Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 79 reviews matching the search See all 3,545 reviews
It was an okay place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 September 2018
fair pay and fair hours, it was going through a management change at the time so it was pretty messy and disorganized. must be able to lift pales of paint and learn about the product
The Place to Grow.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 September 2018
If you want a shot at getting promoted quickly, making good money and being part of a great culture, Sherwin is a good option.

The company is growing at a rapid pace in Canada. If you show initiative and work hard, the sky is the limit. Love working for them.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Culture, Freedom
Cons
Long work weeks
All work with Unequal Rewards
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2018
If you are working in store, You are treated poorly. Assistant managers, managers, and the reps are treated far better. The company doesn't invest in new equipment which makes doing work not as officiant as it can be. The environment and moral can be so awful in certain locations, it takes a big toll you mentally. I came into this job hoping to grow in placement and be treated right. I got the exact opposite. They give no incentives to keep people and show appreciation for peoples works.
Pros
hour lunches, okay pay
Cons
toxic environment, terrible moral, poor communication, management, outdated equipment
great work enviroment .. but
PT SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 September 2018
its a great work environment an theres room to grow within the company.. sadly the amount of responsibilities you are required to fill is very high.. but a low wage with not many incentives to want to do more for the company. little wage for what you are expected to do..
Tres belle environnement et l’experience est plus que parfaite
Coloriste (Current Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC3 September 2018
J’aime travailler la mais je trouve que mon salaire n’est pas assez haut pour ce que je fais mais tres belle entreprise
Pros
Experience
Cons
Salaire et les heures trop irrégulières
great place to work, great corporate culture, no work-life balance
Store Manager & District Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
The 48 hour + weeks make having a life outside of work incredibly difficult. High stress work space with management pushing you for sales. But, you are in charge of your career path. Fantastic experience running your own business. If you are sales oriented, this is the job for you.
Pros
benefits, work culture, friendly management, many promotions
Cons
no work life balance, pushing sales, dealing with short-staffed stores
Missed the boat
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK3 August 2018
Was passed over for advancement because of MAT leave, now stuck with an assistant manager who is lazy, overbearing and incompetent. This is a store issue, not a company issue though. Great benefits and work atmosphere, if it suits you. Also I was recently shorted a days pay and my overtime for working Canada day. Still waiting for a resolution a month later.
Pros
RRSP matching. Employer rsp plan, benefits, good work culture.
Cons
Low pay
good company culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS15 July 2018
its hard work, long hours and pay is not competitive but the company takes care of its staff, creates a fun workplace with helpful senior management. Very sales focused company, you must meet quotas and budgets.
Meh
Cashier and Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 July 2018
If direct management wasn't as great to me as they were I would not have stayed as long as I did. Overall it's not a bad job but it doesn't pay as well as they should and upper management is horrible
Excellent Management training programs
Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 May 2018
Sherwin is a very large, structured establishment, with a strong management team. They silo there business units, making cross silo communication difficult. The marketing groups offer strong sales programs designed to maximize opportunities, but the development of programs can be slow due to the size of the organization. Overall, they are a good employer with a great salary and benefits package.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
With so many employees, its hard to find the right person to deal with
New expierence
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 May 2018
I worked here as one of my first jobs , had a greet team to work with and had a lot to learn about the company . This is a job I would recommend for someone who loves doing paint jobs
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great place to work if willing to sacrifice home life
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
Tons of room for advancement, however currently expanding too quickly causing poor work/life balance. As manager required to work +48 hours weekly, and have little say about location you are placed in. VERY difficult to move to a location closer to home, which increases the gap between work and home life.
Pros
over time is available, 40% discount, active job, great bonus payout including trips
Cons
long hours, upset customers, very little encouragement from upper management
Ok Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 May 2018
Good company to work for. Sometimes can be a bit hectic and not organized well but company is always eager to promote within the company and help people.
Good environment to work in with potential to grow
SALES ASSOCIATE (ASSISTANT MANAGER IN TRAINING) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2018
This job teaches a lot to an individual. Good cutomer interaction and customer service experience. Very diverse work place culture. It is easy to move your way up in the company. good connections and communications within the neighbouring stores
Good Benefits, doesn't make up for culture and animosity
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
The job pays fairly and the benefits and retirement package is good but you have to get past all the gossip and stabbing each other in the back at work.

Instead of taking ownership of mistakes and fixing them, the promoted culture is to through each other under the bus in a effort to divert and try to look better by comparison.

You don't need experience or education to be promoted, it is completely based on how much butt you kiss.

The expectation is that you put in your 8 hours and then go home and then spend another 2-3 hours at home doing paper work along with mandatory homework for Sunday. Get used to kissing your personal life good bye
Pros
Good stock options and benefits
Cons
Long hours, little recognition, back stabbing culture
Good Learning Opportunity for Development of Customer Service Skills and Sales Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2018
When working at Sherwin Williams, I have managed to learn a lot about dealing with customer needs, getting a feel for what customers want, as well as how to service them in a professional manner. During a regular days work I'd service about 10-20 customers which is quite enjoyable because it allows me to help people with their needs. I would make some lead generation calls, converse with fellow employees, and tint and mix paint. Overall, everyday was always very much enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was that because we were a small store of 4 staff members, there are times where there is only one of us working at a time, and we would get a rush of 4+ customers. It's then your responsibility to service all of them as quickly and as effectively as you can which can be quite difficult.
Pros
Great staff, Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Long shifts
enjoyable career
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto on9 March 2018
One of my most enjoyable careers. Learned and grew a lot in this position. Very thank full for the chance to work there. Travelling took its toll unfortunately and decided to leave.
Great Experience
Color Consultant / Decorative Product Specalist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2018
I worked for this company for little under a year. The company was great and I learned more then i imagined. Plenty of room to grow in this company and the management was excellent!
Hard working individuals are not rewarded
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2018
Upper management does not care about staff employed at retail locations no matter their position. Do not follow Alberta labour standards properly when compensation for employees is concerned. No opportunity for a raise no matter how much extra you are willing to do or how flexible you are for hours. Gave me more responsibilities without giving a raise...
very nice and comfortable work place
Sales Assistant(Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC28 December 2017
I enjoyed it here because it understood my schedule as a student as well as having another job. All my coworkers were very nice and understanding.The compensation was good as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K