Shoe Warehouse Employee Reviews

Shoe warehouse experience
Store Manager Sterling Group (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 March 2019
Good retail store to work for. Had the opportunity to take challenges.
Really enjoyed training new staff. Merchandising` was something I really enjoyed.
Loved it!!!
Junior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 February 2019
I loved working here... The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, made me feel like I was in a home setting. I enjoyed for my co-workers, and some of the perks.
Nice place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2019
Lots of shoes to try and buy if you are a shoeholic. Heavy lifting is required as well as being comfortable climbing ladders. Some repetitive work and lots of cleaning up after customers.
Fine for a part time job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 January 2019
Worked at Shoe Warehouse while I was pregnant. They were accommodating for when I needed to take a break and sit for a few minutes. I was able to multitask with shipment processing and customer service.
Company that pretends to be for the people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ladner, BC29 August 2018
A company that has a high turnover. They are very cheap when i say cheap like really cheap. They dont reward good behaviors (maybe they do with their 5 or 10 bucks of giftcard) lol. They have no appreciation whatsoever. The shoes you are selling is like worst than an outlet( from 3 seasons ago at the very least)
Pros
5 dollar giftcard
Cons
Cheap wages
Great Job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 July 2018
Shoe Warehouse was my favourite job by far. The girls that I worked with instantly made me feel like I was at home, that I belonged to their team. It was a place where you could express yourself through your shoes and wardrobe. Shoe Warehouse will always hold a special place in my heart.
Pros
Awesome coworkers and management
Cons
Dealing with children
outdoor work
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 July 2018
the typical day at work would be me and the other sign holders meet up and stand by the road with a 6 foot sign and hope it doesn't rain hardcore while standing out there.
Pros
free hot chocolate
Cons
long hours and weather sucks
Productive Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
Love working there. Everyone is so friendly and gave me the hours I wanted. Was being pushed to make sales but was able to succeed most times. Broke me out of my shell when came to talking to people.
great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2018
amazing for a first time job and not a lot of unessary pressure to sell they teach you well enough for you to do it yourself and get better management has always been a pleasure
Pros
great team
Cons
standing long hours
It was a fun work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2018
It was a lot of fun because the staff and repiet customers made it a very friendly environment
It was also nice to see all the latest fashions coming out
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Cleaning up after the animals.
Very productive place to work at!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2017
Usually as a Sales Associate i watch out for customes on the floor, ask if they need any help finding their type of shoe and then i help around with the store by putting away boxes and shoes into the right places
n/a
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2017
The company is a great place to start for a first job if you're set in the right location. You're given an efficient amount of training. The hours are not there to keep all of the staff happy or to stay with the company. Really good shopping and working environment.
Pros
Staff are phenomenal to work with, great place to build relationships with both the staff and the customers, Great place to start off and get service training or build your way up in the company
Cons
not enough hours to keep staff happy, poor management; too much drama, time fraud
Mistreated Staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 August 2017
Overworked and underpaid staff. My 17 year old coworker was given manager duties and still being paid minimum wage. When there had been some safety issues regarding a stalker the manager told my coworker and I that we were being "silly girls".
good company with great discounts
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
great place to work with good discounts and easy going people. management was really for the employees. Everyone was treated fairly and with respect. great place for discounts
I am a hard worker, that strives for a fun,but serious work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 July 2017
My typical day at work often went along the lines of selling shoes, or helping customers out with anything they needed. The job taught me how to stock items properly, read online orders, associate with people and learn vital experiences to aid me with life or my next job. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sales and seeing people happy that thy got the shoes for them. I also enjoyed getting complimented for my service. Though the most difficult part of the job was the sudden rush of people around the last hour or two of work.
Pros
Money for college, suitable workplace.
Cons
Short hours, not enough funds/work time.
Great coworkers but not enough extrinsic rewards
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2017
I enjoy interacting with my coworkers and look forward to seeing them, but the company does not pay enough for everything us employees do and there are minimal extrinsic rewards.
Cons
short hours
good part time jon
RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
shoe ware house is a good part time job just as any job in the mall is, aside from the problem i had with management when it came to a vacation that i had already booked before she came it was a good place to be
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2017
I had gotten the job in june 2016 and only planned on keeping it for the summer to make a little extra money, i stayed until september 2016. i loved this job, the people i worked with were fun and had great laughs
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2017
ya pretty good place to worl all the people ate very nice very peaceful enviroment would def reccomend to anyone looking for a job in tje shoe indiustry
Depends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB22 April 2017
The employee recognition is not quite the best, and there is much to be improved over management style and the negative culture within the workplace. Otherwise, it's a relatively lenient and relaxed retail experience.