Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

A typical day at work is like a rollercoaster--it all depends on which location. Amazing people to work with. I learn that contractors are unique and can be funny and weird. Also, you can have flexibility working with sherwin- Williams.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
standing a lot
Absolutely loved working for sherwin. My dream job and something i am passionate about. Sadly had to leave due to lack of FT positions and salary but for anyone looking for pt work it has a great culture.
Pros
People, culture
Cons
Salary
Sherwin feels more like a family than a workplace. They offer opportunities to advancement and competitive wages. They are very supportive and willing to work around prior commitments
this was a fantastic workplace with supportive management and great customers. It was hard work when it came to unloading and warehousing orders, but the environment there made up for it, it felt like family after a while.
Sorry to say, but, my experience was very disappointing. The manager and his assistant manager were out of sync and I, the employee became collateral damage. The formal training program came after being on the job for 3 weeks. Staff were supportive. I left out of sheer frustration.
Pros
Free coffee. Bright, clean environment. Nice employees and customers were generally very polite.
Cons
Communication and organization not managed well.
Lots 0f opportunity to travel and make new business contacts. Lots of education needed to work here. Lots of opportunity to advance to a higher level.
I worked at one of the sherwin williams locations in the hamilton area , specifically the ancaster store, and it was a great job! My other Employees at the store were great to work with and each of us were always willing to help each other out.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers, good job training, good hours, able to move up in the company
Cons
Some days it’s crazy busy and other days are slow, so always be prepared for both.
Very busy and fast peace environment Sometimes a bit stressful with the unionized environment Once General Paint was purchased by Sherwin Williams it was a little unpredictable and having the warranty of having a job was not great
Cons
Rotating shifts
I love my job but I need more hours. It's the only reason why I am looking for a new job. It's a great place to work they are very employee orientated.
Pros
flexible lunch
Cons
busyness goes in waves
My manager was an amazing person. Apart from him, other colleagues were helpful and cheerful too. There was no strict rules and you can enjoy your working time.
Fun place to work, learning new aspects of the job daily. A typical workday had the general routine of filling customer's paint orders based on their color selections. Stocking the shelves and general cleaning of the showcase area. Receiving stock and organizing it when it arrived in the store. The staff was fun and always made the shift go by fast. The customers were great.
Management and a few class pets screw around behind the scenes joking and plotting as the regular folk do their job, making and filling paint. Their efforts aren't recognized or rewarded because management hides and only comes out if there is a problem or there is an upcoming tour. Then we do a 2 or 3 day superclean to make it look luke we dont do any work at all. Then the management pretends like we are a big Sherwin family to make it look good for the big wigs. Do yourself a favour and dont even bother coming here unless you like being an unappreciated worker that has no job security.
An overall great experience! The staff was helpful. Customer interaction was a fun challenge. Good contractor experiences, lots of opportunity for growth and training.
Lorsque que tu es un temps partiel il est impossible de devenir temps plein avec le temps. Il faut être assistant gérant pour faire 44h obligatoire ou être gérant mais c'est 50h minimum. Système de formation uniquement en anglais
Pros
Diner payé et pas de pression font attention à la sécurité de l employé
Cons
Très peu d heure en saison hivernale, Demande aux employés de faire des transfert des galons avec ta voiture sans fournir d'assurances
Bonne entreprise pour démarrer dans une entreprise
As far as a retail position goes, I believe I can safely say that working at Sherwin Williams was probably the best retail experience that I have had. The job was straightforward, the pay was better than minimum wage, but even at the beginning when the hours were essentially full-time hours, the pay wouldn't be enough to pay for rent and bills, . Because you need to be 18+ to work there, they should consider either adding benefits for everyone because of the heavy lifting, improving the overall pay, or picking people who don't have to worry about paying Bill's and rent.
a very young and upwardly mobile company. if you are young and well educated the sky is the limit. As an older worker I find that I get passed over for opportunities.
Without a degree you feel as though you're not a value. The company offers no benefits or bonus to part time employees that may work up 40 hours week. The pay is garage and if your a woman your paid less.
This is one of the best jobs I've had. The atmosphere is great, the rest of the staff is great and is always willing to lend a hand if extra help is needed. Lots of heavy lifting but overall a very positive job experience.
Sherwin-Williams gave me an opportunity to start a career. This staff are friendly, the learning process is extremely forgiving. The continuous Training, and support from mid level management is great. However, their pay scale is not realistic in terms of the debt that a student receives coming out of school. They wait for you to hit goals before even considering an increase in base pay. This causes individuals to become unmotivated and look to switch professions. Also, management will increase your job load by adding incremental time wasters, but then come back and say stop wasting time.
painting was really fun. sanding down walls and cleaning up was really cool. i am very fit and this job was one of the best I've had. management was ok
  1. Employee reviews