Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Pay & Benefits reviews: Cash Manager

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 4,099 reviews
Your average part time job
CASH MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 June 2019
I’ve worked here for years and while my job is stable and flexible, my compensation is laughable. They have high expectations for low return. They do have a lot of room for growth at the store level if you want to learn many positions. As for culture, we used to have more employee appreciation events but recently they no longer happen at our location.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Overworking, Low Wage
Productive and fun place to work
Cash Supervisor/ Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 May 2019
Amazing staff to work with, gives you hours and is reliable. Management takes good care of the staff and. customer service is appreciated. Long hours can be hectic.
Bad Management.
Supervisor, Cashier, Receiver, Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 November 2018
The management is always awful regardless of which SDM you work at. Don't expect any encouragement or praise from anyone. And expect to work in multiple depaetments. For example: if you were hired as a cashier you'll also do the job of merchandisers on top of your other duties. Supervisers have their own responibilites as well as being a cashier-merchandiser. And so on and so forth as you (if you're lucky) climb your way in the store you work at or possibly the company.

If you hate yourself and want to make less than what your reaponsiblility amount is, then by all means, work for Shoppers Drug Mart.
Benefits
Cons
Management, minimum wage, overworked
Terrible Place to work
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 May 2018
I've been in retail for over ten years, and Shoppers was the only place where I felt like I meant absolutely nothing to company; they're abusive with shifts (my store was constantly booking close opens even know they know the employees hate it) and also they're raises were so bad it was clear they didn't care for their employees. Stay Away.
management and environment
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton and Toronto16 April 2018
Management depends on the stores. overall it is great with schedule durring school. A friendly work environment. Staff is great, and it is a great place for a part-time job.
Pros
Great staff, flexible schedules
Cons
Doesn't pay very well. Hours can be unfair at times
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON18 March 2018
This shoppers was the best place I've ever worked at until new management came in. Did not take her long to push out all old staff within her 6 months
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not goog management
Terrible Job Experience
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
This location was not productive at all. Staff did not complete their tasks there was delayed work, no proper staffing, we did not get a raise or over time hours. During visits from the Head Office we would be at the store until the next morning working to ensure everything was up to date. it was ridiculous
No pay increace
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
The job is a job, it doesnt come with any benefits or pay increases , regardless of your position you will still be paid minimum wage. Only pay you will 12 regardless of the time it takes to actually finish counting the trays and putting it all away.
Great people to work with. Bad hourly pay and not much for raises.
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  415 Herald court, Saskatoon, SK20 January 2018
I enjoyed working here as all the employees and managers were really nice and good. I was promised 13/hr but never happened. I was payed 11.55/hr. Always had chips and chocolate that was about to expired in break room and cosmetics would do like an employee sale every once in a while for 6 items for 2 dollars. So you saved like 100's of dollars with that on make up. Overall it was good but not enough pay and never scheduled more then 32-34 hours a week for full time employees.
Pros
Chips and choclate. Cheap makeup.
Cons
Hours and pay.
Fun and and enjoyable to work.
Cash supervisor/merchandiser,post office (Current Employee) –  Shoppers broadway 26317 September 2017
For the last 17 yrs working in SDM ,Its fun and good place to work I enjoyed a lot ,I work in all departments from cashier ,mechamdising, ,cash office paper works and deposit. I was also a post office manager at one time ,I enjoyed challenging and stressful sometimes ,learn to be more pati
ent to costumers and offering good services . the most enjoyable part is when the the have a good teamwork its fun coz the work done so fast. I love shoppers and happy to recommend to friends to work coz of the good benifits
Good team environment, but poor management.
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 June 2017
A typical day is strenuous, with lots of tasks to complete and little time and upper level management had a very poor understanding of how long it should take to complete them properly. There is room for upward mobility, though, which is a plus, and they offer a very good benefits package, even for part-time employees. The most enjoyable part is the coworkers, by far. They are all, for the most part, very helpful, supportive, and entertaining.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Workload
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2017
I love this workplace and everyone in it. Everyone there is very nice and we were all a big family. The hours worked perfectly with my school schedule because they were very flexible.
Pros
Staff
Cons
not enough pay
great job very flexible
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2017
A place to work. Very flexible with scheduling. Management is always friendly, everyone works together as a team. The employee discount is also awesome
A clean and fun place to work
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2016
Coaching approach towards managing employees: Great Blue Culture. Co operative and supportive boss,good benefits.
On a typical day,we work on planograms,order and maintain an balanced inventory,prepare bank deposit for store,provide optimal customer service
Pros
Free Merchandise
Cons
May be better pay scale
Was not a particularly enjoyable experience..
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC20 March 2016
I was hired as Cash Manager..told I would be working 40 hours per week..sure for November and December, and then when they fired someone and need coverage..no three month increase..spent most of my time there trying to implement structures that should have been in place, but werent..worked with staff who had been issued repeated warnings, but were still kept on..was told it was more important to stock dairy and bring in shopping carts than it was to ensure the cash office ran smoothly..Listened to every single manager complain about every other manager..I stayed out of it, because drama in the workplace doesnt interest me..I have been told by other employees at other stores that Shoppers is a great company to work for..I would never choose it again knowing in hindsight what I know now.

Oh and the best part was being told that I had ineffective communication skills, and being given a guideline on 'how to raise a resilient child' as instruction on how to manage millenials..for those of you still working there..thats how management views you..'as children'..

First company I ever worked for who actually decreased my pay after a three month probation, by cutting my hours..LOL, and I was asked to control 'my negativity' towards that situation..

I am completely happy and found a new job within three weeks..so no harm no foul, but I notice the job is currently posted, so hope this balances out the perception of what this role is..Good Luck!
Pros
Cons
standing at cash for half my shift, covering breaks, really just a glorified supervisor
Low pay and poor worker morale
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2013
Long hours with little appreciate for a job well done. Repetitive tasks, not challenging.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
low pay
Ok place to woirk, Managers vary in quality
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 September 2013
Pay is good, but the benefits need some increasing. Managers are hit and miss, some are a lot better than others.
Best envirnoment
Full-time Cash Manager/ Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 October 2012
Excellent work environment