Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill Employee Reviews

It was very nice place to work at
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 May 2019
I loved the environment and the thing about working in a kitchen. The busy scenes always gave me an adrenaline rush and it was a lot of fun working there.
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2019
Its great if you enjoy fast pace work. A lot to do in little time, great team environment. hours can be late which made it difficult for the work life balance.
Host/Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 April 2019
Good support from the management. Good place to work and learning. Good environment and policies are good for customers.
This organization has good plans and policies and all are very easy to understand.
Efficient and intense environment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  276 King Street West5 April 2019
The fast pace environment of this restaurant gave me a lot of experience when dealing with customers, working well with other co-workers and staff of higher positions such as managers and boss. While working at Shoeless Joe's while this location was still open, it along with the staff, has also taught me to work well under pressure in a fast paced space as well as how to work efficiently while managing time well.
Pros
Discounts on purchase
Cons
Long hours on holidays
Fun Atmosphere
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 March 2019
I really enjoyed working for this establishment. I made some lifetime friends as well. As for management, they did not deal with violent colleges fast enough or at all.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
management not up to par
fun workplace and great people
HOH dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
greeted and seated customers cleaned tables bussed dishes to the dishwasher learned how to socialize with guests hardest part were 10 hour shifts greeting guests learned how to prep food and cook maake deserts and keep a clean workplace
Pros
free meal
Cons
very busy
good workplace
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2019
Fast paced kitchen where i learned alot and worked within a team to build line work skills in the kitchen. Great staff made for a really enjoyable environment.
Awesome place to work with wonderful owners
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 January 2019
This was one of my favorite jobs ever. Great tips and great staff made this one of my most memorable jobs. Would definitely go back if I still lived in the area
Pros
1/2 off food
fun workplace
Hostess/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON2 January 2019
locations always key and at this time in the part of Maple, Ontario the shoeless joe's was located in wasn't a good choice for the establishment at the time because everything went downhill very fast. Not enough business because the area was not fully developed yet.
Pros
free meal with every shift
Cons
not enough business
Great Place to Work!
Business Development Assistant (Franchising) (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON12 December 2018
Had the pleasure of working with a great team. Everyone was friendly and really understood the work life balance. I had great mentors and an opportunity to learn and use my current skills .
love working here
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 December 2018
great place to work. love working with the people at work and they are all friendly and that they work with you to help you learn new things and that its a great place to work at
Pros
great people
Fast paced work environment
Daily temperature and Food quality inspection (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Shoeless Joes is a good place to work part time.They provide you with decent hours and is a very friendly workplace environment. However, things can seem very hectic and unstable at times, as all restaurants can be from time to time.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
it an get real hectic at times
Typical Bar
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 October 2018
Female's are forced to dress skimpy to bring in clientele but have their health put at risk to maintain this label. Standing and walking while wearing high heels is painful for 3+ hours. I enjoyed being able to see all the different sport events going on around me but I did not enjoy having guys look up my dress while walking up the stairs to seat a family in the dining area.
Great
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2018
Place was great to work for, staff was friendly, management was good, hours and salary was good and I loved working everyday, just wanted to learn something new
Petty culture, management favours certain employees,
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2018
Many of the staff at Shoeless Joe's are petty and often form cliques and cause small dramas throughout the workplace. It is a negative place to try to be professional; management does nothing to handle disputes. Many of the managers "play favourites" and will typically defend the employee they're closer with regardless of the role said employee played in workplace drama. Several times during my employment the managers would leave to have lunch/dinner at a different restaurant leaving the staff unsupervised.
Pros
50% discount when working, -25% when not working.
Cons
Shift ranges from 2-15 hours, sometimes with a break, typically without. Negative work environment. Unprofessional uniform.
Volatile and unstructured workplace
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 September 2018
-Started as a dishwasher and worked up to supervisor.
-Extremely fast paced
-Sink or swim environment
-Awful management
-Extremely unsanitary
-I didn't feel right serving half the food to customers as it was either extremely overpriced or under-portioned.
Pros
Free meals
Not great
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 September 2018
Worked at the ajax location as a part time student. Management was bad did now how to do proper payroll. Kitchen staff was great to work with.
I was let go because the employment agency I was hired from didn't want to subsidize them anymore, greedy managers. I will never work for them again. They didn't even have the decency to follow up with me and would not take my calls....
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managment
Productive and great learning experience
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
Work place is either not busy or busy but my overall task is to prepare items such cheese, beets, bacon etc.

management is quite good but there are times when they have messed up my schedule or haven't taken in account of my availability

The hardest part of the job will be getting things as fast as they want it, On really busy days things should be done as fast as your ability but there are times when people dont show and you are left with 1 person.

Things I enjoyed about the job were some of the employees that worked there. They are very understandable and very respectful and nice.

This was my first job and I have learned a lot of things such as calling in sick, always let a manager know 1 week before that you are unable to work a few days, learning about the workplace and how to interact with people
fun place to work
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 August 2018
Great place to work, very kind co-workers, very understanding manager. a typical day consists of; showing up, signing in, checking the job list to see what extra tasks you have for the day, and then starting on floor once you have got you section.
Ok
Fryer Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 August 2018
I only worked part time for a year and the whole experience was not favourable. I felt as though there was no reliability and the owners/management gave no credit when things were good and ripped into the staff when the slightest thing would go wrong.
Pros
Good Co-workers