Shield Security Group Employee Review

View all Shield Security Group reviews

Overall Good Experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
I have been with this company for a year and would have to say it has been overall a pleasant experience compared to other companies out there.

Management seems to care about staff and has brought me food and coffee when I did not have anything to eat.

I have a steady and consistent work schedule, and my peers and supervisors are good people and easy to get along with.

Pay is always on time which I appreciate.

The reason why I am staying with this company is because of the people (guards) I work with and the supervisor, and management are really good and caring people who dont have power trips or an ego.

They also provide free training certification seminars for the staff like self defence and hostility de-escalation which I found interesting.
Pros
Free training Seminars, Free Uniforms, and Paid Breaks
Cons
Long Hours. Difficult Residents

Other Shield Security Group Employee Reviews

Great experience, Great opportunity . Great company to work for
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2019
Great job, Great opportunity!

This company definitely doesn't discriminate, apply and see.

They give you plenty of room to grow and develop.

Just be honest, and always try to improve yourself.
Pros
paid lunches, free uniforms
Cons
some co-workers don't demonstrate professionalism
Unreliable regioal managers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2019
the regional managers at Shield Security are more talk than action and often likes to sweet talk, kiss up or make empty promises. They claimed to be checking up in our building on occasion in the middle of the night, which was hard to believe as their head office is located in Richmond Hill and their apparent visits did little to nothing. By the time they decide to respond to our request and assist us, our problems would become so widespread that even dispatch wasn't able to do anything, which in turn they gave up on my building and offered the client a notice-free contract cancellation as a sign of goodwill, but that didn't help for the damaged and embarrassment they caused as the board, the property managers and residents were way to frustrated and annoyed by their unprofessional service for so long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shield Security Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Shield Security Group Reviews by Location