Shell
Coronavirus update

Shell Pay & benefits reviews: Cashier

Cashier121 reviews
Canada121 reviews
I worked the 4-12 shift. I got one raise every year, .25. They are all franchised so I may have had a bad manager. It was mundane when it wasn't busy.
In my time the manager and the owner are really good to us as there worker. The hours and the salary is fare enough. But in 2015 the management is change and the owner is different now.
Very easy and flexible work, easy people to work for and they are very flexible with hours. Would be perfect for somebody trying to attend college or other schooling
The manager treated everyone as disposable, the job was too mind-numbing, especially for a minimum wage job with absolutely no benefits. Do not recommend working here.
It was a very good place to work and the environment was very relaxed and you may need to work alone at some locations which can sometimes be a little bit overwhelming but overall everything is good. They do tend to keep the same two or three people working all the days so depending on your location and your need you may not get the hours you want and the number of hours.
The job at shell is pretty good. The store has got it's own well defined layout and structure. The management is good and is friendly to all the employers.
Pros
Free coffee
overall experience was good and i had to quit just because of school pressure.
the shifts were 8 hrs long and i had to do work like main was handling customers and keeping store clean.
Pros
friendly environment and nice people.
Cons
no extra benifits
easy job with no benefits, and no advancement and no carrier.
if u looking for advance yourslef and want a good carrier. this jobs are not for u. but if u dont want to grow urself then this job is good fit for u
Pros
easy job
Cons
no carrier
Honestly, it was really decent as far as min wage jobs go. Simple, easy. But, then we got bought out and laid off a week before Christmas. Independent ownership is pretty unreliable, it seems.
Very stressful, not sure what all to say, it pays my bills... learnt new things like lotto and how to fixs things on the pumps. Always something to do
i work in the shell Canada last year in the gas station in the night shifts as much i have been working there the store is not busy at all in the night time and i don't have any opportunity to learn anything.
Pros
not too much much rush
Cons
less salary
It was great fun with different responsibilities.
I worked their continuously 16 hours in one day, that was amazing experience for me.
I was learned the things that how to deal with different customer with soft spoken skill.
Pros
Free lunch time
Cons
Lunch time is not payed and it was after or before shift time.
I enjoyed alot by working there. My co workers were too good and we just build a healthy environment with each other.We all support each other like they give me very well training.I just leave this job because it's too far from my home.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
The work environment is not very safe and has a lot of risks. The management does not co-operate with the workers and there are no work benefits. There is also no increment in salary and the salary is very low.
Pros
Shift schedules
Cons
No increment in salary
Very good company to work for.Friendly staff and co workers.They acknowledge your good hard work.They appreciate their employees as well as respect.And they offer g
full benefits.
Pros
Full benefits
Handling money with customers as a cashier
Not good scheduling for employers (no fix schedule)

unloading packages from inventory

Working with your co-workers to solve problems

no benefits for longterm employers
Pros
Communicating with customers
Cons
Schedule, long hours, not good disability accommodation
Work by yourself, have a RFB booklet you are supposed to do during the shifts, yet alot of employees failed to do so. Training needs to expand beyond the counter so that the store remains clean and product on shelves are rotated. You couldnt call in sick because they had no one to be back up. Had no concern for employee safety when didnt feel safe. No Raises given at all even if theyre employed for more then 3 or 4 years, There is no advancement, if offered to be trained in something higher up it has no increase in your wage and your basically doing it so they have less work to do
Pros
Work by self
Cons
no appreciation, benifeits, not steady hours
I have learnt a lot from this job. Management is really good and helpful. Usually i have to stand at the counter for payments or serve people on full-serve station.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
no breaks
i like to deal with customers . I feel that job is fun creating and i never bore at work.as we all know all days are not good we have some prepay pumps which need to pay before pump the gas sometime customers getting late to reach their destinations, so they become frustrated and start fighting with us . We try to calm down the residents and sometime we offer complimentary coffee or slush to them.i won mystery shopper last quarter and he gave me $ 25 gift card i felt happy that day
Pros
free coffee or tea
Rarely get breaks, no part-time worker benefits, no raises. Able to get shifts off on short notice. Easy to switch shifts and pick up shifts. Nice workers. Shifts were long.
the owner/ manager was very nice they are good people to work with and are very good at training you if needed. great benefits too
Pros
good work
Cons
long bus ride