Sheridan Student Union Employee Reviews

Fun place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 July 2018
Great place to balance out your school work.
Got to meet a lot of new people.
Awesome way of socializing as well as work.
Tried out different kinds of food.
Work Ethic
Kitchen staff member (Current Employee) –  Union, ON25 June 2018
There isn't allot of team work to go around as much. Things has changed over the years. Not allot of cooperation and leadership being shown for other coworkers.
It was a great experience
Creative Designer (Former Employee) –  Union, ON8 January 2018
I learned a lot from being one of the three designers responsible to keeping the entire SSU brand afloat and consistent across three different campuses. My boss was amazing and supportive. Upper management could be a stick in the mud sometimes but they were still caring and understanding.
Pros
flexible schedule, growth
Cons
interdepartment politics
Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2017
I worked for SSU during my first year of college. It was a fun place to work and the managers were friendly, down to earth, and always available to help with any questions. They are very flexible with hours to work around busy students schedules and the pay is comparable to any other student job around the Brampton area. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Management, Flexible Hours, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Pay
easy going and fun environmemt
Event Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 May 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Sheridan Student Union with large constant changing events with flexible hours. Lovely staff this is fun and motivational, creates great team building skills as well as creativity and leadership.
Sheridan Events
Events Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 February 2017
A typical day on the SSU Events Team is full of fun and excitement. I get to work with the best people and do activities like host variety performance nights, work and attend concerts and 'Pub Nights', and brainstorm new and exciting experiences for students. The workplace culture is really familial and supportive, there is a lot of love to go around. The people I work with are fun, like-minded and outgoing - it's difficult to be sad when you're around people like that. The job requires late hours, occasionally; but, with such a great team, the time usually flies right by.
Productive and good place for learning various skill
Awareness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2016
Sheridan Student Union is a good place for students to learn various soft skills and office skills. My position was majority about coordination. Therefore, I have learned a lot about how to communicate with many external organization.
opinion
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2016
i enjoy working there as a server/cashier and the hardest part is probably trying to cope with others, most enjoyable part would be getting to know the customers and my co-workers are very friendly.
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
no breaks
High paced entertaining task execution
Staff Member, UB Cook, Coffee Loft Barista (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 May 2015
Three different activities developed over three different tasks per job offer.

Coffee Barista - customer service was an asset. It was a non stop daily activity that required full attention. Being organized and clean was mandatory. Team Work

Union Burrito - High paced environment plus multitask. Cooker - Cashier - Cleaner - Supplying. No hard tasks, just being always aware of every task to be executed.

Staff Member - Attention to detail, Team work. No hard tasks. Just keep motivated and active.
Pros
Working at School
Cons
Shifts crossed with college courses
Productive and fun work environment
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 March 2015
Writing emails
Calling outside sourcing for equipment
Designing events
Running Events
Calendar Meetings

I work with a group creative thinkers who enjoy creating fun and engaging events and memories for Sheridan students.

The hardest part of my day is deciding which volunteers get to help with our events. There are so many volunteers that care about providing students with a positive and fun school year that it makes next to impossible to choose each time.

The easiest part of my day is everything I get to do, I love what I do and find each task challenging in their own ways but exciting and fun all at the same time. It makes my job easier and a lot more enjoyable. I truly enjoy what I do for a living.
Productive and fun workplace for students helping other students and the Sheridan College community
Marketing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 November 2014
* Marketing team members distribute posters, literature, and social media regarding SSUI services, events, and operations
* Marketing team members assist the Marketing and Communications Managers with developing promotions and campaigns for SSUI
* Marketing team members provide customer service to staff and students
Pros
Discount on lunches in the Student Union's eateries, free health and dental benefits, free services offered to faculty, staff, and students
Cons
Late hours, absences, personal concerns and issues
Fun and Interactive work environment
Awareness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trafalgar, Sheridan College25 March 2014
Coordinate with Student Union, students, Sheridan College, outside corporations and charities.
Also in charge of collecting for and promoting the Emergency Food Resource at the student union.
Creative and all about Team Work. Campaigns and Fundraising.
Fun working with a group of like-minded enthusiastic students
Events Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton15 March 2014
A job was a great opportunity to meet people and gain firs working experience. Overall there are no hard duties, but the communication skills are vital. This could be a great chance to develop them in a safe college environment and build a good resume.
In many cases, however, would only work as temporary first employment. Still, is a valuable experience.
Productive and a fun workplace
Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2014
Very busy environment.
Cleanliness is a must.
Co-workers are very nice and fun to work with
Most fun ever had at a job
Marketing Team Lead - Promotions (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 October 2013
- a lot of student engagement
- promotion of campus events
- great teamwork
- learned a lot about multitasking/time management
Pros
great people, campus, and learning opportunities
really fun and fast paced
Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 July 2013
Advocate for students to ensure their success.

Hold meetings monthly to ensure quality of work

micro manage my team
Pros
very enjoyable
Cons
not enough benefits
Great Experience
Elected Board of Director (Current Employee) –  Davis campus26 July 2012
A typical work day would involve discussing the meeting agenda and going over ideas or policies that will be able to improve student life. The hardest part of the job keeping up with the discussion because I have to type the whole discussion so it can be posted on our Student Union website.

My fellow coworkers are awesome and have the same goal as I do in improving student life.
Pros
free lunches, only twice a month we have too meet