Sheridan Nurseries

Sheridan Nurseries Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
Dont apply if you cant work in the sun or rain
Good place to work, some great people to learn from. long hours in the spring, get you to work to your strengths, a few good managers, lots of good co workers
Not diverse
Noticed that everyone at the store I worked at was white. Little to no people of colour, so expect to feel uncomfortable and patronized by older white people. Doesn't appeal to those who have a different first language and do not understand English well. Very disorganized management and they are not on the same page.
not fun
individuals like wilson moncada make this place as fun as a mass funeral. oh cananda our home and native land true patriot love in all thy sons command
Friendly and fun workplace
I got to interact with a lot of friendly customers in such a fast-paced environment. The management are always there to help with whatever you need. The hardest part of my job was to ensure every customer was served in adequate time so they leave the property wanting to come back.
Be prepared to buddy up with your boss if you want to get promotion
Used to be a happy, fun work environment, but new management see everyone as a number and have little respect for experience and qualifications. Bears little relationship, any more to the horticulture industry.
Sheridan sits strong with me since my childhood, back in the day it was a strong team atmosphere and a fun place to work but has become nothing more than a financial venture under the new management. if you are a passionate about your work like me, this is definitely a very bad career option. Motivation techniques, at best, if you make $10 this week we want to see $20 next week and so on.

A toxic atmosphere exists within certain areas where supervisors are ring leaders, therefore have freedom to rule as they wish; favoritism is across the board, making it very difficult for anyone not in the clique to succeed and for what you are paid here it is definitely not worth the effort when other industry competitors pay much better and offer far superior benefit packages and offer a much more modern work place.

Buildings and offices are stuck in the 80's and bathroom facilities are primitive to say-the-least!

Unfortunately, Sheridan has lost it's glow and is very definitely not the main player it used to be in the industry; there are far better options out there.
Pros
Some great people
Cons
Total disconnect from present management
Awful employment
Sheridan nurseries is a awful place to work at as you are surrounded by joyful colleagues but the management is very poor and picks factories. You will work very hard for minimum pay and the hopes of being kept on. You will be fired once the “busy season” is over which management decides on a whim. You will be understaffed when busy and overstuffed when not needed.
Good job from late April to mid July
Container Design for Guests and for general sales was my goal. Great opportunity at the time in 2007. This store on Sheppard Ave. East was cornerstone site. Now the neighbourhood has changed from Residential Home Owners to Condominiums and Retirement places. Location was sold back in 2009.
great work space
amazing, employees are nice. Guests are nice and welcomes. very happy environment. Very relax and easy going. Would recommend to work. They are very open as well
Pros
fun and positive environment
Cons
long hours on your feet
Typical sales with a landscaping focus
A typical day varies depending on the customer flow through the store. A thorough understanding of a large variety of products is a plus, as is a willingness to learn about new things.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Variable hours and customer flow through
Great place for starters
Sheridan Nurseries is a great place to grow as a worker as they have great training which makes you feel good that they're behind you 100% of the way and their service is second to none.
Productive workplace
Amazing people to work along side with, however management did not seem cohesive and made decisions that affected employee morale and sales dramatically.
Great environment for productivity and learning on the job
The team we had when I was working this job was a very effective and friendly team. I learned constantly on the job as there is never enough to know about the plant industry. My job was lovely as I was often the last person to see a guest(customer) off after their purchase, so I could always have them leaving with a smile. Everyday working there was a pleasure because of my coworkers and the guests that would come in to enjoy the atmosphere.
Night Crew
I was Night Crew which is pretty fun if you have a good group of people working with you. Basically do the same job that Day crew does just no managers at night. Job is pretty simple just clean and organize the store so that it is appealing the next day.
Pros
No managers at night
Cons
Night hours
Hard but Relaxed place to work
Team is very nice and welcoming, typical day is hard labour, and can't be afraid to get your hands dirty. 1-2 breaks are guranteed depending on hours worked. Salary is minimum, and managers are very kind.
Great team atmosphere, fast paced, outdoor environment
I really enjoyed working for Sheridan Nurseries Guest Service department!
- everyday there are new opportunities

- always interacting with new customers

- fast-paced environment to display initiative

- sold team of experienced and fun people

- learned about plants and the horticulture industry

- great physical activity in the outdoors

- management respects and values their employees

- learning curve to get educated on all the plant merchandise however was a enlightening experience
Fun Workplace For A Part Time Job In The Summer
I enjoyed my time at Sheridan nurseries. It was a very fun place to work and management was very nice. Also, the people who worked there were very positive and it was a great place to work.
Great Staff, Hard Work
Very busy and fun, passionate staff. Much knowledge needed of the industry for sales floor positions as client base is demanding. Physically and mentally demanding. Hardest part of the job is a lack of training and recognition. Most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with - they are dedicated, passionate, hard working, the backbone of this company.
The assistant manager does not demonstrate any understanding of socially appropriate behavior and acts out emotionally far too often. This made it difficult to work as I was being harassed by the assistant manager regularly while doing my job properly, and to the best of my ability as I suffered a long-term work injury due to a lack of proper training.
Pros
Great coworkers and work environment
Cons
Poor management
Cashier
Being a seasonal cashier I wasn't at the store for a long period of time but while I was there I was never disappointed by any of the other staff's attitudes. My job was simple and it was nice being able to connect with the customers. Being a cashier during Christmas it was busy on the weekends which made the days go by fast. The only downside to working in the winter was the cold temperatures which were hard to face.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Cold in the winter
General Labour
I would last year with this company and I will enjoy working for them, the treat me with respect and was very friendly and fair. I would like to work for the this year.
Fun and Challenging employment
A well-managed company with a competitive, goal-oriented work culture and welcoming staff combine to create a workplace that is a pleasure to work in.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheridan Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.