Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly work environment with great staff!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 September 2018
The staff and management made me feel so welcomed when I first started working here and still are. They took the time to show me how to do things properly when I was unsure, even after training was over. Overall the employees make it feel like one big family!

They are very flexible with scheduling hours around school and finding ways of giving you more or less hours if desired.
Pros
flexible and friendly
Cons
shifts are always changing
my favorite place to work!
supervisor/ assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 September 2018
i love all the people i work with and all my regulars! you get to witness some pretty interesting stuff working at shoppers! my days are always fast in there and not a day i don't smile in there because the employees will always cheer you up! a workplace you can say is a family!
Productive and fun
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON18 September 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job at SDM are your co workers, they are very helpful and it is a positive environment. I've learned at lot about the many different aspects of customer service. The management team is helpful as much as possible. The hardest part of he job is the 9 hour shift and the 2 week shift rotation but it's not really that difficult. It is a contract position but there are opportunities for full time positions and to work from home.
Pros
free samples and lunches and different initiatives
good work place
Pharmacist (part time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2018
best pharmacy i ever worked at. owner is awesome. he is very helping in nature and lets you take the reign in your hands. co-workers are awesome . learned a lot
Good Work Culture
Pharmacy Cashier/Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON18 September 2018
Enjoyed the atmosphere of the pharmacy, Everyone was polite and friendly. there was room for improvement and growth. Would recommend this job to friends
Cosmetician, sales associate
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 September 2018
I really enjoyed working as a cosmetician at Shoppers Drug mart.

I was able to improve my organizational, people and service skills while working there.

My role included pricing, merchandising and assisting customers.

Helping the customers choose what product might work best for them was the highlight of the day.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
unprofesssional management
love the store
Kelowna and Calgary merchandising and cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2018
awesome team members..enjoyed every aspect of being a merchandiser . typical day at work.. doing what my job required and setting myself a goal each day to ensure the work got done
good
Pharmacy Assistant - Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2018
ood staff to work with as they are very competent, busy pharmacy so need to manage workflow, customers are pleasant and willing to accommodate to wait times.
Good experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 September 2018
I worked there briefly but I learned a lot about merchandising and helping customers. Learned how to follow planograms and organise merchandise by date.
Amazing Staff and Customers
Cashier/Merchandiser/Photo Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 September 2018
Amazing staff and customers. I love interacting with customers and helping them when they need a hand. Lots of room to grow. Made many great friends working here.

I've learned how to take passport pictures, put up new prices for the new sales every week, even learned some things about cosmetics.
good staff and customers
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 September 2018
good staff to work with as they are very competent, busy pharmacy so need to manage workflow, customers are pleasant and willing to accommodate to wait times
Small ware house work
Pharmacy Technician - Part time (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2018
Doing blister packs of medications for group homes
Salary: under paid
Very stiff management
Some racial differentiation
Chinese employer favor Chinese staff and give them high benefits
compared to other nationalities
Pros
Average benefit plan
Cons
underpaid after more than 10 years of service
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
Work as a cashier. Learn how to serve customer as fast as possible. Learn how to operate the cash tail. Workplace was friendly and well-balance. The hardest part of the job to carry heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part to help the customer.
Micro vs. Macro
friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC14 September 2018
The most important thing I learned about working as a pharmacy assistant for Shoppers Drug Mart was something I learned from a co-worker; to treat the customers as patients. That advice took my customer service skills to a whole new level that I enjoyed very much.
The workplace itself was usually great and well organized. Any discrepancies about that were usually because a fellow co-worker didn't like new procedures and refused to comply which made it difficult for the rest of the team.
Workplace culture clashed with head office expectations. HQ was always on about increasing margins and gave us targets to hit that were micro-managed, which, in my opinion, doesn't work well for the company on a macro level. I think a holistic approach to business works better in the long run.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
wage
not worth it
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 September 2018
when you work at this location you have to check what they put on your pay stab and check if they pay you correctly and not need to explain to them. they need to change their accountant.
Pros
get discounts
Cons
short hours
I enjoyed being a part of the Shoppers team
Cashier-Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 September 2018
I really felt that what I did mattered to the people around me. I liked the family atmosphere at Shoppers. Things changed, because the management changed. I left not because I was unhappy with my work, but because I wanted to be closer to my kids. I felt that Shoppers was a great experience for me.
Good working place
Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2018
The company has provided me multiple experiences within the retail store. Staff were friendly and helpful. Con would be the lack of recognition to employees.
pretty good place to work
Cashier / Photo Tech (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 September 2018
sometimes very boring but good job just to get hours. Good breaks, an organized place to work. discount was a great bonus. Great managers and fun co workers.
friendly staff
On - merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON11 September 2018
a typical work day would be stocking/facing the shelves and helping customers find what they need in the store. the management is funny and very friendly
Pros
very relaxed
Cons
customers can be rude
Productive and fun loving environnment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2018
the store has well managed environment with exciting challenges everyday and many opportunities to learn and ace. I loved my work responsibilities and enjoyed completing tasks with my team.. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving and meeting new faces everyday. It keeps me cheered up1

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

51K