Shield Security Group Employee Reviews

Unreliable regioal managers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2019
the regional managers at Shield Security are more talk than action and often likes to sweet talk, kiss up or make empty promises. They claimed to be checking up in our building on occasion in the middle of the night, which was hard to believe as their head office is located in Richmond Hill and their apparent visits did little to nothing. By the time they decide to respond to our request and assist us, our problems would become so widespread that even dispatch wasn't able to do anything, which in turn they gave up on my building and offered the client a notice-free contract cancellation as a sign of goodwill, but that didn't help for the damaged and embarrassment they caused as the board, the property managers and residents were way to frustrated and annoyed by their unprofessional service for so long.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2019
Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2019
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2019
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
Operates like a union but not a union
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2019
Very multicultural and diverse with friendly and supportive management that operates more like a buddy buddy environment rather than a dictatorship.

One of the very rare and few non unionized companies offering sick pay, paid breaks and free uniform.

Managers stand up for you and are great people.

Does not discriminate against religion or the LGBTQ community.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Non
Not Bad
Security Guard Concierge (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2019
Well what to say..... always work available. They are very straight forward if you mess up but give suggestions on how to improve without being degrading or deamening towards you. From what I see they really want to work with you and help you grow.
Problem that I see is managers work too hard if there is such a thing which is something I am not use to seeing and you will find them working at sites covering shifts for employee who are sick or no show.
Other than that it’s not a bad company. Friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Still have paid sick days paid breaks and free uniforms
Cons
Some unreliable staff
Equal opportunity employer
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto and GTA6 December 2018
All I needed was s.I.N number. Did not discriminate against non-citizens. Supported me through immigration process. Multicultural and diverse. Lgbtq friendly. Always work available.
Pros
Life in canada
Cons
Great Company to work for!
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
Shield Security Group is a great company to learn and grow at.
My supervisor is great. Without any experience in the condominium security sector he taught me how to be a good concierges and a leader and within 6 months, I was promoted to supervisor with my own team and building.

Shield Security Group gave me an opportunity to be a supervisor where other companies did not give me this opportunity.

Thank you Shield Security Group for believing in me and this opportunity.

DK
Pros
Great people. Good working enviroment
Cons
Nothing.
Great Company!
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
Shield Security Group is a great company and a good place to learn and gain work experience.
My Supervisor in a Toronto Condominium worked with me and taught me how to be a good leader.
In 6 months of employment I am now a Supervisor myself in charge of my own building and my own team!

Shield Security Group gave me an opportunity to learn and grow where as other companies did not.

Thank you Shield for believing in me.

D.K
Pros
Growth Opportunity. Great working Enviroment
Respected. Work Experience growth
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 January 2018
Have worked roughly 1,780 hours with Shield Security Group.
Working here have made me understand and get a better feel in the field of security work. I also found myself gaining more respect towards my integrity while working here.

The experience I've gotten while working here is well worth the run as you grow a lot of respect for the integrity you give back to the clients working alongside with Shield Security Group. With that said, Shield Security Group has always been able to help with any issue I may have and allow a better understanding of any situation so that you would be able to resolve any/all problems with the utmost respect and knowledge of the safety to all clients.

I have also found that the people working in Shield Security Group treat each other as a "Team" or I should say a family as they have always been willing to talk and learn about yourself as an individual towards expanding your experience and knowledge in Security to achieve your dream career in law. Much respect is given working here.

In conclusion, working here has made me learn and understand the field of security work as well as push me forward towards my career goal in law enforcement, and I no doubt in my mind recommend Shield Security Group as an opportunity to expand your experience that will most definitely help in your future endeavors. Good Luck!

R.M
Pros
Experience Growth, Respect.
Cons
N/a
Overall Good Experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
I have been with this company for a year and would have to say it has been overall a pleasant experience compared to other companies out there.

Management seems to care about staff and has brought me food and coffee when I did not have anything to eat.

I have a steady and consistent work schedule, and my peers and supervisors are good people and easy to get along with.

Pay is always on time which I appreciate.

The reason why I am staying with this company is because of the people (guards) I work with and the supervisor, and management are really good and caring people who dont have power trips or an ego.

They also provide free training certification seminars for the staff like self defence and hostility de-escalation which I found interesting.
Pros
Free training Seminars, Free Uniforms, and Paid Breaks
Cons
Long Hours. Difficult Residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shield Security Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Shield Security Group Reviews by Location