Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Pay & benefits reviews: Pharmacy Assistant

stressful and very competitive, not paid enough for living, very busy most of the times, long hours of work usually but overall experience is good as per learning perspective
The job itself was good. Older employees not willing to teach or help new staff. Often expressing they hate training or very impatient. Definitely consider another company if possible.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Rude customers, very stressful, poor management
as a pharmacy assistant, you are constantly running around and sick (from being around sick customers at work). also, you are likely to be yelled at by customer 2x a day. on top of that, the starting wage is poor and wage increases a few and didn’t meet living wage even after 5 years. working here so long is a professional REGRET.
This is a great job. I've worked at 2 different locations over the last 4 years. There is a strong sense of teamwork in the pharmacy. The job is difficult but it pays more than minimum wage for the increase in stress. The customers are nasty though and will verbally abuse you any chance they get. Health insurance plans are not very comprehensive.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Teamwork, Good hours (location dependent)
Cons
Poor benefits, horrible customers, very stressful
The pay is not worth the work put into it, and they do not care about your experience or how long you've worked there, they will cut your job in an instant!
Excellent work culture and management. However, steps should be taken to improve wages, as minimal wages offered by the company do not match up with the living costs in the greater toronto area.
Shoppers as a franchise is great to work for because their pay is fair and their employee benefits and discount is very good. But depending on the store owner and managers, the job culture varies.
This is a great place to work however, there is a lack of encouragement for any job well done or for opportunities to advance your position. The pay is minimum wage, largest raise in 3 years was $0.30.
Pros
30% discount on all in store purchases
Great experience , good knowledge and team work, fast paced environment. Management is good only bad thing I found so far is they have very high benefits rate that they will deduct from from your pay every month. Insurance premium high compared to other competitive company
Awful to work for . I did for 16 years then a new associate took over and head office didn’t support me . I was paid off because of my wage . They would rather pay someone with no experience and less money then service .
Cons
Better to try to get into Pharmasave or any other non loblaw owned pharmacies. They pay way too little according to their payscale. For the fast paced workplace that it is, it doesn’t make it worth it.
Amazing site to work at. Had a lot of fun and learned lotsunder the guidance and tutelage of my preceptor. I definitely felt welcome when I first started working at shoppers drug mart pharmacy.
Pros
reasonable benefits/salary
Cons
lack of designated breaks/career website is not very user friendly
I have worked for shoppers drug mart since 2011 and I am looking for a part time or full time with a higher pay than what I am currently getting paid.
treated with respect, never had a problem getting paid on time. did yearly reviews so we received raises and benefits were an option. great work environment
the company offers great benefits, compensations and bonus. The management encourage life balance and the workplace are well rounded. The only hard part of the job is the shift rotates from morning to overnight.
I love my job but there needs to be better scheduling management. Mostly competent employees to make a for a good work flow. When it is busy the day goes by quickly.
Pros
30% off regular priced item
Cons
There is no seniority as to how the schedule is decided
Overall the store is in great condition. Well stocked merchandise. I enjoyed my co-workers because they are all friendly. Our patients, some are nice and some are not so nice.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Limited per hour salary
I really enjoyed the store I work at. The people I worked with were always willing to help each other out. My supervisor was understanding and fair. It made going to work enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch on special days.
no training but co workers are nice. very high paced at times. Not enough hrs are given for part time. pay is what is expected for retail. Theeir pharmacy system not very user friendly
SDM is a frustrating place to work - there aren't enough hours to go around to actually finish the work that the pharmacy is required to do. People are poorly trained and poorly paid with no potential for advancement.
Pros
Decent Drug Plan
Cons
Poor pay, No Advancement
I worked my butt off here and despite my co-workers telling me otherwise, management thought I was sub par, even going as far as extending my probationary period because they were "on the fence" about keeping me. It was one of the most stressful jobs I've ever had just based on the worries of my job security. Best of luck!
Pros
Good salary, benefits, store discount
Cons
Expectations are hard to meet