Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working experience with other cultures
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2017
It is a very productive and challenging environment because the store is always busy. My co-workers are very friendly to the customers and we do give what they want.
Pros
Free lunch
Not nice work place
customer service, stocking, cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB12 December 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart does not have a good working environment. I was physically in pain while on the job because of the floor mat at the tills and the pay is not reliable.
Pros
Learned money management and how to use a till.
Cons
Not a good work experience
Energetic and determined worker
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quebec12 December 2017
Quiet also polite and respectful .
Always focused on my tasks until they’re completed.
Very humble and determined to work .
Raised in a disciplinary household.
Full of fun and enjoyable place to work with.
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 December 2017
Working with a great team is the best experience, every single day at work. Dealing with customers from other cultures provides a great opportunity to learn from others and grow in our humanity.
Good customer service experience
Cashier, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 December 2017
This Merchandising role was not particularly enjoyable, but it equips you with the skills for how to deal with customers/clients in future endeavors..
Customer Service
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2017
Good job for learning the stock first in first out and cash process, as well as customer service.
Very set hours for every shift, for full/part-time staff.
Cons
Long hours overnights.
WORST Location and workers Imaginable!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 December 2017
I was threatened at work by a supervisor, treated unfairly and disrespectfully by my manager ,attacked ,threatened and mentally abused for my beliefs by a drunk stranger because their was no security....and let go without a reason for being in the hospital over night due to cervical cancer complications.....terrible place to have your own opinion or beliefs without even pushing them on anyone else . i do not agree with being treated differently than others and i do not agree with bigotry or disrespect, i am human i bleed red and breath air just like everyone else , i treat everyone else with the same respect i would want in return .
Pros
Discount
Cons
workplace harassment, no security in unsafe area at night, mistreatment and wrongful termination
Family-like atmosphere
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON8 December 2017
I very much enjoyed working in this establishment. I felt welcomed as their "work family" since the day I started. I got to know the regular customers very well and that was a bonus to my every day. The only reason I chose to leave after two years was that I went back to school. They were very accommodating to my school schedule. However, I was offered a job within my future career as a disability support worker and sadly had to leave.
Cosmetic Merchandiser, Front end store Merchandiser/Cashier, OLG
Cosmetic Merchandiser, Front Store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2017
Stocked shelves, put up displays for Cosmetic Department, Cash and and shipping and receiving, facing shelves, food department pricing etc. Interacting with customers, helping and directing them lots of customer service.
Pros
Working in different areas of store
Cons
Little Manager support or encouragement
Enjoyable workplace
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 December 2017
Serving customers daily and meeting the need and expectations of management. working as a cashier and merchandise while all proving a smile while out on the floor with customers.
good team
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 December 2017
Over the years, I developed in my chosen career path, learned a lot and benefited from my team members. I will keep them in mind, as they are the best part of my former workplace.
24 hour operation. Productivity extremely important.
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 December 2017
Enjoyed the work Loved the staff and was treated well by the management. Learned to work with the cash machines and do merchandising. Rarely free time
Pros
Enjoyed the work and staff
Cons
Could not adjust to the backshift hours.
easy
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, ON6 December 2017
Nice people. clean store and nice locations. Often easy to get hired and easy to relocate. A great first job for teenagers as they are flexable and kind.
Great place to work nocomplaints
Cashier/Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lawrence and McCowan6 December 2017
I was young when I started working here and learned a lot about the business. I believe I was only here for less than two years when they asked me if I wanted to Supervise. I enjoyed it but wanted to experience something new. I went into merchandising and receiving and learned a great deal more!
Pros
Paid breaks, great christmas parties
Cons
Working till midnight until they changed the close time until 10, not feasible and shady characters
Easy going workplace.
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2017
It was an easy going and laid back part time job. Enjoyed my time working there. Everyone was friendly there. The only con is that they gave me long hours.
Pros
Friendly Environment
prductif et agéable
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2017
Apprend à faire plusieurs chose en même temps et à savoir l'utilité de certains produits.
Pros
rabais
Cons
courte pauses
awful
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC5 December 2017
The Duncan Shoppers manager is very disrespectful. She talks down to you and constantly gives you attitude. Not a good place to work. She is the first to blame those under her when things go wrong. I have never worked for such a disrespectful person.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bullying
Nor personable
Cashier/OSD Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON5 December 2017
The management at this store is what drives the good employees away. I loved this job and management wasn't liking the idea of someone moving up as quickly as i was.
Pros
Boss was great
Cons
Management sucked
Good place to work, good co-workers
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 December 2017
The hours were consistant and management had an open-door policy on questions and concerns. Salary was fair if on the low side. They offered skill advancing classes but there is not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 December 2017
As a cashier, I dealt with lots of customers. I tend to organize and count my till as well as keep track of my lottery. I have also been trained in merchandising, which helps me understand where each product is, and learning to stock. Customers service would be my number one skill in this workplace. I highly enjoy the people I worked with and am excited to improve and enhance my previous position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.