Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 3,272 reviews matching the search See all 3,328 reviews
fun place very productive
post office clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 November 2018
I worked there for so many years and i never had a day where i never enjoyed my self the staff and the owner and boss where very nice always got along never wanted to miss work always happy to be there if i had the chance t work there again with the same environment i would do it in a heart beat
Pros
boss looked after each employee very well made a happy environment
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly environment
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 November 2018
Coming into the store and making sure everything was clean and in there place. I learned about FIFO. The workplace culture was amazing as the senior staff was very helpful.
fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2018
Must be able to multitask with attention to detail while conducting transactions and calls at the same time. Learned how to use multiple IT systems..
Productive workplace
Cashier / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 November 2018
A typical day at work is having to re-stock shelves, assisting customers with their questions, and taking their passport pictures, while merchandising. On cash, I stay positive, greet customers well, and ensure they get the right deals. I have learned to deal with different types of people, and I have learned that teamwork is very important in the retail business. Management is great because they know how to keep us employees busy, and they are able to answer questions correctly when help is needed. Workplace culture is great because of the diversity, and we feed off of each other with our different cultural knowledge. The hardest part of the job is making sure the inventory count is correct and accurate. This is because anything can happen to products, such as them being stolen, miscounting in general and some being lost. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction between customers and the organizations team. Having good people to work with, makes work enjoyable, as well as being able to interact with customers because you learn a lot about people and I take that positively because I will become a better person as well.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
L'environnement de travail est tendu
COMMIS (Former Employee) –  Saint-Colomban, QC12 November 2018
Les membres de l'équipe de gestion mettent beaucoup de pression aux autres employés pour effectuer toutes les tâches du plancher. C'est difficile de répondre aux attentes des gestionnaires. Ils traitent les commis comme des esclaves et les superviseurs également. Le salaire augmente peu et il est rare qu'un employé est récompensé pour son bon travail.
Pros
Perspectives d'avenir
Cons
Courtes pauses, petit salaire
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON11 November 2018
enjoyed working in the retail field as it was very flexible with my school schedule. management was good, team was always welcoming and supportive. learned merchandising
Right timing
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2018
When I worked at this specific location, it happened to be at the right time. It was a new location opening, so I had the opportunity to move up quickly. The staff that I worked with were great.
Bad Management.
Supervisor, Cashier, Receiver, Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 November 2018
The management is always awful regardless of which SDM you work at. Don't expect any encouragement or praise from anyone. And expect to work in multiple depaetments. For example: if you were hired as a cashier you'll also do the job of merchandisers on top of your other duties. Supervisers have their own responibilites as well as being a cashier-merchandiser. And so on and so forth as you (if you're lucky) climb your way in the store you work at or possibly the company.

If you hate yourself and want to make less than what your reaponsiblility amount is, then by all means, work for Shoppers Drug Mart.
Benefits
Cons
Management, minimum wage, overworked
Très bien
CAISSIÈRE (Current Employee) –  Mascouche, QC9 November 2018
Journées de travail moyennement à très occupé les fin de semaine sinon très calme les soirs de semaine.
Équipe de travail exceptionnelle
Pros
Équipe de travail
Cons
Salaire, avantages sociaux
Good experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmundston, NB8 November 2018
A typical day at work, I would start by counting my cash to make sure I had the amount necessary in it, Would also count my lottery tickets. I would then make my way to the front store and make sure the lottery machine was signed in and was ready to work. Next I would check if the alarms were working, and verify if the pharmacist was in, and then I would open the doors on the opening time. During my day if I wasn't the only cashier I would help stocking or facing shelves, and at the end of my day I would go back to the cash office and count my cash and make sure it was balancing with my sales. I learned a lot of my customer service skills at shoppers, I learned better ways of communicating and a better way to function in team work. The workplace was amazing and I say this because we had different types of work we could do, we didn't always do repeated work. The hardest part of the job would probably be lifting really heavy items, but I did find some ways to make it easier for me. The most enjoyable part would probably be the customer service.
Pros
Percentage off.
Cons
Our schedule wasn't always made 3 weeks before like it was told it would be.
Overall Summary
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2018
During a typical shift I would help clients with either their cosmetic, skin care or perfume needs.
Work environment became harsh between cosmeticians and sometimes management.
Although, very understanding when asking off days for whatever reason (school, faith, etc.)
Overall stress free job.
Pros
Location very close, employee discount, almost always gave off when requested
Cons
Management changed and it's effects were felt
Bonne ambiance de travail
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2018
Vous avez un souci au niveau professionnel ou personnel il y aura toujours quelqu'un dans l'entreprise pour vous écouter, autant un collègue de travail qu'un patron.
Pros
Travail d'équipe
Cons
Coin peu sécurisant
enjoyed
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 November 2018
I enjoyed my team.hard joyfull workers! willing to learn work hard ect Liked duties also working daily Traveled to set up stores meet new employees ect ect many different things to do learn daily
Pros
learn skills
Cons
some unskilled lasy
This is an okay place to work if you handle stress and pressure well. over all a fun work experience though
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2018
I loved being in the environment however the stress of having to meet weekly sales and things puts a lot of pressure on. co workers are awesome and funny and will always make sure you have a way home after work.
Negative atmosphere
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2018
Despite my negative experience working at Shoppers, it is a good "first job", but there is little to know flexibility in hours, and the location I worked at, had both intolerable customers and employees alike. Overall just a bad experience.
Pros
30% discount on almost everything in store
Cons
Long hours, some overnights, no flexible hours
Strict, good first job to have for teenagers and young adults.
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB7 November 2018
Being a cashier is tiring, if you enjoy interacting with people this is the job for you. I learned how to deal with problem customers and supervise a store. Long periods of time you spend standing, but the hours are good and predictable.
Pros
Scattered breaks.
Cons
Long hours.
Environnement de travaille exclu de l’equipe
Stagiaire commis de magasin (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2018
Les autres employés de m’incluaient pas dans l’equipe
Pros
J’aimais travailler dans les cosmétiques
Cons
Les employés n’etais pas sociable
Excellent Place To Work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS7 November 2018
I loved working with Shoppers Drug Mart! Shoppers Drug Mart, truly invest in their staff and are very supportive of staff. The rewards program for customer satisfaction is phenomenal, not to mention the Optimum points and discount. Customers were fantastic, and it was a pleasure to work there every day! The store owner, was phenomenal and always their for staff when needed.
Pros
Excellent Discounts
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC6 November 2018
Lots of room for growth and development, there is always ways to improve ones knowledge and learn something new. A great place to work with awesome people.
Horrible management
Stock Filler and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC6 November 2018
Management is horrible and work loads are insane. The work team is awesome though, until they decide to leave and your stuck with all the workload.

sincerely
Pros
team
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K