Sheridan College Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Part time teacher (Current Employee) –  Brampton On25 March 2018
Excellent I was nervous at the start never teaching before but now excellent thanks for the opportunity .Enjoy teaching the students my experiences and enjoy seeing them grow with the knowledge they have received .Its a great feeling to know you've made a change
Great
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2018
Amazing place with AMAZING ENVIRONMENT. Best place to work with people. Feels like a second home and learned much while helping students as well......
Teaching others helped me learn a lot myself
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 March 2018
Marks students papers, tutor, help them with assignments and help them prepare for test and exams. I learnt how i could deal with different individuals.
Good starting project
Gripper Claw Project (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
This was a great project to get started as an engineering student. This project taught me a lot about working well with people and managing time correctly.
good place
Scribe/proctor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2018
I've worked here for a few years now. No issues here. Never had an issue with staff or students. I would recommend this place to anyone. Very friendly.
Great environment, friendly co-workers
Junior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2018
I had a great time being with this company for the year that I was there. Everyone was friendly and helpful. There was always work to be done to keep you busy.
STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 January 2018
Great place to work, flexible hours and accommodating. Good culture and benefits. Would definitely continue working here again if given the opportunity.
Student (Current Employee) –  University of Guelph, ON.8 January 2018
enjoyed my time and the teachers i had. learned animal care skills and grooming skills. Learned about the history of domesticated animals. some students were immature which dampened the working environment, besides that it was a good experience.
Great Company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 January 2018
Great job as the people who work there are supportive and can have a great work experience. Paid really well for the position and would recommend this company.
Pros
Colleagues
good place to work as part time
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 December 2017
It is good place to work if you are a student here.
Time schedule is very flexible for me since i was studying while working.
It is friendly environment.
Gym Attendant: Easy job but management isn't the best
Athletics Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 December 2017
1 person from management acts like a child. When ever he's having a bad bay, he makes sure everyone else is having bad day. He also doesn't know personal boundaries and makes his employees very uncomfortable at times.
You normally just do some typical cleaning duties to start the morning such as vacuuming the weight-room floor, sweeping, and towel-mopping the gymnasium floor. Customer service is essential. You have to scan each students onecard for them to enter the facilities.
The best part of the job is attending varsity basketball games working as the "key cleaner" mopping up sweat from the athletes. Sounds bad, but you get to watch the whole game front row where all the action is so your shift passes by in no time.
Pros
Varsity basketball games
Cons
management, pay is just barely above minimum
Excellent work place!
Part-time faculty (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 November 2017
Enjoy working with other professionals. Great networking and genuine interest in working with students. Pleasant atmosphere, safe and easy to get to.
volunteer
Student Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 November 2017
I did a total of 60 hours as a part of my college certificate and worked in the Sheridan gym doing various activities. I enjoyed the company and learned how to handle a gym floor and training people and keeping the gym floor clean.
Pros
convenient
Cons
didn't earn any money
A very productive place
International office assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 November 2017
As an International office assistant working at Sheridan college my workmates are very helpful and kind i didn't find any difficulties working with them as i enjoy working in a teamwork
Way to long ago
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2017
Short term memory and cant remember too muh from this place. It was a cafeteria and the hours were decent. But 4 months off a year for summer breaks. Questionable
An overall good work place
Media Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 October 2017
An over all good place to work, the only struggle is found with being part-time and lacking the security that a workers union provides.

The other staff and team are excellent to work with.
make me efficient to be a technician
Chemical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
Working at Sheridan in amazing. My journey as technician begin in Sheridan. The professor in Sheridan as very cooperative and helped me all the time during difficulties.
Interactive workplace, great colleagues
Peer Mentor - Accessibility Centre (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2017
I was not in a position with a lot of room for advancement so I cannot speak to that, but I had an excellent experience. The people were nice, there are tons of resources available on campus for staff use, and many perks. The job is diverse and interesting. Nothing bad to say!
Pros
Flexible schedule, dynamic, great coworkers
Cons
Wage
security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2017
Night shift, quiet, students were okay. Patrols were easy, nothing that is hard. the pay was okay. would prefer to work during day in future job. night shift is kind of hard./
wonderful seating spots and table games
Accounting and Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2017
spending wonderful time teaching students and see them improve their marks. Students show excitement to learn and understand course material any day of the week.