Sheridan College Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 November 2018
Sheridan provides wonderful opportunities to explore, grow and learn. I have been challenged while giving the resources and support necessary to achieve every goal.
nice students but no job security and no community support
Communications/ESL professor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2018
Students were lovely and great class sizes but this is a very lonely place to teach with absolutely no guarantees for job advancement or job security. Although the odd person is helpful the administration and management have high expectations on each teacher yet provide very little guidance or assistance. Furthermore, the turn over rate is high for contract workers and they are made to feel like they are not valued, required or appreciated (only full timers seem to matter) yet these workers are still required to attend meetings and provide ideas and feedback. These seems counter productive and adds a lot of stress to the individual worker.
Pros
nice students
Cons
high level of anxiety due to lack of job security
Study
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2018
I studied Mechanical, Math, Science and P.L.C programming. During the time of study i also had a chance to work with Ford motors as a quality inspector.
Educational
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 October 2018
It was exhausting yet allowed to learn more about myself and where I want to direct my life. Though sadly the skills I learned there didn't translate to anything appealing for possible employers.
Good learning environment
ITCounter & Classroom Support (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 October 2018
I had great time in this company. It allow me to learn more stuff in IT. The people I've worked are nice and good. Would love to work here again someday.
Review summary
STAR- Student Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2018
Good opportunity for students Good opportunity for students Working for sheridan gave me lots of learning and fun with friends but kinda boring but fun
Very good compant to work for report to Director of Finance
Payroll Supervisor / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2018
Supervisor / Payroll Analyst Over see staff and day to day function answer and investigate all aspect complains sit in at meetings confirm payroll run general file confirm send reports to managers ect
A bit management heavy but otherwise a good school
Professor/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 August 2018
Budget could be balanced by firing half the administrative layer, but not like they're going to do that. To their credit growth has been impressive, there's worse colleges to be sure. But getting a bit top heavy.
It's basically customer service
Triage Staff (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 August 2018
You have to be super social and ready to hear a lot of issues from some frustrated/worried students. It can be stressful, but it's rewarding. You just need to efficiently answer questions and book appointments with students' Records Specialists. There's a lot of information about deadlines, payments, grades, and dates you need to know. It's also important to realize when you don't know the answer and quickly find someone who does. It's a customer service job, so since you're the first face students see, you've got to know a lot and be accurate.
Pros
staff is great, unionized, not expected to work over time
Cons
contract, pay isn't much more than minimum wage
Good Workplace
Educational Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 August 2018
I enjoy my current job. It's an excellent employer. I appreciate my management. They are very supportive. The workplace is organized. The organizational culture is diverse and pleasant.
Very productive and busy workplace
Teaching Practicum (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2018
Amazing place to study and work. Very dynamic and busy environment with great organized and systemic work standards.
High tech classrooms and resources available for everyone. A joyful place to go to everyday.
Productivity
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2018
I have enjoyed working as a library assistant and being part of this college. One of the hardest part of a job is to handle a lot of pressure at the same time. I have trained myself in a way that I know when it is difficult and time to become proactive in those situations.
Excellent Organization.
Student Advisor & Job Developer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2018
Great culture, work environment and excellent work that is extremely fulfilling. Inclusive of individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs. Highly recommend Sheridan College.
Good Student Job
Open House Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 July 2018
Was a good student job for me. It was only for one day but I was able to interact with all the new faces who were new to the program and answer all the questions they may have had about the program.
Pros
Good work
Cons
1 day
sheridan
School Representative/Director of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 July 2018
Elected position
i was senoir member for the board
i learned alot about management , and marketing
leaving the job was hardest part - contract job ,
Gud Environment and Hardworking
Chemical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2018
Sheridan College is so good and professors are so helpful and hardworking. I achieve very good knowledge of Chemical Lab Technician. Students are so helpful over there.
Great place to work!
IT Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 May 2018
Fantastic group to work with, empathetic and fun. Everyone gets along great, good vibes, management truly cares about their employees. You get the chance to learn while having fun.
Good Place to work
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
I worked on Research Project for few months.
I liked the environment and culture of Sheridan College.
Very Nice and HelpFul peoples.
Good Work and Life balance
overall comfortable position
Student Card Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
Accomadating when they can. All though at times a little unorganized depending on the department but that is everywhere. Amazing benefits/pension package once full time. Very friendly respectful staff and management. there is room for advancement but can take a while for the opportunity to come up.
Pros
welcoming
Cons
location
Productive and fun
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 May 2018
Productive and fun work environment. Open and friendly work culture. Management works WITH employees. Customer service and interpersonal skills are a must.