Sherwin-Williams
Updates from Sherwin-Williams:

Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Canada165 reviews
I liked working there
My manager was an amazing person. Apart from him, other colleagues were helpful and cheerful too. There was no strict rules and you can enjoy your working time.
It was a fun place to work, with a young staff that shared many interests. Everyone was very helpful and trained me.
Fun place to work, learning new aspects of the job daily. A typical workday had the general routine of filling customer's paint orders based on their color selections. Stocking the shelves and general cleaning of the showcase area. Receiving stock and organizing it when it arrived in the store. The staff was fun and always made the shift go by fast. The customers were great.
Toxic
Management and a few class pets screw around behind the scenes joking and plotting as the regular folk do their job, making and filling paint. Their efforts aren't recognized or rewarded because management hides and only comes out if there is a problem or there is an upcoming tour. Then we do a 2 or 3 day superclean to make it look luke we dont do any work at all. Then the management pretends like we are a big Sherwin family to make it look good for the big wigs.

Do yourself a favour and dont even bother coming here unless you like being an unappreciated worker that has no job security.
Fun place to work, lots of challenges, great people
An overall great experience! The staff was helpful. Customer interaction was a fun challenge. Good contractor experiences, lots of opportunity for growth and training.
Il n'y a pas de poste temps plein
Lorsque que tu es un temps partiel il est impossible de devenir temps plein avec le temps. Il faut être assistant gérant pour faire 44h obligatoire ou être gérant mais c'est 50h minimum.
Système de formation uniquement en anglais
Pros
Diner payé et pas de pression font attention à la sécurité de l employé
Cons
Très peu d heure en saison hivernale, Demande aux employés de faire des transfert des galons avec ta voiture sans fournir d'assurances
belle entreprise
Bonne entreprise pour démarrer dans une entreprise
This was about as good as retail gets I guess.
As far as a retail position goes, I believe I can safely say that working at Sherwin Williams was probably the best retail experience that I have had. The job was straightforward, the pay was better than minimum wage, but even at the beginning when the hours were essentially full-time hours, the pay wouldn't be enough to pay for rent and bills, . Because you need to be 18+ to work there, they should consider either adding benefits for everyone because of the heavy lifting, improving the overall pay, or picking people who don't have to worry about paying Bill's and rent.
sherwin williams
a very young and upwardly mobile company. if you are young and well educated the sky is the limit.

As an older worker I find that I get passed over for opportunities.
An American company that does not value its employees
Without a degree you feel as though you're not a value.

The company offers no benefits or bonus to part time employees that may work up 40 hours week.

The pay is garage and if your a woman your paid less.
Love the atmosphere
This is one of the best jobs I've had.
The atmosphere is great, the rest of the staff is great and is always willing to lend a hand if extra help is needed.

Lots of heavy lifting but overall a very positive job experience.
Fun, Team environment
Sherwin-Williams gave me an opportunity to start a career. This staff are friendly, the learning process is extremely forgiving. The continuous Training, and support from mid level management is great.
However, their pay scale is not realistic in terms of the debt that a student receives coming out of school. They wait for you to hit goals before even considering an increase in base pay. This causes individuals to become unmotivated and look to switch professions.

Also, management will increase your job load by adding incremental time wasters, but then come back and say stop wasting time.
fun and hard working
painting was really fun. sanding down walls and cleaning up was really cool. i am very fit and this job was one of the best I've had. management was ok
If You’re Into Sales Work There
If you’re really competitive and sales driven, work here. Otherwise don’t bother. Upper management over emphasizes getting that big sale, but won’t support your effort to get there. Stores are constantly under staffed, putting too much pressure on you to get that big sale and manage all of your customers. When you do succeed, if you’re not a brown noser you don’t get recognized for your effortss.
Busy but demanding
Lost's to do that does not involve what you should be doing too much emphasis on calling and harassing people for business you become an active algorithm
Très bonne place
Jai aimer mon expérience jai appris plusieurs truc dans l'entretien de batiment
Decent job
Decent job, minimum wage for part time starting employees. The employees were very kind and welcoming. Management was okay definitely needs improvement. Clients and customers were fun to work with.
Better then a typical retail job
Sherwin helped teach a lot of good lessons. Team building, problem solving and customer service. Although for the pay they expected too much. Part timers are expected to know almost as much as the managers but with half the pay. Advancement within the company is readily available though and you can move up quite easily.
Manager is the best
Co workers are good, hours are good, I leave because the pay is little low but is a good company, if I could back with better pay I ll fo it. I don’t have to think 2 times
Easy but boring
The job itself is pretty straightforward but can be boring as it is repetitive. Tasks include mixing paint, cashing people out and putting away stock.
Great work environment and well compinsated
Self-managed on scheduling and workload management. Sherwin Williams thinks at a high level, top down view to business. They are setup with strong process internally and externally and consistently change with the market to stay competitive.
Company thrives on taking advantage on part time employees
Constant inventory problems
Poor Upper management

Low regard for customer service

Under staffed

No cooperation between stores resulting in poor customer experience
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K