Sherritt International Employee Reviews

Good Experience
Chief Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB25 August 2018
Sherritt offers good experience and good work life balance. The culture is changing and the future is interesting. The workforce is very experience and the plant is stable.
Team environment and great experience
Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
Entrepreneurial culture where senior management was not afraid to take risks.

The team environment within the Finance area was the best part of the job.

Great job experience with projects in Madagascar and Cuba as well as financial reorganisations in Canada during my time at the company.
Pros
Lots of opportunities, Good team environment in Finance, Good Pay
Cons
Company over extended themselves
Managing project
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 May 2018
Interesting and challenging job.
Managing multi-discipline Projects for Sherritt Plant (Gas Reform, Sulphuric Acid, Ammonia Recovery, Power House, Water Treatment, Ammonium Sulphate Granulation, Utility supplies) & Corefco Plant (Nickel, Cobalt, Sulphide Precipitate, Ammonium Sulphate, Ammonia Plant), safely, within budget, on schedule and quality
Excellent work environment
3rd Class Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB2 May 2018
I had the pleasure of completing my 3rd class practicum in the Utilities plant. Learned so much from everyone there and would love to find a full-time position at this plant.
Fun summer student position
Metals Worker - Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 March 2018
A typical day included monitoring briquette levels in machines, building pallets/canisters of briquettes, and wrapping and delivering product to a specified location within the plant. I got along well with all the employees, and was a very enjoyable experience overall. I would certainly recommend.
Pros
Free Lunches, Excellent atmosphere
Cons
The summer student position only lasted 4 months
Many great co-workers and managers
Safety Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB3 January 2018
I believe that Sherritt management has a good vision for the company, but some of the message gets lost on its pathway through the hierarchy. Most management personnel are well qualified and eager to create a great work environment, but they don't often take to heart the advice and feedback that experienced personnel are trying to give them. I think there is too much multi-tasking going on, and this stunts the efficiency of the process.

Also, there is too much "jealousy" going on between departments. As an employee It sometimes seems like we are competing with another company, rather than a different department to get things done.
Pros
Training, good perks
Cons
Too much multi-tasking. Supervisors don't often deal with the time wasted by employees
If I can still work with them if given the chance, I will
Mechanical/Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB31 December 2017
Company is good. I worked only on contract, but I was given the chance to be part of it. The staff were all fine and the manager in the department I worked.
Excellent and supportive work environment
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2017
Sherritt is an excellent environment to work in. Everyone is supportive. I enjoy every day and look forward to going to work each morning. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with.
Good Team
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB25 April 2017
This is a company where the team looks out for you.
Policies are in place so there is no confusion as to what your responsibilities and rights are and the company and team upholds this. I would not hesitate to work here again.
Excellent work environment
Assistant Driller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
Everyday was a challenge working abroad, learning not just work related but but as a individual as well. Management was fair, cultural experience was amazing.
Excellent place to work
Intermediate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary20 November 2016
Great job, wonderful co-workers , great benefits and salary. Fun place to work , Very good atmosphere, even when extremely busy.
Pros
Ecverything
Safe and fun work space
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB18 August 2016
A typical work day started with a workplace meeting.
I learnt how to work hard and safe while being efficient and proper to work code.
Management was very well structured.
Coworkers were fun and shared lots of life skills with me while I worked.
Hardest part was working with proper PPE on very hot days.
Being able to go to work and smile every day because of the people i worked with.
Pros
Good pay and good work hours
Cons
Not many overtime hours
Family oriented and fun place to work each day.
cost and resource management (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB9 May 2016
Sherrit Fort Saskatchewan is a "family" oriented company deeply rooted within the community. I learned much working with the engineering group and applied it to my project cost control and scheduling responsibilities.
Everyone was so co-operative and such a pleasure to work with.
There was nothing hard about the job as each day presented a fresh challenge to come up with creative solutions for each situation.
It was fun to have so much trust in my abilities and ingenuity to meet the requirements of managing million dollar project management challenges.
Pros
Creative freedom
Cons
Contract Position Only, would have like a permanent position.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB6 February 2016
Sherritt is a good place to work, I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the people that I came into contact with. The benefits are top notch here.
Fun place to work with table tennis table
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB22 October 2015
Costing piping, electrical and instrumentation P & ID's.

I learned about the nickel processing business.

My co-workers were great and my supervisor was fantastic.
Productive and fun workplace
Loadout Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB19 October 2015
Loading trucks with loader. continuously learning on the loader. Learn how to be safe in a plant. Learn the many different co workers and how to work with different personalities.
Pros
Overtime
Great Work Environment
First Year Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan AB8 July 2015
Shop/maintenance based work doing Instrumentation. Either refurbishing valves in the shop or out on the plant grounds repairing maintaining and calibrating various instruments. Great management and training provided for employees.
The best company to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2015
Company is Oil & Gas to work with Operations Team.
Busy and challenging job.
To gain more experience in the oil & gas industry.
Enjoyed working with the company
Electrical Engineer / Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB12 December 2014
 Design industrial power distribution system, transformers, motor control center (MCC), electrical switchgear, control circuits, relays, lighting systems and grounding as per Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
 Develop single line protection diagrams, 3-phase schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, and cable termination schedules.
 Design & preparation of layouts, schematics, EHT, and calculations associated with complex projects.
 Preparation of substation equipment layout drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM), single line protection and metering diagrams.
 Design, installation, testing & commissioning of electrical and electronics equipment.
 Design electrical disconnects, digital and analog control circuits, fire alarm systems, DCS (DeltaV) configuration, EJB and CJB wiring layouts.
 Detail electrical design of transformer, switchgear, MCC and protective systems, LV & MV Power distribution, lighting, grounding, cable tray, raceway and conduit layout.
 Conduct feasibility, design and performance research of electrical generation and distribution networks.
 Prepare material cost and timing estimates, project reports, as Built activities and design specifications.
 Design of EHT for process pipes, vessels, and building roof.
 Detail design of fire alarm devices, plant horns and electrical safety devices.
 Self-management of assigned projects, effective communication with clients as well as team based project assignments.
 Project cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates.
 Co-ordination with other Engineering groups, Maintenance,
  more... Clients and Contractors.  less
Great Co-Workers
INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 July 2014
Great on the floor Co-Workers. Management needs changes and to be held more accountable for their actions. Overall a great place to work.