Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
Very good company to work for. Your work is recognized and you are respected for the work you have completed. Highly motivated individuals who will guide you on day to day work.
great first job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
typical day at work is fill shelves of store and help customers find products and answer any questions

learned how to work as a team to get the task done
and how to order stock and display products based on the demands of the store traffic
Pros
staff discount
Cons
no set schedules
Fun workplace that taught me a lot and gave me a lot of new skills.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2018
Liked it a lot nice coworkers and managers who taught me a lot of new social skills and work knowledge. Worked in a generally relaxed place but when it got busy it wasn't hard to keep things in control I did my job and tried to help others as much as I could.
Great company, Excellent Culture
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON15 July 2018
Shoppers Drugmart is a great place to work, there is a culture of continuous improvement but that culture is also focused on the people. People are the main focus and building remationships in order to get the desired results.
Great company to work for!
BEAUTY EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2018
I worked at shoppers for 8 years in cosmetics. My managers we're all very friendly and approachable. Worked with a great team. Made some lifetime friends. I got raised every year, plus commission. I'd definitely recommend Shoppers to anyone looking for a new job.
Pros
Great discount and benefits
Cons
Not alot of room for advancement
Very fun
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 July 2018
I love working there, employees are all very nice, healthy environment. You learn a lot as a cosmetician because you're in charge of that whole department alone.
Long hours, with little reward
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 July 2018
As a supervisor, there were a lot of things I was responsible for and received little help with other duties. Much of the time I had to complete the daily paperwork with no help on cash and the paperwork would end up taking very long to complete.
Manager
Store Manager - Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
You will be hired by shop owner and not company. Much smaller vision. You will managing very small number of people and managing store operation at very small level.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Perth, ON11 July 2018
Fun place to work, great incentives, the discount is great. I wish there was more hours to provide better customer service and have the time to get daily jobs completed
Decent starting place for new hires, or part time
Cashier / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
Probably not ever going to obtain a full time position here, but it is a generally good working environment, minimum wage, uniform provided. Staff are all very nice, and are respectful and considerate of all ages and cultures, and this is built into the employment credo and manual.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me has been serving customers at cash and when merchandising (I am usually customer service, cashier); I enjoy people, engaging them, making them laugh, serving them. If you don't really like people or are not a chatty sort, merchandising is probably better for you than customer service.
Pros
United Nations of work places, respectful, considerate
Cons
Minimum wage and slow working up to any increases

Want to know more about Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix?

Ask a question
Friendly and genuine culture
Manager, Pharmacy Optimization (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
Colleagues are good people to work with. Friendly and relatively conservative company. Leader in retail pharmacy with lots of resources backing up projects.
friendly and productive
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2018
I liked working there since I got excellent experience. I was required to help customers purchase the right products. the managers all well understanding people in rash hours and helping the staffs.
Pros
Flexibility of hours
Cons
slow locations
Ok experience
COSMETICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 July 2018
it was an ok experience, worked with good people. More benefits needed for employees. Management was decent, customers were good. More support for retail theft needed.
Great for Students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 July 2018
Anything retail can be of great help especially when someone is a full-time student. Management was great, very flexible with the hours. Co-workers were always helpful and made sure I didn't have too high of a work load.
Good job secuirity
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2018
Their "Blue culture" focuses on customer service and CORE purpose and values.

C- Care by improving the health and well-being of all Canadians.
O- Ownership by approaching everyday with personal accountability and committment.
R- Respect by acting with integrity, respect and openness everyday.
E- Excellence by leading together through innovation and superior performance.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Long standing
I dont have any opinion
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 July 2018
- Very casual culture
- Friendly atmosphere
- Business was not sure of what they want
- Workplacce was really far from my home
- Good management with helping nature
Shopper's Drug Mart on Michigan Rd, Sarnia, ON is a wonderful environment to work
Cashier/Merchandiser/Driver (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 July 2018
I really enjoy working with my customers and coworkers. It is a pleasant environment and I like that I have a personal connection with many of our customers.
I do believe that the manager does try to please most employees with scheduling; however, I would prefer not to work so many evenings and have a more set schedule.
The hardest part of the job is working the afternoon shift and missing time with my family.
Pros
20% discount for employees
Cons
Afternoon shifts
Awesome programs and amazing company message
Supervisor/Post Clerk/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 July 2018
I've always gravitated towards work that involves directly interacting with people/customers. My job at Shoppers, it allowed me to fulfil that wish, while also guiding me to understanding my role within the company.
Thanks to my dealings with Management within the location I worked at, along with the many regular customers, I can say with confidence that it was a memorable experience.
The types of people that I was able to speak with on a regular basis were all interesting and loyal to the company/location I worked at. In the beginning, because there was already well established relationships between existing employees and customers who would come in daily - There was definitely a transition period, where decades long customers would consistently refer to me as new, for many months afterwards.
I made it my mission to recognize and remember the regular customers, so that I would be able to continue with the type of service they were accustomed to. When I put in the effort, it made a big difference, and I was able to be more efficient in my work.
Pros
Contests & Pizza Parties
Cons
Lack of advancement
positive work environment
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 July 2018
often nice bosses, free gifts for working harder and having more sales. Commission was positive and created good environment for customer service and positive helping.
Wonderful place to work.
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2018
Worked there many years ago, and it was a wonderful place to work. There was a lot of chances for advancement within the company. I enjoyed the work atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K