Sherwood Buick GMC Employee Reviews

great work place
Pre-Owned Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 November 2018
great place to work, great staff and managment, everyone is really friendly and easy to get along with, great place to be if your just getting into sales or looking for a long term place to work, everyone from the dealer principal to lot guys are really nice and easy to get along with
Good pay but, Not the best work environment.
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB30 October 2018
I would compare it to a salt mine.
Forced to sell at inflated pricing.
Minimal training, no support, sink or swim.
Don't disagree with the sales or service department, they are right, parts is wrong.
Felt like every one was playing by ear.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Lack of guidence.
Shady environment, that does not promote customer satisfaction
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 October 2018
During sales meetings and conversations with management, this constant and recurring idea was to screw over the customer as much as possible. A lot of the staff adapted this mentality as well.
Review of a full time receptionist at Sherwood Buick GMC
Appointment Coordinator/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 February 2018
A typical day at work, I answer phone calls, any customers coming into the dealership. I'm constantly doing something, often I'm also getting quotes for customers whether it be parts or service.
Pros
Great work place, great staff
Cons
salary, hours
really awesome place with great people
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB15 January 2018
really awesome people work here however sales is definitely not a job for everyone you need to be very motivated and be able to work 12 hours a day for 6 days a week for a few years if this is the career you want
Pros
you controle your paycheck
Cons
to make money you need to work many hours and come in on most of your days off
looking for something new
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB19 September 2016
Worked there out of high school. Friends parents were part owners. Then sold to large corporation. management changed, people changed. work ethic changed. I now have my red seal certification and am looking for something new.
working at Sherwood Buick was amazing
office clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB6 June 2016
i loved working there, the job itself was an incredible job that taught me many things. Although some of the people weren't the most enjoyable the job was great.
Flexible, diverse, rewarding part-time job during university
Sherwood Park. Service technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park30 October 2014
Work included recommended and performing maintenance, warranty and general repairs on many types of vehicles. There was much to learn about the automotive trade including mechanical and electrical functions in cars, the use of various tools as well as troubleshooting and repair diagnosis.
The company is run by a conglomerate, and management generally follows the hands-off approach.
My coworkers included students, journeymen and apprentice mechanics, salesmen and administrative employees.

The most difficult part of the job is transitioning to a full-time role that suits my education, my experience and my career goals.

I very much enjoyed spending my days helping customers solve concerns, fixing problems and practicing one of my hobbies for a living.
Pros
Monthly employee events, flexibility, much to learn
Cons
Demanding work in difficult conditions, subpar benefits and few career opportunities
dead place for sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  sherwood park1 October 2014
mostly just want sales people to get their friends and family to buy. not much for walk ins and a ton of cold calls. too many sales staff as well.
Pros
saturday free pizza
Cons
way to slow, too many staff