Sheridan College

Sheridan College Employee Reviews

A lot of group work and training. Multimillion dollar equipment. Excellent lunch options. Clean working environment. Friends and companionship are a must.
Pros
Companionship
Cons
Working with multimillion dollar equipment.
I have had contracts at 8 colleges/universities around the GTA. Sheridan is the worst of them all to work for. The assistant deans are on power trips, they try to set up faculty for failure on purpose - they “cleaned house” and let go of experienced staff 8-10yrs working there - because they didn’t like people who knew what they were doing....with no notice they decide to not renew contracts to employees who have spent years there. They believe students over staff and undermine and question faculty. There is zero support and it is the most stressful and toxic work environment I’ve ever been too. There is no recourse for contract staff and no complaints process they all cover for each other and I would never recommend working for the department I was in... I am hopeful other programs have better leadership ....
Pros
Pay was adequate, hours good
Cons
No support, stressful, lies, set up to fail....
There is a lot to be said when an environment stimutales and inspires a person . The tasks at hand are easy to complete and enjoyable. The work is not work but an actual exercise in the perfection of a craft.
Good college vibes. The management was ideal for a college-level placement. Co-workers were driven and the work culture was ideal for a young, entry-level, professional.
Sheridan is AWESOME! Everyone is very friendly and they offer generous pay, pension, and benefits packages. Many perks including paid holiday closure, vacation, tuition reimbursement, tuition subsidy, scholarship plans for spouses and children of employees, and a great employee assistance program. Sheridan is very diverse and accommodating- they really care about all employees. Student and employee satisfaction are very important.
Pros
fun and friendly environment
Cons
some jobs can be more stressful than others
Sheridan is named top 100 employer in the world. Very fun place to work with. Diversified culture and work with team. Collaborative effort. Salary and benefits are really good.Overall employee satisfaction is there.
Pros
Employee events, department year end appreciation lunches, employee milestone lunches, 12 days Christmas breaks, 1 hour early dismissal if stat falls on following Monday ( extra hour long weekend)
Cons
Tight deadlines, will have to work over time. Unionized and rates are negotiated by union .
Sheridan ESL program is one of the best. As one part of my teaching practicum, I worked with one group of 18 students for around 2 months and it was a very rewarding experience
The plus side of working for Sheridan College was that I made long lasting friendships with my colleagues. As far as management goes in the faculty I worked for (Continuing Education) well, let me say this. I was taught that if you have NOTHING nice to say ..then don't say anything at all.
Pros
Long lasting friendships with colleagues.
Cons
Disingenuous management
I feel supported working at Sheridan College. Colleagues are friendly the very productive. The working environment is creative and relaxing. I feel very happy to work there
I really loved working at sheridan college. Being a STAR was more than a job. I learned a lot of things like interacting with different people. i love this job.
Good school with a good program. Enjoyed all the opportunities and experiences that i was given which prepared me for career once i graduated from my program.
I didn't work at Sheridan I went to this college for my HR Certificate from Sept 2018-April 2020 Great professors and great learning. Will definitely refer others to attend this college.
It was a pleasure to work with such an amazing team. the only hardest part was that everyone was so good at their work which motivated me every day to be better.
my experience at sheridan college was beyond what i hoped for. The working environment was always filled with room to improve along the way. My management team was outstanding! They guided you along the way to show you how to be the best at what you do.
my first and best experience. I worked as a tutor of maths and helped students with concepts and problems. Great teaching environment and awesome experience
A great place to gain some experience and grow. Able to move around and change roles and experience other roles if you choose too. Staff are friendly.
Working at Sheridan College as a Peer Tutor is a good experience. Helping students in different issues and see they improve in some skills is very motivating.
Nobody comes to work. The offices are empty. No collegiality. Union passes veiled threats of laying off full-time faculty during COVID-19 when management might do some self-reflection on why there are so many of them with tyrannical management styles, incompetent leadership in times of crisis so many that warrant preferred parking spaces.
A good place to work Flexible hours Challenging workplace Diverse workplace provides lots of opportunities friendly management friendly co-workers best place
Good faculty members. The college is full of knowledge ocean. Learning a lot. Best for engineering degrees. Managers are friendly. Working at sheridan comes with lots of opportunities.
Being involved with student success was the best part. It is a large organization and there is a need for advancement internally. The benefits are great.
  1. Employee reviews