Sheridan College

Sheridan College Employee Reviews

Canada288 reviews

studentcollegecampusprofessorstudytutorfacultypeer

Great employee.

Considerate of different backgrounds. Created activities for employees and students on the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation to raise awareness.

Fun and relaxing workplace

Good company to work at and is a decent environmentm good work life balance. Only problem is the pay is not up to par for this position in my opinion

Insights into Sheridan College

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great Place to Work!

Absolutely loved it here, they treated me fairly and respectfully and the salary + benefits were great. Convenient location for me personally, I truly enjoyed my time at Sheridan.

loved working here

sheridan is the best place to work, working for any post secondary institution is great. the culture is great and you are paid well for your job, lots of room for advancement

Respectful and inclusive environment

People there want you to succeed, and one's job has a clear purpose. The environment is positive, most people are helpful and clearly enjoy their own jobs as well.If this position was not for students only, I would be happy to keep working there after I graduated.

Its good

I worked part time was treated pretty good had no issues people were good some times very pushy but with the amount of work i was always happy with the treatment

It is good working environment to work

The college has great policies to work. The all inclusive environment is further enhanced . The management team strives to create a balanced working environment.

Teachers Assistant

Very good place to work for a co-op experience. Had the opportunity to participate/arrange in multiple activities and had a great opportunity to gain more knowledge from my professors who were always happy to help.

Change needs to happen

The wages need improvement, workload needs to be lessened benefits are good and pension is good. management is constantly changing so no real stability.

Productive and organized workplace with great people

Management, coworkers are very nice, friendly. Everything is organized and planned. The management cares about its employees. I enjoyed working at Sheridan.

Focussed on Students and Success

Always a great team environment if one has a questions or issues in the classroom, there is help and an offer of a solution. Someone will always find time to help you out, even if your part time.

Pros

Great team in Media - experienced, helpful, upbeat

Cons

Nothing really.

Never recommended

I won't recommend anyone to work there. It's easy to collaborate but you won't grow up and too much inside politics in the Administrative. No support to teach you

great experience

It was a fantastic experience for me. The campus environment is very good and safe. The time is flexible, and can also refuse those tutoring appointments that I could not make

Fun and caring faculty

I can not thank Sheridan enough for all the support and love I got as a student. The faculty was very helpful when answering questions. They were very patient with me.

Pros

Everything is great about Sheridan

Awesome

Working here I’ve had great experience and have learned a lot of things. Work life balance can be a challenge here. However you will find dedicated people working together to create something meaningful.

Pros

Good folks, understanding helpful and good culture

Cons

Less work life balance and more stressful

- Take phone calls, chats, and emails from customer related to It issue. - Problem solving skills, new technologies - Sometime the work was stressful and busy - Short training time

Pros

Good management, Friendly environment

Cons

Sometime busy

Best place to work at!!!

I absolutely loved working at Sheridan. Everyone is super friendly and always willing to help and teach you whatever you need! I highly recommend it! Healthy akd fun environment to work at

Cons

This is a community college partially funded by the government. The physical, professional, and cultural environment is great to work with. Run by Board of Trustees

Very friendly environment

A lot of group work and training. Multimillion dollar equipment. Excellent lunch options. Clean working environment. Friends and companionship are a must.

Pros

Companionship

Cons

Working with multimillion dollar equipment.

Toxic environment

I have had contracts at 8 colleges/universities around the GTA. Sheridan is the worst of them all to work for. The assistant deans are on power trips, they try to set up faculty for failure on purpose - they “cleaned house” and let go of experienced staff 8-10yrs working there - because they didn’t like people who knew what they were doing....with no notice they decide to not renew contracts to employees who have spent years there. They believe students over staff and undermine and question faculty. There is zero support and it is the most stressful and toxic work environment I’ve ever been too. There is no recourse for contract staff and no complaints process they all cover for each other and I would never recommend working for the department I was in... I am hopeful other programs have better leadership ....

Pros

Pay was adequate, hours good

Cons

No support, stressful, lies, set up to fail....

Inspiring

There is a lot to be said when an environment stimutales and inspires a person . The tasks at hand are easy to complete and enjoyable. The work is not work but an actual exercise in the perfection of a craft.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheridan College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement