Sheridan College Employee Reviews

Good environment
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2019
Supportive environment, good management, great benefits and pension. Collaborative working environment with productive staff. Enjoyable environment to work with students.
Pros
benefits, pension
Friendly enviroment with partners ready to help
IT specialist (Former Employee) –  Davis campus, brampton10 January 2019
Day start with a line of student and faculty member asking for help; provide solution to them make me feel happy because I solve problem to someone.
- All cultures are respected
- The hardest part is when you do not have the answer for the problem, but there is always someone ready to help.
Pros
Expand your knowledge for fix laptop issues
Cons
Very hard to get a permanent job position
Flexible and Fun
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 January 2019
The management was supportive and encouraging during my tenure. As a Peer Tutor, you manage your own time and appointments so you can take on as much or as little as you want which was great since I was taking 6 courses alongside tutoring. The pay was alot lower than expected and the pay schedule was sometimes weird. They only pay minimum wage usually and limit your maximum hours to 10/week so you probably can't live off what you earn but it was nice for some extra pocket change.
Excellent
Student Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 December 2018
I have been working at Sheridan College (Canada) part-time
Pros
- Flexible Schedule
- Good paying wage
Cons
- Paid Parking even for Employees / Guests
When to study for Vet Assist
Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2018
Overall very good place to learn, the student are very friendly and the staff willing to help you. I enjoyed to hand on work like practice for the real world. We also get to do co-op for 2 weeks.
Part time Teacher
Media Fundamentals Teaceher (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 November 2018
- prep and marking require as much time and effort as the classroom time
- students and support staff were amazing
- was nice to give back to the community
A great place to work
Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 November 2018
Sheridan provides wonderful opportunities to explore, grow and learn. I have been challenged while giving the resources and support necessary to achieve every goal.
nice students but no job security and no community support
Communications/ESL professor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2018
Students were lovely and great class sizes but this is a very lonely place to teach with absolutely no guarantees for job advancement or job security. Although the odd person is helpful the administration and management have high expectations on each teacher yet provide very little guidance or assistance. Furthermore, the turn over rate is high for contract workers and they are made to feel like they are not valued, required or appreciated (only full timers seem to matter) yet these workers are still required to attend meetings and provide ideas and feedback. These seems counter productive and adds a lot of stress to the individual worker.
Pros
nice students
Cons
high level of anxiety due to lack of job security
Study
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2018
I studied Mechanical, Math, Science and P.L.C programming. During the time of study i also had a chance to work with Ford motors as a quality inspector.
Educational
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 October 2018
It was exhausting yet allowed to learn more about myself and where I want to direct my life. Though sadly the skills I learned there didn't translate to anything appealing for possible employers.
Good learning environment
ITCounter & Classroom Support (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 October 2018
I had great time in this company. It allow me to learn more stuff in IT. The people I've worked are nice and good. Would love to work here again someday.
Review summary
STAR- Student Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2018
Good opportunity for students Good opportunity for students Working for sheridan gave me lots of learning and fun with friends but kinda boring but fun
Very good compant to work for report to Director of Finance
Payroll Supervisor / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2018
Supervisor / Payroll Analyst Over see staff and day to day function answer and investigate all aspect complains sit in at meetings confirm payroll run general file confirm send reports to managers ect
A bit management heavy but otherwise a good school
Professor/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 August 2018
Budget could be balanced by firing half the administrative layer, but not like they're going to do that. To their credit growth has been impressive, there's worse colleges to be sure. But getting a bit top heavy.
It's basically customer service
Triage Staff (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 August 2018
You have to be super social and ready to hear a lot of issues from some frustrated/worried students. It can be stressful, but it's rewarding. You just need to efficiently answer questions and book appointments with students' Records Specialists. There's a lot of information about deadlines, payments, grades, and dates you need to know. It's also important to realize when you don't know the answer and quickly find someone who does. It's a customer service job, so since you're the first face students see, you've got to know a lot and be accurate.
Pros
staff is great, unionized, not expected to work over time
Cons
contract, pay isn't much more than minimum wage
Good Workplace
Educational Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 August 2018
I enjoy my current job. It's an excellent employer. I appreciate my management. They are very supportive. The workplace is organized. The organizational culture is diverse and pleasant.
Very productive and busy workplace
Teaching Practicum (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2018
Amazing place to study and work. Very dynamic and busy environment with great organized and systemic work standards.
High tech classrooms and resources available for everyone. A joyful place to go to everyday.
Productivity
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2018
I have enjoyed working as a library assistant and being part of this college. One of the hardest part of a job is to handle a lot of pressure at the same time. I have trained myself in a way that I know when it is difficult and time to become proactive in those situations.
Excellent Organization.
Student Advisor & Job Developer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2018
Great culture, work environment and excellent work that is extremely fulfilling. Inclusive of individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs. Highly recommend Sheridan College.
Good Student Job
Open House Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 July 2018
Was a good student job for me. It was only for one day but I was able to interact with all the new faces who were new to the program and answer all the questions they may have had about the program.
Pros
Good work
Cons
1 day