Sherritt International

Sherritt International Employee Review

View all Sherritt International reviews

Family orientated environment
Office Administrator Duties (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB5 February 2014
I am proud to have once been the Voice and Face of the Sherritt Family. It was my pleasure to coordinate the United Way Campaign for Human Resources. It brought personal enjoyment to provide all 800+ employees the availability to participate in Edmonton and area Corporate Challenge. This brought people from all departments together to participate in events to bring a healthy and fun competition between other companies of similar employee base.
I found it difficult and informative to work for the IT department. There were times when I felt I was out of my comfort zone. Only because I didn't understand some of the concepts. I would have excelled in this if there was some kind of training.
On a normal day I would start by checking voice mail on the main switchboard and direct as needed. Check emails to acquire the commodity prices for remotely posting to the video screen in the security building. Then check all emails and prioritize requests.
I enjoyed being the go to girl for management and all employee's. Most request's came to me first and I directed to where/who the person should turn to.
I am appreciative of all the years of experience and friends that I gained.

Thank you Sherritt International.

It is time now to branch out to new experiences and goals.

Patty Chabot
Pros
I coordinated monthly free lunches for my department's monthly meetings.
Cons
Cannot think of any Cons

Other Sherritt International Employee Reviews

Consider your commitment before signing up.
Concerned staff. (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2019
OK employer but management has very high expectations regarding working, such as 24/7 availability (not based on HR policies but expected by management, HR is a toothless body.). Working at a plant site has the extra risk of injury or worse. Lots of hazardous materials and equipment. Not really an issue so far in the administrative offices but potential is there as we have emergency evacuation drills on a regular basis. Also, this company supports Cuba and China so be aware of this before committing your life to them.
Pros
Good benefits, fair pay.
Cons
Potential hazardous environment. Poor management.
Good Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB8 October 2019
Good place to work. Lack of financial security.Good benefits and salary. Not much room for advancement. Really good culture. Declining resources. May improve over time.