no breaks or anyone to work with
Good part time work with flexible hours when required.
Post Office Clerk and General Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2018
Good part time work with flexible hours when required. Perfect for students during school when there may not be a lot of hours that you are available to work.
Terrible Place to work
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 May 2018
I've been in retail for over ten years, and Shoppers was the only place where I felt like I meant absolutely nothing to company; they're abusive with shifts (my store was constantly booking close opens even know they know the employees hate it) and also they're raises were so bad it was clear they didn't care for their employees. Stay Away.
Huge expectations, low pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 May 2018
Upper management just doesn’t care, to them you’re just a number. The learning curve for this position was huge, yet they pay minimum wage, the raises each year are a joke and an insult. We were doing manual stock counts every week, they couldn’t even get us RF guns until last year
Pros
Learned a lot, loved the hours
Cons
Low compensation
Friendly Staff, Decent Pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 May 2018
Working at Shoppers Drug Marts provided me with skills I can use in my future career as the staff who work there were always very friendly and were always willing to teach myself or others new lessons. I was given fair hours and made minimum wage. The overall experience working there was good and I highly recommend it for someone looking for a first job.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Low Pay
Unpleasant place to work with no advancement potential
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
SDM is a frustrating place to work - there aren't enough hours to go around to actually finish the work that the pharmacy is required to do. People are poorly trained and poorly paid with no potential for advancement.
Pros
Decent Drug Plan
Cons
Poor pay, No Advancement
Lots of Problems
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON24 May 2018
Mangement really sucks at my location. They don't care about you. The employees are amazing though and make work bearable. Just don't go in there expecting something good.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
mangement
Nice work environment, great people, but poor raises
Canada Post Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 May 2018
I love my Shoppers store that I work at, and I love the staff, but for what is required of me and the flexibility and adaptability I've shown to them, in return I have not received an appropriate raise. I understand minimum wage went up this year but if you want your employees like myself to be happy and continue to strive to make your store function the way it does, then reward them. Treat your employees well and with respect and they'll show you the same.
great location
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park, ON16 May 2018
the manager of this store is very understanding and nice . he is also very easy to talk to as well as his team . I enjoyed working here is was a good learning expierence
Pros
location
Cons
Short breaks, Long hours
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 May 2018
I really enjoyed working with Shoppers Drug Mart. Our team there was very successful. Happy and fun environment to work in. I gain a lot of knowledge and benefits working with this team.
Work places are fun when you have good cooperating members around
Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
Working and solving peoples queries is always my happiness,am deligent at disposing my duties am hard working,punctual at work humble, can work under little or no supervision
Pros
Lunch
Cons
12 hours
Overall good experience
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Elbow Drive, Calgary11 May 2018
I liked my job and would work there again. It could get boring if it is a slow day but I liked helping people. I thought the management was nice and the workplace culture was good. Hardest part was standing for hours.
Pros
Good wage, friendly staff
Cons
not enough training on cash
Fast paced environment.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 May 2018
High volume store. Fast paced environment with multiple tasking required. Extremely detailed receiving required for inventory accuracy. Heavy lifting required.
Pros
Good benefits.
It was a good high school job
Cashier, merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, ON8 May 2018
it was a good job, good hours but boring when its so repetitive.it was a good job when being a student but now that I'm in university I want a change because I have been there for so long
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long hours especially when it closes at 12am
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 May 2018
I really enjoyed working here part-time as a high-school student. Helped me get on my feet and save for college. Would recommend as a first job for anyone.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimum wage
Good job for high schoolers
Cashier and customer service (Former Employee) –  Comox, BC7 May 2018
Management was flexible with school hours, and the people were excellent to work with. Shifts generally went six to eight hours depending on the day, and the equipement was easy to use.
Pros
30% discount on everything in the store
Cons
I can't think of any
Good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney River, NS3 May 2018
This was a good place to start working. although most of the employees were older women, they were still fun to be around. As for the work, it gets boring after about 2 hours. doing the same thing over and over isn't always the most interesting.
Pros
Free food every few weeks
Cons
boring
not the best company to work for
CASHIER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
working for this company is great if you need a job or if this is your first job.; not a career not pay hours are not flexible. management is terrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K