Sheridan College

Sheridan College Employee Reviews

Canada272 reviews

- Take phone calls, chats, and emails from customer related to It issue. - Problem solving skills, new technologies - Sometime the work was stressful and busy - Short training time

Pros

Good management, Friendly environment

Cons

Sometime busy

Best place to work at!!!

I absolutely loved working at Sheridan. Everyone is super friendly and always willing to help and teach you whatever you need! I highly recommend it! Healthy akd fun environment to work at

Cons

This is a community college partially funded by the government. The physical, professional, and cultural environment is great to work with. Run by Board of Trustees

Very friendly environment

A lot of group work and training. Multimillion dollar equipment. Excellent lunch options. Clean working environment. Friends and companionship are a must.

Pros

Companionship

Cons

Working with multimillion dollar equipment.

Toxic environment

I have had contracts at 8 colleges/universities around the GTA. Sheridan is the worst of them all to work for. The assistant deans are on power trips, they try to set up faculty for failure on purpose - they “cleaned house” and let go of experienced staff 8-10yrs working there - because they didn’t like people who knew what they were doing....with no notice they decide to not renew contracts to employees who have spent years there. They believe students over staff and undermine and question faculty. There is zero support and it is the most stressful and toxic work environment I’ve ever been too. There is no recourse for contract staff and no complaints process they all cover for each other and I would never recommend working for the department I was in... I am hopeful other programs have better leadership ....

Pros

Pay was adequate, hours good

Cons

No support, stressful, lies, set up to fail....

Inspiring

There is a lot to be said when an environment stimutales and inspires a person . The tasks at hand are easy to complete and enjoyable. The work is not work but an actual exercise in the perfection of a craft.

Good Overall Experience

Good college vibes. The management was ideal for a college-level placement. Co-workers were driven and the work culture was ideal for a young, entry-level, professional.

Everyone is very friendly, respectful, and collaborative. Fun environment, great pay and benefits.

Sheridan is AWESOME! Everyone is very friendly and they offer generous pay, pension, and benefits packages. Many perks including paid holiday closure, vacation, tuition reimbursement, tuition subsidy, scholarship plans for spouses and children of employees, and a great employee assistance program. Sheridan is very diverse and accommodating- they really care about all employees. Student and employee satisfaction are very important.

Pros

fun and friendly environment

Cons

some jobs can be more stressful than others

Productive, fun to work with .diversified culture

Sheridan is named top 100 employer in the world. Very fun place to work with. Diversified culture and work with team. Collaborative effort. Salary and benefits are really good.Overall employee satisfaction is there.

Pros

Employee events, department year end appreciation lunches, employee milestone lunches, 12 days Christmas breaks, 1 hour early dismissal if stat falls on following Monday ( extra hour long weekend)

Cons

Tight deadlines, will have to work over time. Unionized and rates are negotiated by union .

good experience

Sheridan ESL program is one of the best. As one part of my teaching practicum, I worked with one group of 18 students for around 2 months and it was a very rewarding experience

Negative in most ways

The plus side of working for Sheridan College was that I made long lasting friendships with my colleagues. As far as management goes in the faculty I worked for (Continuing Education) well, let me say this. I was taught that if you have NOTHING nice to say ..then don't say anything at all.

Pros

Long lasting friendships with colleagues.

Cons

Disingenuous management

collaberative and creative

I feel supported working at Sheridan College. Colleagues are friendly the very productive. The working environment is creative and relaxing. I feel very happy to work there

work experience

I really loved working at sheridan college. Being a STAR was more than a job. I learned a lot of things like interacting with different people. i love this job.

Good school

Good school with a good program. Enjoyed all the opportunities and experiences that i was given which prepared me for career once i graduated from my program.

Didn't work at Sheridan

I didn't work at Sheridan I went to this college for my HR Certificate from Sept 2018-April 2020 Great professors and great learning. Will definitely refer others to attend this college.

It was a pleasure to work with such an amazing team. the only hardest part was that everyone was so good at their work which motivated me every day to be better.

productive and caring workplace

my experience at sheridan college was beyond what i hoped for. The working environment was always filled with room to improve along the way. My management team was outstanding! They guided you along the way to show you how to be the best at what you do.

good experience

my first and best experience. I worked as a tutor of maths and helped students with concepts and problems. Great teaching environment and awesome experience

Great Place to grow

A great place to gain some experience and grow. Able to move around and change roles and experience other roles if you choose too. Staff are friendly.

Collaborative place to work

Working at Sheridan College as a Peer Tutor is a good experience. Helping students in different issues and see they improve in some skills is very motivating.

Toxic culture of top-down managment

Nobody comes to work. The offices are empty. No collegiality. Union passes veiled threats of laying off full-time faculty during COVID-19 when management might do some self-reflection on why there are so many of them with tyrannical management styles, incompetent leadership in times of crisis so many that warrant preferred parking spaces.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheridan College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4