Shell Employee Reviews

Shell gas sation
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, BC6 January 2018
I am a strong work and work hard and always put my customers first and always did my task that was give to me l got along good with my coworkers and boss but l did not get along with the owner of the gas station he did not know how to treat his staff with respect
Cons
I work grave yard shifts
See comments below
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
Work/life balance is good. Some employees take advantage. Morale needs to be brought up. Employees going through job postings continually does not help the morale.
Fantastic Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
Best company I have ever worked for. Professional, principled and ethical. A privilege being a member of the Royal Dutch Shell organization for 15 years.
productive and friendly enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2018
This job helped me to grow as a professionally and personally as well.i enjoyed working in a team ,that helped me to build up confidence and number of technical skills.in starting phase of my job, my team helped me lot where i was lacking
Pros
paid break, health beanifit
Cons
not flexible hours
Excellent company, leader in the industry!
Senior Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan & Alberta30 December 2017
I started my career with Shell Canada and had the opportunity to train and development in many different production environments. I enjoyed my time with Shell and thankful for the experiences.
Global organization
System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2017
There are many things that Shell does very well such as their commitment to Safety, policies on Diversity and Inclusiveness, and opportunities for movement within the organization.
Great management, salary, and benefits
Lubricants Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Canada18 December 2017
Great culture, all of the management all the way up to cooperate are Great, and treat everyone like family. They are very family oriented and treat employees like the individuals they are, not simply another stream of income for them.
Pros
Work life balance, very family oriented
Cons
Tend to sell off entire country assets overnight... ex. Australia, Canada and more
Overall great organization but Not agile
Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  STCC Calgary NW17 December 2017
Shell is overall a great organization to work for with lots of work and life balance. One can chose to work from office or home with a reasonable mix . Shell however is not agile and any change take unreasonably long.
Too many sections with lots pf overlap.
Engineers working in Silos/Compartments
Very rigid hierarchy
Long hours with out a break.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak Bay, BC15 December 2017
The job was standing at the cash register and helping customers. I learned the ability to work for 8 hours without a break. The work place culture was unforgiving and not a very enjoyable place to be.
Very Professional and Safe Workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 December 2017
Had a 1 year term at Shell Albian when I was young. I admire their intern program for such a high-level company. They introduced me to a whole new world. It was still the most challenging position of my career and I learned so much straight after graduation.

It was Business/IT department that allowed be to analyse the functions of a department and I possess those skills everywhere I go.
Pros
Great offers, and experience
Cons
Location, long hours.
great place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 December 2017
it was a terrific place to work, it was flexible with hours. and they trained you well and always had someone there for you if you needed help with questions
Great company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 November 2017
Working at Shell Scotford over the yrs has been great, Great safety culture to make sure everyone is safe on the job. Good management make the job easy to do. Working long hrs but yet giving time off to spend with family too..
Pros
safety awards
Cons
long hrs
Project Controls Specialist
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
Amazing company to work for. Lots of growth opportunities. Really invest in their people. Experience like no other and allow you to grow in multiple positions.
Good staff, bad managing.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 November 2017
The boss was HORRIBLE with communication. Wouldn't have schedules ready until just before the two week period was up. Then she would do changes drastically: I worked 4-6 shifts a week during the afternoons and I got cut back to working 2 days a week in the mornings. So doing 2-10pm 4-6 times a week to changing 6am-2pm 2 days a week ON WEEKENDS killed me.
Pros
Free coffee and slushies. Great coworkers. Lovely Customers
Cons
Long hours. Horrible Customers. Not good training.
not very good
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 November 2017
Worked at a shell gas station about 15 minutes north of lloydminster and the job was awful. Awful hours, and not very organized pay process. Made minimum wage which was 9.55 at the time
a great company to work for
Project Development Enginee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2017
I have worked for Shell over 7 years and enjoyed lots. Shell is very structured company and people will know exactly what are expected from them. You will be trained to follow the system with no exception.
Pros
good salary, very good balance between life and work, flexible working style
Cons
long decision process, very unstable due to oil price
Gain Experience
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2017
I gain experience how to communicate and deal with customer
How to manage time and solve problems
Its little bit hard job.
i learn management skills too.
It was good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2017
Honor,manager and co-workers are like family. friendly environment. I worked here approximate 1 year. Need to look after sites, It is a kind of multitasking job and learned to speed up in rush hours.
Working in the foothills of Alberta
Plant Shutdown Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Caroline Alberta18 November 2017
An enjoyable place to work with many people highly skilled at their positions. Facilities were very nice and modern and were very well kept up. Very nice setting to work in.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Travel time
Parttime Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (FULL-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
Even tho it was a part time job working at a gas station for shell. If you have the right management to work with you enjoy your work a lot. This is the case that I had and I enjoyed by time while working there and never had any issues at all.
Pros
Free Car washes
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K