Sheridan College

Sheridan College Employee Reviews

Canada258 reviews
Didn't work at Sheridan
I didn't work at Sheridan I went to this college for my HR Certificate from Sept 2018-April 2020

Great professors and great learning. Will definitely refer others to attend this college.
It was a pleasure to work with such an amazing team. the only hardest part was that everyone was so good at their work which motivated me every day to be better.
productive and caring workplace
my experience at sheridan college was beyond what i hoped for. The working environment was always filled with room to improve along the way. My management team was outstanding! They guided you along the way to show you how to be the best at what you do.
good experience
my first and best experience. I worked as a tutor of maths and helped students with concepts and problems.
Great teaching environment and awesome experience
Great Place to grow
A great place to gain some experience and grow.
Able to move around and change roles and experience other roles if you choose too.

Staff are friendly.
Collaborative place to work
Working at Sheridan College as a Peer Tutor is a good experience. Helping students in different issues and see they improve in some skills is very motivating.
Toxic culture of top-down managment
Nobody comes to work. The offices are empty. No collegiality. Union passes veiled threats of laying off full-time faculty during COVID-19 when management might do some self-reflection on why there are so many of them with tyrannical management styles, incompetent leadership in times of crisis so many that warrant preferred parking spaces.
Job at Sheridan

friendly management

friendly co-workers

best place
Nice work place
Good faculty members. The college is full of knowledge ocean. Learning a lot. Best for engineering degrees. Managers are friendly. Working at sheridan comes with lots of opportunities.
Students are the best part
Being involved with student success was the best part. It is a large organization and there is a need for advancement internally. The benefits are great.
Fun working with co-workers also when conducting tours
Working as a STAR, I have learnt how to relax and just have fun when conducting group tours. Daily, I am surrounded by wonderful staff where we talk about assignments and future events.
Amazing place to work
I only worked at Sheridan part time but I loved every min of it. I was able to grow quickly in knowledge and experience working as a Desk-side support Technician. The only reason I moved on was because I found full time employment.
Get place to work while attending a college program
Great workplace,

Met a lot of great people and the managers are very respectful and understanding.

The pay is minimum wage and it can be difficult for a new student ambassador to get a lot of hours.
Pros
Friendly and Respectful work atmosphere
Cons
Minimum wage
Productive and science-based job
working with professors and knowledgeable tutors and talented students is my desired job. I work as research assistant on electro-mechanical subjects like Solidworks and Siemens PLC.
Sheridan
Great school except strike.
typical day was very fulfilling and educational. obtained by BBA degree, and accounting diploma. Made lots of friends, sad that is is over.
Positive Atmosphere
Lot of opportunities to learn new things and implement it. Positive and encouraging atmosphere. Management is very friendly and listens and values your opinion. Enjoyed everyday being at work place.
good experience

good pay

manageebale hours

welcoming...
Nice place to work
People are very friendly and guide you through the process. Learned about the different programs Sheridan College has to offer at the specific campus.
Very clean compound with lots of things and services to access. Staff are very welcoming and accessible, in addition they provide training.
It is good. I have learnt to network among a much wider group among numerous ethnicity. The management is very understanding. The work culture is one of care and looking out for the greater good. Living with the salary which could and should be much higher all things considered. The best part of the job is being able to assist students and their parents make a decision to attend the college.
Very quiet but nice to work at
I liked the job considering that it worked with my school schedule and also gave me time to work on other school related work while on the job. It does get quiet after the first month of every semester since there are new students applying for a onecard.
Equipped college/ 0 job security
Wonderful, motivated students 👍) positive learning environment! ♥️

Management can make judgement through hearsay, gossip- layers of buroucracy b4 you get through anyone. Talent, motivation, initiative are not nurtured; innovative ideas barely fostered due to managers' own insecurity.

I would not work here again.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No progression/ poor management