Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

New expierence
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 May 2018
I worked here as one of my first jobs , had a greet team to work with and had a lot to learn about the company . This is a job I would recommend for someone who loves doing paint jobs
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great place to work if willing to sacrifice home life
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
Tons of room for advancement, however currently expanding too quickly causing poor work/life balance. As manager required to work +48 hours weekly, and have little say about location you are placed in. VERY difficult to move to a location closer to home, which increases the gap between work and home life.
Pros
over time is available, 40% discount, active job, great bonus payout including trips
Cons
long hours, upset customers, very little encouragement from upper management
Ok Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 May 2018
Good company to work for. Sometimes can be a bit hectic and not organized well but company is always eager to promote within the company and help people.
Good environment to work in with potential to grow
SALES ASSOCIATE (ASSISTANT MANAGER IN TRAINING) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2018
This job teaches a lot to an individual. Good cutomer interaction and customer service experience. Very diverse work place culture. It is easy to move your way up in the company. good connections and communications within the neighbouring stores
Good Benefits, doesn't make up for culture and animosity
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
The job pays fairly and the benefits and retirement package is good but you have to get past all the gossip and stabbing each other in the back at work.

Instead of taking ownership of mistakes and fixing them, the promoted culture is to through each other under the bus in a effort to divert and try to look better by comparison.

You don't need experience or education to be promoted, it is completely based on how much butt you kiss.

The expectation is that you put in your 8 hours and then go home and then spend another 2-3 hours at home doing paper work along with mandatory homework for Sunday. Get used to kissing your personal life good bye
Pros
Good stock options and benefits
Cons
Long hours, little recognition, back stabbing culture
Good Learning Opportunity for Development of Customer Service Skills and Sales Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2018
When working at Sherwin Williams, I have managed to learn a lot about dealing with customer needs, getting a feel for what customers want, as well as how to service them in a professional manner. During a regular days work I'd service about 10-20 customers which is quite enjoyable because it allows me to help people with their needs. I would make some lead generation calls, converse with fellow employees, and tint and mix paint. Overall, everyday was always very much enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was that because we were a small store of 4 staff members, there are times where there is only one of us working at a time, and we would get a rush of 4+ customers. It's then your responsibility to service all of them as quickly and as effectively as you can which can be quite difficult.
Pros
Great staff, Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Long shifts
enjoyable career
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto on9 March 2018
One of my most enjoyable careers. Learned and grew a lot in this position. Very thank full for the chance to work there. Travelling took its toll unfortunately and decided to leave.
Great Experience
Color Consultant / Decorative Product Specalist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2018
I worked for this company for little under a year. The company was great and I learned more then i imagined. Plenty of room to grow in this company and the management was excellent!
Hard working individuals are not rewarded
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2018
Upper management does not care about staff employed at retail locations no matter their position. Do not follow Alberta labour standards properly when compensation for employees is concerned. No opportunity for a raise no matter how much extra you are willing to do or how flexible you are for hours. Gave me more responsibilities without giving a raise...
very nice and comfortable work place
Sales Assistant(Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC28 December 2017
I enjoyed it here because it understood my schedule as a student as well as having another job. All my coworkers were very nice and understanding.The compensation was good as well.

Want to know more about Sherwin-Williams?

Ask a question
bon environnement
sale associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 November 2017
bon environnement de travail mais peu d'avancement dans les salaires et autres .
Pros
bon staff en géneral
Cons
pas d'avancement au sein de entreprise
Progressive, Supportive In Career Tutelage
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2017
I am very fortunate to have been employed by these two very prestigious companies. They provided a productive work experience with continued support through active communication and tutelage in advancement for my skills and my placements within the company.
I learned how to excel in my capabilities to fulfill my duties, maintain a strong and dependable work ethic, and as well the discipline needed to bring a dependable scope of experience and co-operative work in place to enhance, improve the work team effort.
Pros
Always supportive and enhancement of skills
Cons
Nil
loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
I loved working here. took a bit of learning but aside from that, it is an easy company to stay with. The staff at my store was a lot of fun and willing to teach me.
This company seems quite short on staff though so you may work many hours.
it is great if you are a student or someone looking for part-time hours. As long you work hard, you'll get good hours (of course each store is different)
there are also many opportunities to move up if that is what you want and you work hard.
Pros
good opportunities
Cons
it can be crazy.
Great benefits
PART-TIME INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 October 2017
Excellent Benefits and incentives, great fun environment, high paced and requires great multitasking skills. Challenging, sales oriented, secure and stable
Pros
Great incentives
Emploi formateur
Associé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Canada20 October 2017
Emploi très enrichissant au niveau du service à la clientèle. Beaucoup de responsabilités mettant de l'avant la maturité des employés. Expérience très positive de ce milieu de travail.
Environnement de travail très sain
Représentant des ventes e Superviseur des Ventes (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
Belle structure comme compagnie . Très organisé . Beaucoup de pression aux niveaux des ventes ce qui peut être motivant .
Pros
Auto et lunch fournis
Cons
Aucun
great job, kept me active, great people
Paint Tinter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2017
I loved the job because it was chill and very fun not very mentally taxing but kept me moving which i enjoyed. people i worked with were absolutely fantastic.
Great place to work as student
Sales Associate (Third Key-holder) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON & Kingston, ON18 September 2017
It is a great college student job as this carried me through college. They are very flexible with work hours as long as you too are flexible with working. Learn lots about paint and get a pretty good discount.
Pros
Paint Discount, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Can be quite "slow" from time to time
Decent job with good pay. Can be fun depending on coworkers.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
No opportunities to advance within company. If you're looking to move up start as an MTP. All the stores seem to be competing with each other rather than other paint companies. Benefits and salary are nice incentive to work here.
Pros
Pays okay.
Cons
Long hours, no advancement if you start as part-time.
It would be a great position if it were full time.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
It's a great company, when I first started in November I was hoping it would turn into a full time position. I have been there for a year now, but I need something full time so I am looking elsewhere.
Pros
This is a great company
Cons
unfortunately this position is not full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K