Shield Security Group logo
Shield Security Group

Shield Security Group Employee Reviews

Great company

Got hired 5 months back. The management was so co-operative. The inclusion appeared smooth but was not that smooth. The officer who has to train was not informed about me. It happened to other trainees too. They provided me with a fixed schedule which is a blessing in these times. Never experienced any trouble with payroll. They listen to your concerns and help. Although there was a time when no acknowledgment of any work was given but they worked on it. The site that I was offered was also great.

Pros

Paid Break, Free uniforms

Cons

Irresponsive management at times

Excellent communication platform between guards and Human Resources. Well organized system of responding to emergencies.

Being a Supervisor for Shield Security Group provided an opportunity to grow in the Security Industry and always had the support of Shield Managers when required. Shield's first priority is the well being and safety of employees at all locations. Dispatch responds to incidents 24 hours a day and 7 days a week by sending required personnel.

Pros

Paid breaks, Paid training, Paid sick days, Unpaid Uniforms

Great Company.

Working with Shield Security Group has been the best experience, dispatch always returns to emails and calls, always do their best to help find coverage when time off is needed. Didn't have to paid for uniform. Co-workers regard each other as “family” who “have each other’s back.”

Pros

Paid Breaks

Okay

So far so good. I left a much bigger company to join them and was not too sure what to expect. Just joined Shield and so far I am impressed with my colleagues and the supervisor. Pay is not minimum wage but still low if you are living in Toronto. 15 bucks an hour doesn’t get much if your living in the big city. I did like the fact that I didn’t have to pay for the uniforms they gave me.

Pros

Paid breaks. Don’t charge for uniforms. Not minimum wage

Cons

Not sure at this time

Garb

Worst company in the security industry. Held my pay for months almost had to get a lawyer until they paid me and when they did it wasn’t even the correct amount. Every company is better than this one.

11 June 2020
Hello sir. I am sorry that you are upset at the situation having been so long ago. The issue as stated before to you was that your final cheque was mailed to your last known address provided to us. You did not advise us of any situation until sometime later and it was understandably so that you were upset; however, you did not provided us with an updated mailing address that resulted in you not getting your final cheque in time. We disclosed payroll records to you to show you that payment was processed by our payroll department in a timely manner and mailed to your last known address.When evidence was produced to you, you apologized for not provide us with your current mailing address when you knew your final payment will be mailed to you. A certified cheque was processed and mailed to you using Canada Post registered mail almost immediately with a tracking number provided which was paid for at our own expense. Although you were asked to resign from our company due to serious and ongoing work concerns, we still offered you a positive character reference for any of your future employers in order for you to move forward with your work life. As the situation was resolved in a timely manner once we were notified of the problem, and we offered you a character reference, I am shocked to see that you posted this negative review on us. Should you wish to have an "in-person" and constructive conversation with us in the near future,I am open to it. In the meantime, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Respectful and Productive

One of the best companies to work for, professional and fruitful in every aspect. Managers are always willing to go an extra mile to assist employees to best of their abilities. The company is reliable and always try to work out things to fit everyone's needs. The whole leadership team is supportive and friendly.

Great company.

Management is great. Friendly staff. A great place to work. A typical work day consists mostly of customer service. Management takes care of their employees.

Great experience

This is a good and friendly company to join. Lots of work hours and room to grow and treated with respect! If you are seeking a positive experience consider this company.

Worst company!! Do not work here

this is the worst company. They don’t respect your time. People working in this company are snitches. There is no respect of employees. Bad environment. Bad communication system. Management always confused.

9 March 2020
Hello and sorry to hear your frustration. As for not respecting your time, our team enjoys a very stable and predictable work schedule and when thier are open shifts, we send them an email giving them a choice if they want to work it or not as we don't want them to feel pressured into saying yes. We don't refer to our supervisors or fellow teammates as snitches. If you are doing something wrong that threatens everyone's jobs, or something offensive in the working enviroment, then it needs to be addressed and everyone needs to be held accountable for his or her actions. That said and done, depending on what the work violation is, we always pull you aside and talk to you in private about why there are concerns and why the rest of the team is frustrated with your actions. We also take the time to understand why you did what you did and offer constructive advice afterward. If for any reason you should still feel that we have no respect for employees and the work environment is bad, I encourage you to speak with your fellow teammates who may have a difference in opinion, as well as to arrange for a meeting with us so that you can provide us with constructive feedback.

Unreliable company

No benefits, terrible pay compared to other companies. You always have to rely on dispatch and have no general or direct contact to management which is very odd to me. Some of the people from their own sites(property management) complain about how trash this company is. Worse company ever. DO NOT WORK HERE! I thought let me get some experience with them. But all they do is promise stuff and try to push it aside when it’s time to stand on their words.

