Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 4,608 reviews matching the search
I enjoyed interacting with the public most of the time. When covid-19 came into play we had a much more interesting variety of customers come into the store to entertain us daily.
Pros
Nice friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hours to workshare
Culture is poor. Pay is terrible. Profession is being trashed. I have no idea why anyone except pharmacists with low morale or who have never worked in a decent pharmacy would ever bother working here. Health watch is also the final nail in the coffin.
Pros
30 percent discounts for employees
Cons
Basically everything as soon as you walk through the door
There's a lot of sale days and often there's issues with talkers/flyers and customers tend to complain. Management is really nice and tend to help you out when there's finicky customers
Many years spent working for this company and while there have been many issues, it’s the customers/coworkers that have made me stay. They will try their best to keep you just under hours so that you cannot get benefits, they will fire you with no notice if you don’t have the right availability for them, management will do things that hurt the employees so that they can get bonuses. Management and store owner take no responsibility for anything. And now with the latest cuts in hours ( because a month into the year we haven’t met our “targets” ) has stripped the entire store down to an absolute bare minimum staff, with many people laid off and many remaining being forced to find new jobs because they can no longer afford to survive.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Low wage, zero compassion, no one takes responsibility
You get to interact with a lot of great customers and coworkers. I started off as a Merchandiser and got a lot of opportunities to grow and learn through my Front Store Manager and Associate. I learned about every single part of the store with the exception of post office and pharmacy. Overall, the store has a positive work culture when compared to other stores in the area. As long as you work hard, and as long as you don't wander around aimlessly in lalaland, you will get noticed and praised.I was involved with purchasing, receiving, cashiering, merchandising, and supervising. Most of my shifts were night shifts, which typically involved facing the entire store, restocking shelves, rebuilding end caps, making new signs/talkers, and cleaning up the backroom. I had to help customers with their app and loaded coupon problems. You had to be available for passport photos for your entire shift, but the overall process was easy to teach and learn. I also had to deal with the electronics section. I did everything I could do to teach nighttime cashiers on how to do job functions related to merchandising, but there's only so much time and too many distractions sometimes. Training/coaching was an ongoing task. If it was a daytime shift, I would be responsible for performing a low stock walk, replenishing shelves, cleaning up the backroom, receiving, purchasing, cashiering, and helping with supervisor calls. For both the day and night shift, I juggled a lot of hats, but the work made the day go by a lot faster. Overall, the job was pretty stressful since it's retail.The wage and benefits - more...
Pros
Great manager who mentored and trained me, Good Associate Owner, Great first job, Lots of opportunities to learn at the store level, Learn a lot while working on the job, Great coworkers, Lots of upward movement until you reach AFSM level, Opportunity to request bigger raises, Lots of chances to gain transferable skills
Cons
Have to be available weekends/nights, Sometimes there would be too much work for one person, Difficult to become a Front Store Manager due to LEAD being poorly designed, Not enough Front Store Manager opportunities, Insufficient support from continuous improvement team, PC Optimum Loyalty problems frequently showed up
I really enjoyed there.I worked there at night time.my store manager was really happy with my work. I did sign up load of optimum cards.they are really surprised how I can do .
A typical day at work for me involved going to the back of the store, loading a cart fresh with products, taking the cart to the aisles, and stocking and facing the aisles with products using the FIFO method.I used my attention to detail well with comparing best before dates.I learned basic employability skills such as patience, teamwork, and communication. Management would never shy away from guiding me through a new process I did not understand once I raised a question.The workplace culture was very much innocuous and down-to-earth.The hardest part of the job was the self-doubt of offering my customer service only to refer customers to employees who could better handle it.
Pros
Major lunch break window, employability and general business skill building
Cons
Not a very useful job to learn how to become a major player in a profession
Shoppers drug mart provides proper training for new staff as well as a fast paced learning environment with multiple opportunities to move up to higher positions in the company as well as ratings and raises often. If you like customer service I highly recommend.
Pros
Good amount of time for breaks
Cons
Stressful
I did a coop in shopper and the staff was very nice I learned a lot from them because they taught me how to do a lot of different things and the manager appreciated my work and it was a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The staff is amazing, very friendly people. Management is bad, I have no hours. I have worked there for a year and a half, there is lots of room for advancement, great place to work, just management needs to give their employees more hours.
Pros
Room for Advancement, Friendly Staff
Cons
No hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix?
Very busy, stressful, with no training or availability of asking questions. They just ask you to do tasks.Very Rude demanding management /owner.Never out on time.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs, rude staff
Customers can be great. Some stores are a family atmosphere but head office just worried about the bottom line. Cut hours do more. If you want minimum wage and don’t want fast food this job is for you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No pensions. No raises based on performance
I work in pharmacy and I feel that front shop staff is not always helpful when they are paged for customer service. That can be very frustrating and embarrassing. I often feel bad for the customers waiting for assistance and nobody shows up. Probably due to understaffing. Come on head office we need more staff
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
No breaks very stressful in pharmacy.
They expect you to learn the work for each department, but pay only minimum wage. Don't give enough hours No chances of promotion even after working for years.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
The management/owners are fantastic, the work is fun, and I enjoy going to work every shift! I can be creative, they have taken safety seriously during the pandemic, and are understanding if you need time off.
As part-time driver, I benefited of fair amount of independence and flexibility to organize my deliveries. Showing cheerful and flexible attitude got me an excellent cooperation from other drivers, management and supporting staff. Customers, especially seniors, were very good and always make me feel welcome. It was a very rewarding job. Too bad I have not be able to find the same job so far
Pros
independence & good support
Cons
some precarious driving conditions
Not understanding associates, they do not help pharmacists to build confidence.They don't give time to get used to work environment. Assistants ,as any other place, are whisperers to the associate of the bad and difficult situations rather than the good things.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not inclusive, hostile
The job itself was good. Older employees not willing to teach or help new staff. Often expressing they hate training or very impatient. Definitely consider another company if possible.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Rude customers, very stressful, poor management
I just wish that they paid cosmeticians a little higher. We work hard on selling products and we always deal with unpleasant customers. Its draining..
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Not allowed to sit down.
Since loblaws took it over it is one of the worst companies no more customer service forcing ppl out of there jobs don’t care about there employees unrealistic expectations high stress levels because patrons are upset about not getting the service they used to when it was just shoppers drug mart and the work load has doubled because of job and hour cuts LOBLAWS WORST COMPANY EVER
Cons
Très flexible pour les étudiants. Facile comme premier emploi et les collèges sont gentils. Les jours de la semaines sont très relax, il n'y a pas beaucoup de clients, mais durant les weekends, surtout les samedis, c'est très occupé. Ils devraient faire rentrer plus d'employés ce jour-là, parce que c'est beaucoup de stress à passer tous ces clients. Les clients peuvent être méchants quand la ligne est trop longue... En général, c'est une bonne job pour acquérir de l'expérience.
Pros
rabais employés, horaires flexibles
Cons
courtes pauses, pas d'augmentation de salaire