Shoe Warehouse Employee Reviews

Great Job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 July 2018
Shoe Warehouse was my favourite job by far. The girls that I worked with instantly made me feel like I was at home, that I belonged to their team. It was a place where you could express yourself through your shoes and wardrobe. Shoe Warehouse will always hold a special place in my heart.
Pros
Awesome coworkers and management
Cons
Dealing with children
Productive Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
Love working there. Everyone is so friendly and gave me the hours I wanted. Was being pushed to make sales but was able to succeed most times. Broke me out of my shell when came to talking to people.
great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2018
amazing for a first time job and not a lot of unessary pressure to sell they teach you well enough for you to do it yourself and get better management has always been a pleasure
Pros
great team
Cons
standing long hours
It was a fun work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2018
It was a lot of fun because the staff and repiet customers made it a very friendly environment
It was also nice to see all the latest fashions coming out
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Cleaning up after the animals.
Very productive place to work at!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2017
Usually as a Sales Associate i watch out for customes on the floor, ask if they need any help finding their type of shoe and then i help around with the store by putting away boxes and shoes into the right places
n/a
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2017
The company is a great place to start for a first job if you're set in the right location. You're given an efficient amount of training. The hours are not there to keep all of the staff happy or to stay with the company. Really good shopping and working environment.
Pros
Staff are phenomenal to work with, great place to build relationships with both the staff and the customers, Great place to start off and get service training or build your way up in the company
Cons
not enough hours to keep staff happy, poor management; too much drama, time fraud
Mistreated Staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 August 2017
Overworked and underpaid staff. My 17 year old coworker was given manager duties and still being paid minimum wage. When there had been some safety issues regarding a stalker the manager told my coworker and I that we were being "silly girls".
good company with great discounts
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
great place to work with good discounts and easy going people. management was really for the employees. Everyone was treated fairly and with respect. great place for discounts
I am a hard worker, that strives for a fun,but serious work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 July 2017
My typical day at work often went along the lines of selling shoes, or helping customers out with anything they needed. The job taught me how to stock items properly, read online orders, associate with people and learn vital experiences to aid me with life or my next job. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sales and seeing people happy that thy got the shoes for them. I also enjoyed getting complimented for my service. Though the most difficult part of the job was the sudden rush of people around the last hour or two of work.
Pros
Money for college, suitable workplace.
Cons
Short hours, not enough funds/work time.
Great coworkers but not enough extrinsic rewards
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2017
I enjoy interacting with my coworkers and look forward to seeing them, but the company does not pay enough for everything us employees do and there are minimal extrinsic rewards.
Cons
short hours
good part time jon
RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
shoe ware house is a good part time job just as any job in the mall is, aside from the problem i had with management when it came to a vacation that i had already booked before she came it was a good place to be
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2017
I had gotten the job in june 2016 and only planned on keeping it for the summer to make a little extra money, i stayed until september 2016. i loved this job, the people i worked with were fun and had great laughs
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2017
ya pretty good place to worl all the people ate very nice very peaceful enviroment would def reccomend to anyone looking for a job in tje shoe indiustry
Depends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB22 April 2017
The employee recognition is not quite the best, and there is much to be improved over management style and the negative culture within the workplace. Otherwise, it's a relatively lenient and relaxed retail experience.
Amazing staff and amazing managers
Excellent customer service (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC7 April 2017
A typical day at work is helping customers and ringing them through the till.
What I learned is that when you get out of your comfort zone you actually start to open up, I was very shy before having this job but now I'm a social butterfly.
The management at The Shoe Warehouse is AMAZING they're so nice and if you do something they correct you in a very polite way instead of saying do it, they say why don't you try and say/do it like this.
The hardest part about the job.... there isn't one really.
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming into work and feeling greeted by everyone i work with because we all act as a giant family, no one dislikes each other in my work place we all get along with each other quite well
Pros
being treated as an equal
Cons
not very many shifts during the week
Customers are fun to help out
Service associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2017
I really enjoyed working for Shoe Warehouse. A typical day would be walking in, opening the till, making sure the store was clean and tidy for customers to start shopping. The management was not the greatest which then lead me to resign. The hardest part of the job was being alone for the morning and having 20 customers in the store, which lead to constantly being stolen from because I couldn't possibly watch all customers. The staff I worked with was great, I just wish they managed it better.
Good workplace atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
The typical day at my workplace includes meeting the required set goals while working harmoniously with team-members to generate positive results. Greetings customers, making sure I give them above and beyond service so that they come again and again to buy one of the finest collections of shoes that we have.

The management team works hard and makes sure associates learn the very best of customer service and evolve more professional day by day. The workplace culture is easy-going and relaxed yet professional to the very extent.

For me, the hardest part of the job is to reach the place as it is a bit far off from where I stay and not having a vehicle makes things a tad bit difficult sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is measuring kids feet and seeing them happy when they finally find a pair of shoes or boots for themselves is priceless !
better jobs out there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2017
Didn't enjoy working here. My hard work was never noticed and I got in trouble for things that weren't apart of my job description or things I had no control over. Very gossip filled environment.
Pros
Can get next to free shoes
Cons
work your butt off and they only notice the stuff that didn't get done
overwhelming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 December 2016
A typical day is organizing shoes on the shelf. I learned more about shoes and their different purposes. Management was okay, they didn't cater to any of our needs. The staff was good to work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to understand all the customers needs and find a suitable shoe that they actually like. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with everyone.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
people dont always find what they want
productive, and fun place to work at.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 October 2016
The company is amazing, and they really care about ensuring that the employees are trained well, so that they will be able to provide a customer with whatever information is needed. there is a lot of opportunity to transfer to other stores and other companies that belong to the same banner as the Shoe Warehouse, so there is a lot of security in the job.
It is a challenging environment for a part timer because a lot of product knowledge is required, regardless of how often you are there, and you are required to complete training on your own time before first second and third shifts.
Management is pretty easy going, and the Shoe warehouse is a relaxed environment, however, the Shoe Warehouse is the least recognized company part of the Town Shoes banner, so a lot of attention went to the bigger companies before it's focused on the Shoe Warehouse.
If you're into fashion and new trends, especially in shoes, the Shoe Warehouse is a great place to work, because you're constantly being introduced to what's new in the fashion industry, and receiving education on brands and products.
Pros
good discounts on all stores apart of town shoes banner, employee appreciation, customer feedback
Cons
sometimes slightly unproffesional, not always able to accomidate the time off you need