9 March 2020
Hello, and I am sorry your work experience was not a positive one with us. Regarding no direct contact with management, we do respond accordingly but if the situation is not urgent and can wait the next day or next business day, we do always respond by phone or email. Yes, property management does complain about some of the staff from time to time as it is difficult at times to find someone suitable for a specific work location. Think of it as matchmaking trying to find staff who is compatible working with property management and the residents they serve. Every building is different and unique in its own way in terms of how they want things done and how they want us to perform. That said, our teammates have his or her own unique set of skills to bring in to the team and thus, we try to pair them in a working environment whereas they would flourish. We always try to work out a resolution to help the teammate improve or in the worst-case scenario, find them alternative employment at another location where he or she can be successful. As for promising stuff and not living up to our word or promises, I can respectfully disagree with that. Most communications with the team are done through email which holds both sides accountable which prevents he said / she said scenario. If you feel that you have been wronged and that we made you a promise that we did not keep, let's talk about it and set a date and time whereas you can come into our office for discussion and if we are wrong, we will offer you our heartfelt apologies and offer a resolution to the matter. I look forward -

Jobs at Shield Security Group

See more jobs

Worst company in gta

They hired me for full time afternoon shift in a condo at square one after 1 month they just send me email not to come to work as their regular guard came from vacation i tried calling and email them to give me some other site but no use and they didn't give me last paycheck uptil 2 weeks Worst company they hire students with out work permit

Pros

Cons

No notice of termination

9 July 2019
Hello sir. I am truly sorry to learn of your frustration. Although we appreciate and value you, the work location can be fast pace at times and not every guard can handle the workload successfully. We did, however, offer you alternative work locations in which no response was given to us. We don't withhold people's pay intentionally and if you have not gotten it yet, please contact us so that we can address this in an expedited manner. In regards to hiring students without work permits, I respectfully advise you this is an incorrect statement. Respectfully, none of your colleagues whom you interact with are on work permits. If you are open to it, please contact us via email to arrange a date and time where we can meet in the office for a friendly discussion and to resolve any issues at hand. I can provide coffee and snacks! Let's move forward and resolve the situation at hand together.

Productive and co-operative

This is the best company I have ever worked in. I like working here and every person in this job is like a family member. I have been offered jobs at a better pay rate than this but I don't even plan to going on their interviews, because the way this company treats you is the best. This is more of a family than a company and I love working here,

Pros

Paid Lunch hour break, friendly, forgiving, gives schedule that works on both sides.

9 July 2019
Hi!Thank you for the feedback! Please feel free to contact us via email or phone. I would love the opportunity to thank you in person and discuss ways how we can better improve as a team.

Great experience, Great opportunity . Great company to work for

Great job, Great opportunity! This company definitely doesn't discriminate, apply and see. They give you plenty of room to grow and develop. Just be honest, and always try to improve yourself.

Pros

paid lunches, free uniforms

Cons

some co-workers don't demonstrate professionalism

11 July 2019
Hello, and thank you kindly for providing us with your input. Please feel free to make an appointment with us to come by the office to discuss how we can make our team and company better for everyone!

Unreliable regioal managers

the regional managers at Shield Security are more talk than action and often likes to sweet talk, kiss up or make empty promises. They claimed to be checking up in our building on occasion in the middle of the night, which was hard to believe as their head office is located in Richmond Hill and their apparent visits did little to nothing. By the time they decide to respond to our request and assist us, our problems would become so widespread that even dispatch wasn't able to do anything, which in turn they gave up on my building and offered the client a notice-free contract cancellation as a sign of goodwill, but that didn't help for the damaged and embarrassment they caused as the board, the property managers and residents were way to frustrated and annoyed by their unprofessional service for so long.

10 July 2019
Hello sir. You are not an employee and foram is for past and present employee reviews only. I am truly sorry that you are upset that we requested to cancel our services, but there were many issues at hand that you may or may not be aware of. Every employee was complaining about poor and/or degrading treatment at your building, and we felt we were not able to meet your building expectations. Should you wish to meet us in person for discussion and should you be open to hearing a different perspective, please let me know. I would welcome an in-person meeting with you.

Operates like a union but not a union

Very multicultural and diverse with friendly and supportive management that operates more like a buddy buddy environment rather than a dictatorship. One of the very rare and few non unionized companies offering sick pay, paid breaks and free uniform. Managers stand up for you and are great people. Does not discriminate against religion or the LGBTQ community.

Pros

Great company

Cons

Non

14 July 2019
Thank you for your comment!We take great pride in having a diversified team. All people of different faith, gender, religion, and sexual orientation are welcome to be a part of our growing team!Our team members are the ones who make our company great!Thank you for posting your comment, and please feel free to contact us via email or phone to discuss how we can make our company even better for everyone!

Not Bad

Well what to say..... always work available. They are very straight forward if you mess up but give suggestions on how to improve without being degrading or deamening towards you. From what I see they really want to work with you and help you grow. Problem that I see is managers work too hard if there is such a thing which is something I am not use to seeing and you will find them working at sites covering shifts for employee who are sick or no show. Other than that it’s not a bad company. Friendly and welcoming.

Pros

Still have paid sick days paid breaks and free uniforms

Cons

Some unreliable staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shield Security Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement