Sheraton Employee Reviews

Found 366 reviews matching the search See all 5,527 reviews
Awful Management
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, AB20 March 2019
For a team that is supposed to focus on hospitality, they definitely do not when it comes to their employees. What a horrible experience. The banquets manager is a horrible woman who takes out her pathetic life on her employees. Constantly yelling and making for a very uncomfortable work environment. People are scared to speak out against her.
Pros
Fellow employees are great
Cons
Banquets manager needs to go
professionalism
Front Desk Agent/Club Lounge Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 March 2019
fast paced environment while being professional and courteous at all times. good food. flexible shifts. lots of departments. interaction with a variety of clients.
Horrible management
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 March 2019
Management was great, then she was replaced by a terribly greedy and selfish man who will fire anyone who disagrees with him..........................
Pros
Easy job, no labour
Cons
terrible manager
excellent work enviroment
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2019
excellent company to work for. had a great time with the team.
Left the company to come home and spend with my school age children.
My plan is to get a job with the company of similar or better work experience.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Lunch not included
good large staff
Bartend/Server/Porter (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 February 2019
typical day was cleaning and flipping rooms,
following instructions as told, and followed lists,
some times i bartended and other times i would serve guests for catering events.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long nights cleeaning
Steward Life
Steward (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 February 2019
On a typical day, you are the most important person working, and the main show for the day, for without you, the job couldn't continue forwards. you are expected to, clean the kitchen, dish washing quarters, restock on cleansing supplies, clean walls, floors and even ceilings, all while handling 600+ residences dining in your restaurant. without considering the stress of your managers, screaming at you to restock somewhere else, the day to day, is a challenge, however, when used to such extreme work, you really truly learn faster than at a slow placed job.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
managers don't watch how much effort you place into working.
Hectic
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 February 2019
Hectic and unpredictable. Repetitive tasks which over long period will put a stain on one's body.

Long hours with many demands from respective departments.
Pros
Friendly guests
Cons
Long hours, repetitive
Best Sheraton in Town
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2019
Great place to work! Management is easy to talk to and fun to be around.

I would recommend this employer to anyone who asks. They have great benefits to working there.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Long work hours
Good workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 February 2019
I enjoy working with Sheraton as everyone is very cooperative. I was new to hospitality industry, but Workkng with Sheraton gave me an insight as to how hotel industry works.
Amazing co workers terrible management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 February 2019
The people on the floor actually doing the job are absolutely amazing and super friendly whenever I was behind I always got a helping hand... the management team however were very ignorant and didn't look further into the issue that I came into. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN ACCUSED OF STEALING the management however accused me not once not twice not even three times but four times of stealing from a check out room when I never took a thing I put the article of clothing left behind in the lost and found like I was told to do... I have never stolen anything in my life and I would never . Coming from a nursing home where I was completely bondable and there for 8 years to a hotel setting I didn't even stay passed 4 months because of that.I never even did what I was being accused if. Maybe actually looking into the situation before accusing would have been a better outcome. Then having to fight for my final pay was absolutely uncalled for.
Pros
Friendly co workers pay and benefits
Cons
Management staff
Worst ever
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 January 2019
The pay is pathetic , new housekeeping manager that is a b.... rude uninvolved, critical, never been a manager before has no idea how to handle staff or stress is unreal . The supervisor and team lead are even more incapable of doing there jobs cause they have zero experience, lol everyone is looking for new jobs as of now lol
Pros
Not really
Cons
Wages and housekeeping manager
A great place to work.
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2019
A great place to work and the team is very friendly but I would like to work at a more production wise pastry team as well as a pastry chef to advance my pastry knowledge.
Pros
The kitchen team.
Cons
Need more people in the pastry team.
Productive fun workplace.
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 December 2018
The work place is great very luxurius.I have a long hours and can do my job list on time.,we have an amazing teamwork,speed is the secret to do it on time and quality of work,to keep my job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fun workplace in room attendent
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Canada17 December 2018
hotel staff are extremely friendly and very attentive. very clean hotel room and beautiful lounge and hotel's breakfast are quite delicious. club lounge is amazing.when someone entered in the hotel. they feel overwhelmed, as the exterior of the hotel is nice. it is the fantastic place in vancouver.
Pros
everthing is pretty good.
Cons
nothing
so far its ok
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sheraton cavalier hotel Saskatoon30 November 2018
working in the kitchen is very challenging and fast paced working environment, and that's all i can say so far i like working there with good people and helpful coworker keeping you happy.
Pros
free food for staff
Cons
i dont know
Good place for work good chef
Cook Turning (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2018
nice place to work a full time position the Chef wont be fouling around all day, the guy its very professional, i ll rate 5 star for sure. Nice coo workers for sure u ll find some dicks but they r not majority.
Pros
wages, benefits, manager
Cons
if u r the last u can find hard to have 40h per week
Great place
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
Worked here as a casual part time employee. During my time here my experience was great learned lots. Worked with great people and learned a ton of new positions
Take advantage of students trying to work and go to school at the same time
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 October 2018
They treated my daughter like poorly. She is a student and can only work weekends. She was doing the hated split shift and still let her go.
Because she could do weekday shifts. They knew that when they hired her.
Pros
Nothing poor quality food.
Cons
Not a good place to
Human Resource Co-op Student
Human Resources, Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 October 2018
- Great people to work with
- Spend most of your day filing, shredding
-conducted phone interviews and in person interviews for other potential co-op positions
-Great learning experience
This location had zero interest in the well being of staff
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 October 2018
Only worked there for a short time but management was horrible towards staff. Let 1 staff member pass out and then continue to work his shift without medical attention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K