Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Canada4,511 reviews
Found 4,511 reviews matching the search
I enjoyed working with this company meet a lot of great people,learnt a lot of things pertaining to the job and if I didn't know something they where right there to help
Terrible place to work. Way too much responsibility for $14 per hour. Went out on my last day of work with 62 deliveries. You cover all 4 corners of London. They must think I'm driving a rocket. Expectations are way too high. Since the Covid-19 outbreak people are also ordering groceries. You

kind if have to scheduke deliveries because if thus. Was fired the folliwing dsy because i ojly got 39 of the 62 dobe. In the meantime tgey expect you to cone back and run to the east end if Lindon and still geymt everthing done. Goid riddance. You are very disirganuzed.
Solid place to work. The staff have each others backs and will bend over backwards to help each other. Associate is pretty hands off, not in a good way but the front store manager and store administrator make up for it. I’ve been with the company for 7 years now and the only downfall is that the pay doesn’t reflect the work being done. Strongly recommend for High School students!
Pros
Great Staff, Staff Discount, Not Stressful
Cons
Poor Pay
33 years ago my part time cosmetic job paved the way for what has become a lifelong career that I love. I became a cosmetic manager almost 30 years ago.
Best advice?If you don't like your job- leave your job! If you can't afford to leave your job - learn to like your job! This is my passion & I love my team! Amazing copportunity
Pros
My associate owner! Key!!!
I worked at the Head Office in North York and so my review is specific to that location. Central office culture has been going downhill especially since people from finance started joining the pharmacy division.

- Lack of fairness and consistency

- Personally I do not think that Shoppers Drug Mart is an equal opportunity employer and a lot of the individuals in management are just ignorant when it comes to working with individuals from a diverse background

- Blue culture only exists among top level executives (SVP level and above)

- Advancement opportunities are no longer based on merit but nepotism and favoritism
Pros
30% Employee Discount
Cons
Bad bosses are the worst part
Great place e to work
Management was great as well

Good pay and lots of great benefits

It was really great playing e to work. Learned lots working there
Shoppers is a great employer for those who are looking to make some money as they start to work towards their career. There is a large established network for taking care of employees and the system works well to make sure employees needs are met.

This being said, your experience working for Shoppers Drug Mart will vary widely depending on which store you work at. Each owner has a lot of freedom to run their store as they see fit, and as such the quality of management is only as good as the owner is dedicated to it.
Pros
Very Friendly Coworkers, Easy tasks
Cons
No Bike Storage for Employees
I worked in the beauty department for 8 months and to say favouritism was at play was an understatement. If you weren’t liked as well as some of the other girls or stood out for whatever reason such as myself, then you immediately experience stricter rules, constant backlash and little to no praise or benefits for your work no matter what you’ve done. Management expects leagues above what a part time job should outline for its workers and provides no sympathy of those expectations are not met
Filled with nepotism. Everyone is related. There is no opportunity to move up in the company because they give the promotions to their blood relatives.
Pros
Cons
The boss will always stress you out.
Things have changed and not for the best since loblaws took over.Not enough staff and so much to do,there are not enough hours in the day but it's still expected.managers are always on you about every thing.
Pros
Wage and benefits
Cons
Stress stress stress and too many expectations
J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler la. L'environnement est agréable.
Pros
rabais employés de 30%
Cons
salaire bas
The job it's self wasn't bad I more had issues with the people I worked with. They were very tight nit and it was difficult 2 be part of it. I would have liked a little more training.
Great place to work ,would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a job, as long as you do your best managers leave you alone. I found that no matter how well you did your job you didn't get a complement.
Pros
Working conditions are great
Cons
I found that you had to watch out for staff that would talk about you behind your back
It is a safe and inclusive workplace that allows me to engage among co-workers in a very respectful manner. It also allows me to develop myself professionally.
Pros
30% discount in all Shoppers merchandise (excluding prescription)
Cons
No lunch break especially when pharmacy gets busy
I worked at the Vaughan Mills location and its horrible.

Management expects you to do so much and still treat you so horribly. I had a change of management and it did not improve - more so got worse.

The managers and assistant managers talk down on you in such a condescending and rude manner. Yet when they are around the owner, suddenly their attitude changes - that just shows you how fake they are.

They like to tattletail and tell the owner every single little thing and act like a teacher's pet around them yet they have all the merchandisers doing all the work for them, while they are in the back room just on their phones and conversing with one another.

They is NO benefits whatsoever (I know, shocking, you'd think Shoppers would provide benefits for their employees). All we receive is a 30% off discount and management treating you like garbage.

They hardly accommodate for school and they LOVE to schedule you on days you're not available - and when you talk to them about it, they just shrug their shoulders.

Their mindset is either you do everything we say or you're REPLACEABLE. They will have NO problem firing you and hiring anyone to take their place.

I would not recommend applying to work here. Maybe in a different city other than Vaughan, as I heard better things for anywhere else in the GTA.
Pros
30% useful discount
Cons
Overall the atmosphere is relaxing and everyone is very considerate of their colleagues. You do not have to feel any form of insecurity working alongside such enthusiastic individuals.
I do not wish to fill out a review of any former employers. Please allow people to continue without this step. It is not necessary. Please remove. Please remove
I helped in merchandising, and cashier. Also supervisory duties and tasks as required. In charge of all closing duties. Responsible for balancing safe.
Pros
Free food
Cons
lazy kids
I worked at a location that is not very busy which made my experience very easy going in comparison to busier locations. I loved my team and did not have a problem with the management. Although, you are required to hit your daily target sales. This made it difficult for me as the flow of customers majority of the week can be very slow with little to no sales at all. Depending on your manager, this can be a really big issue and more times they will page you and discuss their concerns about the lack of sales you've been attaining. So in conclusion, make an effort to Up sell as frequently as you can especially on slower days and practice your salesperson skills you will need it!
Pros
Relaxed Environment, Easy Going
Cons
Can get lonely and boring, must put a lot of effort in hitting daily sale goals
Bad environmental no management at all really busy place always behind no one cares pharmacist are rude manager always on vacation or never there not a good environment to grow no training provided
As compared to other retailers management is well under paid for all the responsibilities we must take in the communication process between the owner and district managers are horrible being a new manager I struggled and needed help but received none very disappointed with how I was treated
Pros
Amazing staff in my three stores I worked
Cons
district management and some owners need better people skills
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K