Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill Employee Reviews

Not great
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 September 2018
Worked at the ajax location as a part time student. Management was bad did now how to do proper payroll. Kitchen staff was great to work with.
I was let go because the employment agency I was hired from didn't want to subsidize them anymore, greedy managers. I will never work for them again. They didn't even have the decency to follow up with me and would not take my calls....
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managment
fun place to work
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 August 2018
Great place to work, very kind co-workers, very understanding manager. a typical day consists of; showing up, signing in, checking the job list to see what extra tasks you have for the day, and then starting on floor once you have got you section.
Ok
Fryer Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 August 2018
I only worked part time for a year and the whole experience was not favourable. I felt as though there was no reliability and the owners/management gave no credit when things were good and ripped into the staff when the slightest thing would go wrong.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Shoeless Joe's
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 July 2018
A daily day at work with Shoeless would be customer coming in ordering food while my coworkers an I would be preparing their meals or food before the cooking process (portioning, cutting etc). It was fun to learn an gain knowledge as I did with them through out the months, they are very welcoming an make you feel comfortable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The heat
Best job I have ever had.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 July 2018
Management are always there to help. Management treats everyone with respect and they themselves work along side the staff. The staff is amazing. A lot of the staff has been there since opening.
Pros
Great tips. Great management.
Cons
No cons. I love my job.
Not bad but management is lacking
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 July 2018
often not there to open the door for shifts, little to no training and expected to learn on the job, often hired too many employees because no one wanted to stay there.
Pros
it pays, there are some easy tasks
Cons
stressful, unappreciated
did not enjoy this job people did not treat me properly or respecfully
line cook (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 June 2018
it was unorganised and the management did not treat me well at all was very hard to work there also did not help me when I was having problems with task and I woud ask for help
It's a great place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 June 2018
I would say if you have nothing going on in your life, no kids, or hobbies or anything than it is definitely a great place to work. The staff is friendly and are extremely good people to work with for sure.
Pros
Fun staff, So many hours available
Cons
Consistently Understaffed.
A nice workplace and a good experince
Prep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2018
A typical work day is signing in set the kitchen and dining area up then start working on what the head chef would need to be done to do his job such as cutting and portioning food (meat, seafood, vegetables ). What I have learned is how to work in a quick and safe pas. The managers are really kind and helpful people. The culture is diverse in the work area. There is no hard part of the job. My most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the co-workers.
Pros
dealing with co-workers
Cons
Working with limited people
Unorganized and very negative work environment.
Expeditor/Entertainment Startup (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 May 2018
Dealing with management as an expo and more effectively the company DJ, I can thoroughly vouvh for the fact that thios work space lacks a great deal of professional integrity and organization. I was left out to dry multiple weekends as the DJ with insufficient notice that my services were not required for the weekend (often just hours before), and was expected to accept the fact that I was being extremely mistreated.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Toxic management team
Waitressing job
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 May 2018
flexible hours, fun coworkers, great customers, in a great location, only issue was management - the place was shut down eventually. Not that the management was incompetent or bad at there job.
Pros
Location, Customers
Cons
Shutdown
Fun and Comfortable Workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2018
Met lots of new friends that i have still have to this day. Served customers and was always pleasant and kind. Was always fun when i attended work. i learned many skills along the way.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Managment
restaurant work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 April 2018
typical day is starting the cooks off and having all cook offs done before 11 when the restraurant opens then prepping it all in portion sizes to make it easier for cooks to make the meal to go out to people in a short time i learned everything from making boiled eggs to sauces and calmari
Learned some useful skills
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 April 2018
very fast paced environment
sale oriented
cost efficient
to save on labour costs individuals were tasked with multiple job duties
did not receive staff meals
Pros
good hours
Cons
split taks per employee ex. Line cook/ prep on the same shift
Amazing restaurant with great workplace culture
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON17 March 2018
A typical day at work involves interacting with regular customers, taking food orders and speed walking back and forth from tables, kitchen, and the bar or just mixing an array of different drinks behind the bar. The hardest part of the job would be to trying to appease to the needs of every guest seeing as there are certain people who are very picky. The most enjoyable part of the job is mixing drinks and sometimes coming up with an entirely new creation.
Pros
delicious food
Cons
exhausting
Awesome work environment. Great people great atmosphere
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2018
I loved working here great tips great people great oppitunity
There was always a large crowd and good atmosphere
I work there anytime
Would definately recommend
Fun busy and enthusiastic team
Team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2018
Fun, busy and fast paced, so it keeps one attentive and alert, enough breaks. The culture and the work ethic of the team is inspiring and stimulates growth
Okay
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2018
this place is not the best. it used to be a lot more fun to work at with little to complain about, but that was before everyone left. now, there are no employees yet there are still no shifts available to part time workers.
Simple
Hostess (Former Employee) –  London13 February 2018
I worked as a hostess for about 3 months. The job was fairly easy and enjoyable. I was responsible for seating tables, as well as clearing them after the guests left. Everyone that worked there was friendly and easy to get along with.
Good work environment but lacked potential
Busboy/Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2018
it's a fun working environment
very team based place
its type of area you can listen to music at the same time your working as long as you do the duties that are required
like fore example prepping food for the line cooks or cleaning dishes bussing tables etc
Cons
Less hours