Shell Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Neat and Clean Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2018
In Shell, attendant has to up selling a lot about new deals, lotteries so communication skills could be improvised, It has loyalty points card called Air Miles. Which is help customers to get some discount in regular interval.
Excellent
CSR & Site Safety Leader (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 May 2018
Excellent Management.
Limited scope for promotion / growth / advancement
Salary limits after certain level.
Job Culture is good.
No benefits.
Job / life balance is good.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Limited growth & promotion
productive and impactful
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Highway 714 May 2018
Helped me become a better person and break out of my shell. Heavily helped improve social skills and interactions. Felt more then just a work place. Helped create a brotherhood.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
Job security
Excellent
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 April 2018
A good place to work.
Got a chance to enhance my Customer service skills,
Management is excellent
Work culture is good
Good party about the job is, you will meet different people every day
Really great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB19 April 2018
A typical day at work for a Friday for example would consist of receiving multiple deliveries along with my daily tasks such as organizing the cooler, making coffee, restocking cigarettes,etc. I learned a lot about my related industries such as AGLC, various vendors and companies and repair/service companies. The management was AMAZING and irreplaceable. The workplace culture consisted of lifelong bonds between employees and regular customers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with major issues such as pay-at-pump function not working for a week due to major system upgrades or the debit function not working due to a system glitch which causes us to only be able to take credit or cash. Another difficult part of my job was leaving, as I was laid off. The most enjoyable part of my job though was forming a small town bond with all the regulars I had on my shift. I had regular customers exceeding 100 and all staff members had similar numbers. We all treated them like family and hope to still see them outside of the workplace.
Pros
Free hot beverages, knowledge on airmiles offers and instore deals
Cons
Too much service needed on site by various companies
Good experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2018
Learned customer interaction.
Managed many like cleaning , money management , re-stocking , up-selling also.
No hardest part as every day was new to experience and learn
Pros
Must experience
Cons
Long tiring day
Good customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2018
• Good communication skills in dealing with customers, co-workers and employees.
• mer service and support to clients.
• Proven time managemeProvide the highest standards of professional and courteous custont and multitasking abilities.
• Managed key retail accounts such as deposits, withdrawals and bill payments.
• Demonstrate a proven ability to increase revenue through effective product promotion
service station attendant
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 January 2018
in a typical work day you are expected to keep the store clean serve customers both outside and inside the store, wash windows pump fuel and check vehicle fluids and top them off if needed.
Pros
reliable work schedule and regular 8 hour shifts
Cons
no lunch break
See comments below
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
Work/life balance is good. Some employees take advantage. Morale needs to be brought up. Employees going through job postings continually does not help the morale.
Parttime Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (FULL-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
Even tho it was a part time job working at a gas station for shell. If you have the right management to work with you enjoy your work a lot. This is the case that I had and I enjoyed by time while working there and never had any issues at all.
Pros
Free Car washes
Cons
No Cons
Productive, fast-paced
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 September 2017
I enjoy working there, there's always something to do. Never a dull moment, always get to learn how to deal with different kind of customers.A nice place for people to work at.
I choose it as I was student and need part time work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Comox Valley, BC13 August 2017
I liked to work here but It didn't provides me growth. I was flexible, good working environment, near from my home. I liked my supervisor. He was a nice guy. Always helped me.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not growth in career
More communicative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 June 2017
I worked for Shell around 7 months and my overall journey of Shell was prey good. While working in the Shell, I enhanced my communication skills and leadership skills.
Hard work
Customer service oriented Security and Safety (Former Employee) –  KW8 June 2017
It is your own business and put lots of time and money in the business. You should be ready any time to go to work.
Yes, you can make money and no live.
Shell
Site manager and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 January 2017
Great company. Learned a lot.
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Great Co-Workers,supervisors and managers.
A day at Woodland Park Shell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC12 November 2016
A typical day starts with emptying garbage bins, making coffee for the customers and making sure supplies at the pump are sufficiently stocked. Through out the day handling money transactions, helping customers and stocking shelves is the better part of the duties. At the end of the day inventory has to be made, the store floor must be mopped, the bathroom cleaned and the pumps wiped down to be ready for the next day.
Improvement as a person as-well-as Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Good working environment
Co-workers were helpful
Most enjoyable part was greeting customers and talking with them
I learned how to be responsible and co-operative by working here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing Free
enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
This was my first job in canada,I learn communication skills,Nice manager and coworker.Always ready to help.I got numerous WOW from head office.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Timing
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 May 2016
I get very less chance to work here due to schedule problem but how much time i a have work was quite good. Managers were good and learn lot about Canada's culture and lots more of experience facing many problems.
The great outdoors
customer service (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON28 April 2016
The best part about my time as Shell was being able to sit outside and enjoy the summer when we were not busy. Working the car wash allowed a lot of outdoor time as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K