Shield Security Group Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
Shield Security Group is a great company and a good place to learn and gain work experience.
My Supervisor in a Toronto Condominium worked with me and taught me how to be a good leader.
In 6 months of employment I am now a Supervisor myself in charge of my own building and my own team!

Shield Security Group gave me an opportunity to learn and grow where as other companies did not.

Thank you Shield for believing in me.

D.K
Pros
Growth Opportunity. Great working Enviroment
Respected. Work Experience growth
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 January 2018
Have worked roughly 1,780 hours with Shield Security Group.
Working here have made me understand and get a better feel in the field of security work. I also found myself gaining more respect towards my integrity while working here.

The experience I've gotten while working here is well worth the run as you grow a lot of respect for the integrity you give back to the clients working alongside with Shield Security Group. With that said, Shield Security Group has always been able to help with any issue I may have and allow a better understanding of any situation so that you would be able to resolve any/all problems with the utmost respect and knowledge of the safety to all clients.

I have also found that the people working in Shield Security Group treat each other as a "Team" or I should say a family as they have always been willing to talk and learn about yourself as an individual towards expanding your experience and knowledge in Security to achieve your dream career in law. Much respect is given working here.

In conclusion, working here has made me learn and understand the field of security work as well as push me forward towards my career goal in law enforcement, and I no doubt in my mind recommend Shield Security Group as an opportunity to expand your experience that will most definitely help in your future endeavors. Good Luck!

R.M
Pros
Experience Growth, Respect.
Cons
N/a
Overall Good Experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
I have been with this company for a year and would have to say it has been overall a pleasant experience compared to other companies out there.

Management seems to care about staff and has brought me food and coffee when I did not have anything to eat.

I have a steady and consistent work schedule, and my peers and supervisors are good people and easy to get along with.

Pay is always on time which I appreciate.

The reason why I am staying with this company is because of the people (guards) I work with and the supervisor, and management are really good and caring people who dont have power trips or an ego.

They also provide free training certification seminars for the staff like self defence and hostility de-escalation which I found interesting.
Pros
Free training Seminars, Free Uniforms, and Paid Breaks
Cons
Long Hours. Difficult Residents
Strict workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 March 2017
typical day at work would be to protect the site from all unwanted guests. Enforce the site rules. i learned to not give a **** about other peoples feelings while on the job. if guests want to knowingly break the rules of the site and park where ever they want, then you call the tow truck and get their car off the site. the hardest part about the job is actually giving a ****
Pros
none really
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shield Security Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8