Shell Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work, Excellent Bonus System
Completion and Intervention Wellsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2018
-Good structure and great education for new grads
-Mostly good people
-Mostly meaningful work
-Set expectations and yearly reviews
-Lots of policies and procedures
Strategy Consultant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2018
Good company. Great people.
It was a great experience to work on a special project with Shell. The team in Shell was very helpful and gave sufficient authority to research and make strategic decisions
great place to enter the industry
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2018
Shell does a great job of bringing in and keeping great people and has a positive culture. Can be a bit heavy on the training at times and can be a slow process to get up to speed but over all great experience.
Best for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 February 2018
Excellent place for part timers. Good working environment. Employee safety standard are maintain. Must be quick learner as an sales associated need to have depth knowledge and keep yourself updated for promotions and services.
Terrible Management
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 February 2018
Management hardly pays attention to tasks at hand and hardly gives the employer the time of day. The small shell located on red river and junot definitely needs some new employees.
Pros
You get paid.
Cons
Terrible management, terrible employees
pump attendant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK9 February 2018
pump attendant, clean inside store, stock shelves, clean car wash at the end of the night, doing inventory, manage till and make sure everyone pays for gas/ product.
Respectfull work place
Construciton Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada8 February 2018
I love the respectful work place culture, the appreciation that the company show for good results. You don't expect a big company like Shell to really pay attention at everyone's contribution to the business and show appreciation.
work days are good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2018
its hectic, meet and greet alot of customer ,promote sales and also try to make good business relations.
try to sell offers and follow companies policies
Pros
meet alot of people
Cons
salary is basic and also we work for third party
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 February 2018
A typical day at work is prepaying gas, selling products of the day, or selling car washes at discount price after certain amount of gas is paid.

I learned how to clean a car wash, pump gas, change oil, and do closing counts.

Management was great when it came to schedule needs, who you wanted to be paired with, and pay advancements.

The people were great to work with, sense of humour while doing their duty.

The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping the customer happy while at the same time speed them along.

Most enjoyable part was working with a great team.
Pros
Management hired based on compatibility between the workers
Cons
Not many trained for cashier so breaks were hard to come by
Upbeat, fun, professional atmosphere.
SITE DOCUMENT CONTROL LEAD (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB5 February 2018
Working at shell was both rewarding and fun. Professional management that were always willing to help. It was a real team environment. I enjoyed the camp environment.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long travel days when weather was bad.
service station attendant
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 January 2018
in a typical work day you are expected to keep the store clean serve customers both outside and inside the store, wash windows pump fuel and check vehicle fluids and top them off if needed.
Pros
reliable work schedule and regular 8 hour shifts
Cons
no lunch break
growth oriented, flexible hours, fun to work
Senior Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada30 January 2018
I was a focal point Senior Document Controller for multi-projects. Working in those projects has given me the experiences and confidence to perform the required responsibilities for the position. I am proactive, hardworking,, detail oriented, a team player, can work under pressure. I support and actively participate in knowledge sharing. I can work with minimal supervision and can analyze/solve problems if needed. I apply "lessons learned" from previous projects to current ones and I intend to apply them on future projects.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no Overtime
Was an ok job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 January 2018
The boss and management were wonderful people to work with, and a few customers were absolutely great.
However a lot of equipment needed to replaced, our store is literally fall apart. Some customers were less than ideal but maybe they were not having a good day. some were just scammers and crooks so... its fine. all in all it was a fairly enjoyable work experience.
Very productive.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Rivers State25 January 2018
They were so nice to me and they helped me throughout my stay because it was an internship. It is a very nice place to work in and I recommend them to anyone.
Hoped to end my career at Shell
Business Analyst/Service Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
Shell was a great company to work for and the 15 years that I was there I learnt a great deal and experienced many great opportunities. It was very unfortunately that my position was removed.
Productive and fun place for working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2018
I enjoyed alot by working there. My co workers were too good and we just build a healthy environment with each other.We all support each other like they give me very well training.I just leave this job because it's too far from my home.
Pros
Free launches
Unique employment.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Parksville, BC17 January 2018
I look forward to the mornings.Greeting regular customers and new alike engaging in light banter.
I record information needed daily such as paper deliveries, product needed for the day or product needed for the coming week.
Other days it is receiving and stocking. Working the register, cleaning.
Having enthusiastic and supportive management and a strong connection among coworkers makes every day a pleasure.
Our customers are the best part of the job for me. I intend everyday to provide the best service I can to retain and hopefully draw new customers.
Pros
Easy atmosphere to work hard in.
Cons
None really.
Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
The work environment is not very safe and has a lot of risks. The management does not co-operate with the workers and there are no work benefits. There is also no increment in salary and the salary is very low.
Pros
Shift schedules
Cons
No increment in salary
Every day you will something from gas station
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 January 2018
Every day you will something from gas station. Billiant gas station with lots of opportunities and tasks. You will get customer experiance and how you deal with customers.
Friendly
Night shift cashier (Current Employee) –  Castlegar, BC13 January 2018
Grave yard shift
How to manage a store
friendly
Like brothers to each other
No complaints my employer is like brother to me.
No strict supervision so i love to work by my own way.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Night shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K