Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Prideful of their employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 May 2018
Store #1186 in St. Catharines ON was by far the best employment I've had. Management was always more than willing to answer 110 questions we may have had. I only wish that I could have stayed with the team longer.
ok place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
This place has all kinds for characters lurking in the background. If you have a problem at work, I don't recommend going to management about it. Seek outside help, other than that everything else is cool
Great PT place to work
Part Time Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC21 May 2018
I worked here while my children were small. I had a great store manager who took that in consideration and tried to accommodate me as much as possible. I like the store policies and what it stands for. At the time of employment we were a team and it was a nice place to work at. I was in charge of monies, and customer service and stocking shelves.
Pros
Team mentality
Cons
dealing with irrate customers
Nice work environment, great people, but poor raises
Canada Post Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 May 2018
I love my Shoppers store that I work at, and I love the staff, but for what is required of me and the flexibility and adaptability I've shown to them, in return I have not received an appropriate raise. I understand minimum wage went up this year but if you want your employees like myself to be happy and continue to strive to make your store function the way it does, then reward them. Treat your employees well and with respect and they'll show you the same.
good
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 May 2018
good place for work. did it durng highschool, got by. Easy to build connections and work at different locations. I worked at about 8 different shoppers drugmarts
Former employee
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON18 May 2018
The owner would yell and scream at the staff, threaten to take our hours away, and make in appropriate comments . Will never return. Never had any staff incentives for good work.
Pros
Cons
Management was awful, verbally abusive
environnement pour débuter
Laval, QC (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)18 May 2018
• Travailler avec le logiciel LabXpert dans l’environnement pharmaceutique
• Compléter des prescriptions de patients à travers des tâches organisées
• Donner un service professionnel aux clients avec une connaissance avancée du domaine pharmaceutique
• Maximiser la productivité et la satisfaction des clients à travers un travail efficace autonome ou en équipe
• Gérer les bases de données du système pour garder les dossiers organisés et structurés
• Promouvoir les services de la pharmacie et ses promotions à tous ses clients
• Établir des relations amicales et de confiance avec les clients pour s’assurer de leur loyauté et de leur satisfaction
no complain
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 May 2018
i was just part time employee when i was working at shoppers drug mart. my time in shoppers was an awesome one. really no complain at all. one the best place for student to work as part time job.
Serving the Customer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON16 May 2018
I'd come in, make sure to bring in the newspapers. Making sure to write it all in the book to keep track. Turn on the lottery machine and cash register. Walk to the back and count the cash. Once it's time to open the store I have to make sure that the front of the store is very organized and all the stock is turned and properly showcased. I would also tag and help make the displays look creative. I would also get calls on the phone from customers and I would have to send them to other departments and or answer the questions myself. Easiest part of my job would have to be the organizing and putting down the information because I enjoy doing that, however, the hardest would be when you'd have to call the lottery company when our machines wouldn't work.
Pros
Getting to know the people you're serving
Cons
The manager was unbearable.
great location
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park, ON16 May 2018
the manager of this store is very understanding and nice . he is also very easy to talk to as well as his team . I enjoyed working here is was a good learning expierence
Pros
location
Cons
Short breaks, Long hours
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 May 2018
I really enjoyed working with Shoppers Drug Mart. Our team there was very successful. Happy and fun environment to work in. I gain a lot of knowledge and benefits working with this team.
The work itself isn't bad just lots of stressful customers.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2018
Enough work to keep a person busy and opportunities to grow. Management definitely is the weakest part with the employees making up for it. the hardest part is the stress from some of the customers if you truely care about where you work.
Pros
job stability
Cons
stressful customers
Pharmacy Assistant
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 May 2018
I would do all of the background work of the pharmacy e.g collecting the garbage, fill the vials, ointment jars, methadone supplies for the pharmacist, stock up the shelves, put away the order,do the owing, etc once i am done i would help with the filling and the cash
Pros
co-worker
Cons
not enough hrs
One of the worst experiences ever
Makeup Artist/ Cosmetic Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Digby, NS15 May 2018
I loved my job and what I was required to do, but the management in my specific location was terrible. Otherwise, it was a great job in many ways, especially interacting with my clients
Fun place to work and Great People to work with.
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 May 2018
I was at Full time Cashier I learned the Till I learned to Work with Bigger amounts Of cash I leaned how to work with Lottery.

the Management was Good!
Its not the old shoppers
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2018
Over all my experience with shoppers has been 50/50 depending on Management as it changed so did atmosphere , and the level of care and when safety is loss to laziness for management the workers follow suit.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours all over the board, no job security
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 May 2018
A typical day at work will begin with a daily planner, where employees are assigned to aisle to stock up merchandise. But also provide assistant to the cashier for customer service when needed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
procedures
Work places are fun when you have good cooperating members around
Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
Working and solving peoples queries is always my happiness,am deligent at disposing my duties am hard working,punctual at work humble, can work under little or no supervision
Pros
Lunch
Cons
12 hours
fun workspace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
Shoppers is a very fun workspace to work at. I liked this job because the assistant managers I worked with were chill. following instructions are easy and fun to work with the assistant managers.
Great experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bishop's Falls, NL11 May 2018
You are always respected and usually have a choice of tasks between different employees. you are on cash putting up tags putting out stalk helping customers.
Pros
flexability
Cons
elderly clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K