Sheraton
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Sheraton Employee Reviews

Canada506 reviews

Found 506 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,005 reviews

An overall fun rollercoaster!

I typically drove shuttle runs to drop off/pick up guests. If you are not on the shuttle, you would be back at the hotel helping guests with luggage. You are also back in the server preparing room service trays/orders and bringing them to the guests. As a 3-person department, this job is quite manageable and can be really fun! You get to meet lots of different tourists from all over the world! During the peak in the summer, you will likely get lots of generous tips. As a 2-person department, this job can become very stressful and fast-paced. Manageable for a few shifts, but once labor cuts are made, it really drains the department. Some customers can ruin your day, they can be cruel, and nasty. But during my time, most of the staff were all very helpful and most departments worked really well together to help each other out during busy shifts. The few times management needed to help me with a difficult guest, they handled it professionally but still had my back.

Pros

Free food from time to time (that might not be allowed anymore), good tips during peaks, cool people, and hotel discounts

Cons

Angry customers can be very stressful at times, and a short-staffed team is exhausting! During slow times/economic hardship, you make near 0 in tips!

Great place to work at.

The workload is divided to several departments. People are nice. Please know this is a unionized company. It can be challenging to work with union staff when your in managerial role you really need to find a common ground. Everyone is respectful and they always have your back. Proper training were given.

Insights into Sheraton

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fun place to work

Working at forth Poins by Sheraton was definitely a great experience Overall Executive chef was friendly and the Sunday buffet was a good experience , because I got to talk to costumers . In general it was a positive experience

Pros

Free food for kitchen staff

Cons

No good pay

Friendly Environment

It is a quite friendly, energetic environment to work with your co-worker. The music, the space, the atmosphere made you feel very comfortable serving the guest.

High Expectations

Hospitality companies need to take better care of their associates. We have just been through one of the tougher times in history and where was our support, guidance, reprieve? Good luck finding new associates with this reputation. Hilarious to me that we all have to be so focused on guest loyalty but our own loyalty is not cherished or valued.

Pros

Fellow workers

Cons

Poor pay, no work life balance

Toxic and takes advantage of you

Absolute worst job I've ever had. They made you clean rooms hours after your 8 hour shift was done or else you would be cut from shifts. They made you clean an entire room from party room to spotless shiny and fully stocked with new sheets and towels among other things in LESS THAN 30 MINUTES.

Pros

Lunch included in affordable plan, usually can stay for dinner too

Cons

Disgusting place, Stupid management, Toxic, Uses you until you can't no more, Only the most desperate work here

Soul crushing

I worked at the four points Sheraton in London for about 6/7 months. I was fired due to amassively decline in my mental health. My managers as well as the hotel gm and head of hr were very much aware of my life outside of work situations that were causing my mental health problems. I certainly never let it affect my work. I’m quite good at checking my bags at the door. But instead of offering a smidge of help to me I was fired. Sheraton as a whole does not care about mental health in anyway imaginable

An unfeeling management makes this job a soul sucking place to work

Management turn over is insane and if we didn't have a union most workers would be screwed over. Not to mention that lately they have changed our food discount and decided that Management should get free food.

Pros

The pay is decent

Cons

Everything else

Treats people like machines

Treats people like machines.NO OVERTIME payNO SAFETY PRECUATIONSNo safery trainingsNo room for improvementNot advisable to work hereNo considerations

Pros

Cons

No OT pay

Customer service without tips

Depends on individual schedules, but a full 8-hour shift at night lays zero work-life balance. Paid on time, but have very little benefits.

Its a very negatif oriented place.

The employers are always on your back and always pushes to work faster. And they have a very strict policy concerning the punching machine. Its very harsh.

Productive and fun workplace with good management

The atmosphere at workplace is good. Everyone is helpful. Payrate is also good. Got pay bi-weekly on time. Able to check hours details everyday online

Feels like you’re in high school.

Lots of drama, including the management team. They like to gossip and pit employees against each other. Hostile environment. Only a few decent people work there, the front desk manager being one of them who is under-appreciated for his hard work and dedication. If someone deserves a raise, it is him. High turn over of staff. Pay could be better for all of the work you are expected to do.

Pros

Pros only exist if you’re management.

Cons

Long hours, little appreciation. Expected to drop everything last minute to run to work on your day off, and if you don’t then expect everyone to hate you.

Environment is good. Management is supportive. Salary is competitive. Organizations culture is also good. Fun to work. You have to support other departments if needed. Various opportunities to work with in different areas of the hotel and businesses.

Toxic work place

This place was terrible. Supervisors were bullies. They made sure to keep your hours just below minimum so they would not have to pay benefits Management and supervisors gave conflicting instruction

Pros

Staff BBQ

Cons

Terrible supervisors and management

It was very organized and happy environment ti work within all colleagues and staff amazing people learned a lot in Sheraton hotel culture

The hotel itself busy all the time since they have casino and other indoor and outdoor facilities and services plus they have all kind of events and banquet halls meetings and entertainments Hotels have 682 rooms including junior suites and presidential suitesBeside upgraded spas and fitness areas facing the beautiful view of Niagara fallsI was pleased to work with Shera5on good and a happy experience

Pros

Managing big department offered me big work experince

Cons

Challeging to always strive for the best specially when there are many competitors

The most Enjoyable part of the job

I worked in Sheraton dusanbe hotel tagicstan really it was a golden moment for me when I worked there I was security supervisor there I like its rule and regulation. I learnt in Sheraton hotel how I should have do our duty.

Cons

Long

Stressful and badly managed

The house keeping is very poorly managed don't be shocked if you have to do 20 rooms and are on 5 floors as well has having to bring all lundary to your assigned floors because nobody else will do it. Vacuums can be hard to find and overtime is expected of you, refusal is not seen as okay. I do not blame house keeping supervisors it is just what they have to do and deal with from higher ups I am pretty sure but it still isn't okay.House keeping can be done in a more organized and better way. I fully blame management the job itself is fine

Pros

Pay isnt bad but not worth it in the long run

Cons

Bonne atmosphère avec un équipe professionnelle et directeur

Bonjour c bonne expérience pour moi à hôtel sheraton Laval qui ma ouvrir bonne opportunités avantage dans domaine de la maintenance

Pros

Repas gratuit bonne avantage pour moi

Cons

La pose clet courte et caferia trop loin

.I liked working at the hotel. It was a fun place when i first started there.

Was a great place to work when I first started there.After time it was more demanding and different . Worked there over 30 some years. Went through 6 different boss in the time I was there.When covid hit we got laid off . After a year we got a call saying we were being let go.This place was a great place to work . Now I see they are hiring again . I think they should call back the ones they laid off before hiring again.

Pros

Great clientele. Friendly staff at front desk. Housekeeping was fun for awhile.

Cons

Not enough pay for the job that we did.

Horrible work place

Horrible food, horrible management. Dirty kitchen infested with cockroaches. They DO NOT care about their employees because theyre easily replaceable.

Pros

none lol

Cons

Sexist, racist, cockroaches, unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement