Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill Employee Reviews

Canada220 reviews

fun co-workers bad management

made good money here but management was not good. Cook staff are super rude, they yell and make you feel bad. Really disorganized. All employees are super nice.

Zero Life

Absolutely horrible... They expect their management to work 60-80 hours a week yet in the interview they entice you with the thought of 38-44 hours per week. If you don't work the 60+ hours a week then you're not a team player and they'll fire you. The owners make things up about their employees and treat them horrible. Then at the end they will short the money they owe you.

Insights into Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Fun place to work but bad management

Management can be quite disorganized and always changing but the training was good and overall fun place to work, money was decent but tip out quite high for a sports bar.

Overall good restaurant to work at

When this restaurant first opened the management was the absolute best I’ve ever experienced working in the restaurant industry. The manager left and it became fairly chaotic and still is. The owner is great but not around often. The other staff make work fun and able to make good tips. Scheduling is good and flexible

Decent job, okay tips

Pros: nice staff, flexible work schedule, 50% off food, friendly people , decent tips Cons: understaffing left for lots on error, busy rushes…no expo was there

Terrible customers and very poor management

Extremely poor management, I would not recommend this place at all. Very high stress because the place is run down and not kept clean. The owners don’t care about the place at all. It’s embarrassing to work in such an establishment.

Pros

Tips are are good - industry standard

Cons

Extremely poor management. Dirty place to work, I would avoid this place at all costs. It’s not worth it unless your ok with the environment

Not great, keep looking elsewhere

Wasn’t fun, stressful, high expectations and minimal pay with no benefits. Wouldn’t recommend.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, barely any training

Fun workplace

Great place to work, when I started the store was very short staffed so often I worked long hours but the tips I made was what made it worth it in the end

Pros

50% off food, Flexible schedule

Cons

Sometimes extremely busy - 12 hr shifts

Disorganized management

Disorganized, negative atmosphere with an owner who cannot for the life of him take any change. His way or the highway. Doesn't schedule in advance, you can be working Saturday night and not know if you work Monday morning. He doesn't have the guts to properly cut employees, rather schedules people out without talking to them about it (recurring)

Pros

Not much

Cons

Mismanagement

Shady and unorganized company to work for.

I was hired recently at a SJ as a line cook. I had worked 3 shifts my first week there. In the second week, I received zero hours/shifts. Since I wasnt given a schedule, or any way to check the schedule, I've tried contacting the company multiple times regarding this with no response or information.

Pros

Cons

Unorganized, hard to get in contact.

please don’t work here.

they’re understaffed because they constantly treat their hostesses and servers with immense amount of disrespect. i’ve never had a manager make me cry and overall make me dread going to work. please don’t put yourself through this and find a job that respects you as a person, values your time and hard work…i’m happy i quit.

Pros

25% off

Cons

everything

Chain restaurant

I worked at two different franchises and had very different experiences. management was never great but some individuals were very good to me. Hardest part of my job was working long hours

Fun workplace and great employee's

Very fast pace kitchen can get really busy very quickly. Working with good employees made it a great place to work. The management was good to there employees and showed us as well

Pros

Good employees

Fun work place.

Shoeless Joe’s Saskatoon is a great, fun place to work! Great management. Staff is very much appreciated by management. Management is great with giving praise.

Pros

50% off food

Cons

No cons

Chaos at its greatest level that I have ever experienced in this industry.

Lack of proper training has caused a complete melt down on line. Management simply screams and berates those who have not been trained properly. Management on a whole is so unqualifies. Too handsy as well.

Pros

None at all. It is merely a pay cheque until something better comes along.

Cons

Total chaos. FOH and BOH.

Family Environment

Amazing teamCleanliness important Safety important Breaks when neededFeels like family environment Managers workLead by exampleAbility to move up

Pros

Team environment, everyone works together great envy

very choatic

management was all over the place, didn't feel like a team setting even though they stress how much of a "team player" you should be when hiring and training.

Pros

half off employee meals

Cons

management

Bad management

Management was extremely lazy and were always delegating their responsibilities to staff and making staff stay late because they didn't want to and management were always flustered when in a busy situation.

Pros

Closed at 12am

Cons

Bad management for front and back of house

Look elsewhere

When I took the position with SJ’s they made it seem like there was endless possibilities, growth, a community/team, consistency, direction/training, respect. None of that was true. Depending on your position with the restaurant and which location, I’m sure the experience can differ but as time went on I realized I wasn’t the first to have issues in my position. There was unrealistic expectations with what you’re supplied and compensation for hard work would often go past due. I will say, it seemed as though it was mostly head office that seemingly was a mess with constant lack of communication all the while leaving employees feeling uneasy and insignificant. If you’re looking for a serving job to make some cash then sure but management, absolutely do not recommend.

Cons

Unorganized, lack of training, communication, direction, unrealistic expectations, no consistency

Very toxic atmosphere

The owner is all over the place he say one thing and does another. No structure very dirty kitchen. Owner was very hot headed he would yell and swear when he got made and everyone including customers would here. He created a very toxic atmosphere

Pros

No pros

Cons

Watch your back

Could be fun at times

Management was all over the place. Some good, some not so good. The environment for female employees was not great. Uniforms were atrocious. Would like to not work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement