Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 556 reviews matching the search See all 3,480 reviews
very nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2019
very nice managers and co workers, very understanding when it comes to sick days and other emergencies. very flexible with hours and lots of stuff to do
I used to recommend Shoppers to everyone. Not anymore.
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
For the most part, working at Shopper's (in the post office 80% of the time) is great. Don't expect great pay, usually you get about 10-20 cent raises once a year or two (depending on your FSM), starting at minimum wage. You have to learn A LOT in the post office, but you follow a regular cashier's payscale. I learned a lot about dealing with the public and working with others, and I love most of the people I work with. However, many changes in the past year (mostly due to management) have made it miserable for me. Your experience at work will greatly depend on your supervisors. Great job for students though! My Shopper's is very flexible when it comes to hours. Hardest part of the job? When a customer gets riled up and rips into you for things outside your control. Most enjoyable part? Used to be the freedom of how much customer service I could give.
Unorganized workplace, Pay is not worth it.
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2019
Worked here for 6 years and only ever saw my pay go up when the minimum wage did. There is no seniority when it comes to hours or pay. Pay is not worth it.
Pros
Cons
managers did not get along, customers are entitled, pay is not worth it
boring work
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 February 2019
low chance of growing but very nice people to work with. found that with so many staff, hours are low and you dont get to learn too many departments as they already have someone else there.
Shoppers is a great company, my managers were not so great
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 February 2019
Shoppers is independently owned so you won't find this issue at every location. However, the management at my location were infuriating to deal with. They had manipulative behaviors towards staff, never provided a safe work environment and do not even listen when you had concerns. I worked at this location for a long time and saw a lot of people come and go when they realized how warped management was.

I highly suggest working here if your full time in cosmetics and have kind management. The benefits are wonderful. But if you have management anything like mine, it's not worth it.
Pros
great company, great benefits, cosmetics department fun to work in
Cons
if your management sucks, your job will suck
Good starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB3 February 2019
Amazing team atmosphere, competitive wages, flexible hours. wonderful job for someone in high school or is just looking for some more hours. Employee discount is stellar!
Good work culture and management but really busy
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2019
I overall liked working at Shopper's. The staff are super supportive and management is super organized and interactive. I also don't know many places that give you an hour break for working 6-8 hours and half of it is paid. However there are some downsides. 1. The customers can be crazy and mean. 2. It can get super busy, sometimes you're running around the store all day. 3. The raise increases are minimal.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
Really busy
Horrible pay for amount of work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 January 2019
As a supervisor there is a lot of work and things you are accountable for. Many owners, practically all of them never give raises to their employees. Everyone is under paid and are expected to work like dogs. Managers try to make the culture positive, but it's very hard to participate in this energy when you're getting paid just above minimum wage and can't afford anything. The discount is great though and usually the people you work with are amazing. This job has made me into a very dependable worker. The best thing about this job is the people you work with for sure.
Pros
discount
Cons
horrible pay
The managers were very meticulous
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2019
The Managers were very high strung! Often expecting a lot more than what was even asked on the job description and i often found myself getting asked to do two opposite things.
Pros
Paid Lunch Great benefits
Fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2019
great place to work when the manager is chill and also the supervisors. also, a good place to work when your co workers are your buddies. It doesn't feel like work its more like having fun when your coworkers are nice. it doesn't pay good but good for students part time.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
uniform
Work Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
To be honest I had fun, even though I found it boring I still enjoyed it. While I was working I found one of my old childhood friends so that was amazing. Overall I like everything.
Pros
Free lunches, good service, easy to do
Cons
not that bad to be hoenst, i just wish there could be more to do sometimes
fun work enviroment
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 January 2019
great job for someone entering the work world. very structured and organized. the people are eager to help when needed. great benefits and work environment.
genuine and collaborative
Front store manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 January 2019
This company is innovate and creative in its ability to follow current trends and the "ever changing" needs of its consumers.
It was a great experience overall and i took away a wealth of knowledge and self growth.
Pros
fantastic benefits and great staff
Cons
Long hours and always on-call
Leader in Retail
Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON11 January 2019
Shoppers Drug Mart has pretty much been my entire working life. I was given the opportunity to grow from entry level to management. I learned all aspects of retail management from this company. Culture is currently in a shift due to the Loblaws acquisition and it still does not seem defined. But they seem to be working on it. Worst part of this job is the ability to maintain a level work/life balance. Best part of the job is the relationships that one can build.
Pros
Fair management compensation, leader in the industry
Cons
Long hours, sometimes unrealistic demands
Way too much negativity, only care about money making
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2019
This is an intensely negative place to work. Everything is not as it appears, so if you work there I would be very careful about who you trust, unless you like working in a place that pits people against each other. This company cares mostly about making money, they only have specialists there, two of whom that are the most diva like people and have made several employees go home crying. They do not value hard-working, loyal people, they value people who step on other people to get ahead in the company. The office politics are awful. This is a huge company owned by Loblaws. There are very mean people there that pretend to be nice.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps, good benefits
Cons
Mediocre pay for workload, gossipy, negative environment
Productive and a very fun environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  7700 Markham Rd, Markham, ON L3S 3K56 January 2019
My experience at Shoppers Drug Mart was a very good experience, because it taught me alot. Some things I learned was, being patient and friendly with other. I also improved my time management skills, and also working there had improved my communication skills. Everyone who works there are so friendly and kind, they treat you like family and that is the best part.
Pros
lunch breaks whenever you prefer
Cons
gets very busy during lunch hours
fun
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC27 December 2018
1. good and flexible hours .
2. accommodating to students and those who have other responsibilities.
3. work with a variety of people that you are able to build a relationship with.
Great
Merchandiser/ Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 December 2018
Tons of social interaction, discount is great, depends in what area you work in but for the most part customers are easy to deal with. Most jobs are pretty easy to do there, just gets boring.
Nice Enviornment and Work benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2018
Working with the shoppers team was always a pleasure - great management and benefits. It is a great position for someone looking to grow with the company or a University student
Great work place
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2018
Working in this Shoppers Drug Mart location like a working in a same family. We all take care each other in any situation. Every end of the month store provide free lunch and dinner to celebrate birthday party, whoever the employer born that month.
Pros
Wonderful management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K