Sheraton Employee Reviews

Found 345 reviews matching the search See all 5,156 reviews
Fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2018
Job was fun because you got to meet new people everyday. Learned to work in a team setting with the housekeeping staff, restaurant/banquet staff. Management was great, made sure we had fun but were also serious about job. Had awesome Christmas parties!
Excellent place to work at
Front Desk Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 September 2018
Great place to work at. Friendly staff....You get to meet lots of good people and famous people. Good pay and great way to learn new things. Nice environment
Excellent company
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 September 2018
Excellent company to work for. The staff are great, helpful and most friendly. Many, many repeat guests, most knew me by name.

Very well run hotel. The management where I worked was good at what they do.
Pros
Great Management, good healthy meals.
Cons
Some late night shifts
Served and greeted guests attending an event at the hotel, and also general cleaning
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 September 2018
It is an Wedding occasion the same time it is New Year`s Eve. I learned to cooperate with my adult co-workers and reviews the food of the guest if they have their allergies. I think the hardest part is holding big plates and glasses ware in a tight place and surrounded by 100 people. I enjoy the most is all my hard work becomes worth it and the experienced I had with different types of people. When I see them smiling and appreciate what I`m doing make me feel overwhelmed and proud to my self.
A good place to work
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 September 2018
I worked at the Four Points by Sheraton for approximately 1 year. I found the atmosphere positive and the management friendly. There was a certain air of professionalism there. Overall I can't find anything to complain about. The only detractor was that it was very hard to get a raise there.
Pros
discounts on meals
Cons
hard to get raises.
challenging and enjoying while cleaning the rooms.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sands Cotai25 August 2018
Actually, 8 hours working day plus over time.
I've learned so much on how to maintain and manage the cleanliness of the room.
A good relationship with the management
Actually there"s no hardest part but when times of high occupancy we gonna make rush the room to clean.
I enjoyed so much.
Pros
free transportation, free breakfast, lunch and dinner, free uniform
Cons
open over time
Its safe,productive and fun to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  123 Queen West Street Toronto Ontario24 August 2018
It is a typical day at work is physical work more cleaning, vacuuming and beddings, I learned to work fast and think fast what I need to do in order to get it done my 16 rooms in 8 hours. The management not so much comment the are great doing their own jobs. Work place are safe, fun and productive place to work on.

The hardest part to work of the job when I am sick going to work. It is risky and not safe if your not feeling well to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the time I enter the room to clean is I found money on the bed or on the table as my tips also if the guest left their things and they never claim it after 60 days it goes to mine.
Pros
Free drinks and some treat free foods every 3 month for all the birthday celebrant.
Cons
no breaks if you want to finish your rooms breaks is optional.
fun place to work
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2018
Great discounts were available to employees, good benefits, sometimes worked longer hours but reasonable compensation was given. I was able to learn a lot about the hotel
Horrible staff and very unsanitary
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 August 2018
I worked there for about two days and ended up quitting they used the same rags all day the staff was rude and they lost my direct deposit so to get paid was a huge hassle and working from 8-7pm everyday sucked they also used the same three rags on the floor all day long and to clean the bathroom floors I was provided with a lint roller to get hairs off the floor so you can imagine how sore your back and knees get!!!
Pros
Alright pay
Cons
Horrible staff very unsanitary
4 Points Server
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2018
it is a good place to work there, people there are friendly and easy to get a long with, the food there is amazing, and people working there are really professional
Pros
Free lunch
Cons

Want to know more about Sheraton?

Ask a question
Great Job while it lasted
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 August 2018
Great Job while it lasted for sure. Great parking discount in the heart of downtown. Amazing employee benefits and salary. Did get boring and repetitive but its like that with any job.
Management and real life experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 August 2018
Team work and time management skills develop working in a fast paced work environment. Real life conditions required practicality and common sense. Learned a lot.
Great food
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 August 2018
Chefs put you on 6 days in a row and the workload is horrific. The kitchen is gross and not only is the dishwashing machine a sputtering antique, you are swamped and still expected to play janitor at the end of your shift. Brutal.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Overload
poor pay, poor hours, no management back uo
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2018
Hours are all over the place, no rarely work the same shift more than 2 days in a row. Minimum pay and only raises are legislated ones. Work alone at night. Assigned duties not in line with your area of work.
Pros
none, even the discount for staying at group hotels is minimal
Cons
never a raise. never encouragement from management, never work just your area, can be assiged to tasks other than your job specifics
meh
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 June 2018
good days if worked full day
was chances for advancments
good co workers
fast paced work atmosphere
lots of bending moving
not so bad for paydays
fun
Pros
decent breaks
Cons
worked every weekend
bonne entreprise
Préposée à l'entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2018
les horaires sont difficilement malléables, et très difficile de s'épanouir sur le plan familial et financier quand on est débutant. mais l'ambiance de travail est plutôt bonne.
Great atmosphere
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC31 May 2018
I worked here a year after it opened. I loved the team, they were all great and accepting. typical day, you got your list of rooms and were sent off to get them done to the hotels standards.
Great entry level position
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 May 2018
Great entry level position with stability, structure and guidance from management. Not to mention the positive work-life balance and fun young culture that goes with the company.

If you are an outgoing and social person you can thrive at this company. Overall happy work environment, high energy and a buzzing sales floor.
Pros
Positive work-life balance
Cons
Long Hours
Fun and Fast Paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2018
From the moment the restaurant opens to the time its closed you're constantly on the move. Located within the Lobby of the hotel, there's never a dull moment.

As a hostess, its more than just seating people at a table. You are the first person the guests meet and set the tone for their experience.

the managers are there to help and listen. They don't just delegate work, they work with you.

the hardest part was having to stay goodbye.

Every day was a different experience. Even the bad days made for good stories and memories at the end.
Great property
VANCOUVER - CLUB LOUNGE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2018
The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre is a great property with a lot to offer.
Unfortunately management cas suppress the experience for not only guests but employees alike.
Pros
Big hotel
Cons
Hostile management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K