Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

Found 1,169 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,480 reviews

Career Development and Progression

Shell Nigeria Contract Staffs are not well paid.With the current rise in dollar now.There is no defined career development and progression for CNs none.Compromise in Asset Integrity Management

Would love to do it again

It was an awesome experience, great people and nice equipment They looked after you had lots of fun there was room for you to take advantage of moving forward with this company found the bosses were very approachable.

Pros

People

Cons

Long days

Fun and fast-paced work place

I love working at shell it's a gas station in the middle of the dryden and Kenora highway so this store gets so busy because of that my time at work goes really fast. And I have a friendly staff and major part is the ambience inside the store like the wooden finishing and it attracts more customers.

Chaos himself is a “Chaos”

There are some unsuccessful people in the area who are trying to bring our business down. Because of they don’t have capability to do better in life so taking time to talk bad things about my management and my beloved coworkers. Thanks to God that those people are not my co workers anymore. The environment smells good now. Don’t want to see those people again even though they will follow us all the time. That’s their peace of mind.To write about my work, I can say that I love doing my job and we all are working hard to grow together. Management and Franchise, they do work harder than us to make our life easier. Can not expect a better working environment. Full of nice coworkers!! Ready to welcome nice people in future.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, free beverage and flexible schedule

Cons

very busy sometimes.

Best people I have ever worked with

A very well organized management. Always take pride at my work. Very friendly co-workers. Management always do care about my family time by giving the requested days off. I would say I am glad to be a part of this team. Plenty of opportunities to grow. Best part of being here is everyone is equally respected. Nice and clean working environment. It is now so easy to write negative review against your workplace. We had that so called "Chaos" coworker who is now spreading rumors against my workplace. We are blessed that we got rid of some frustrated and depressed snakes.

Pros

Free drinks and non political environment.

Cons

Working alone in afternoon shifts.

Safety Culture and Quality Control is Outstanding

Shell Canada Products is a well established organization that offers outstanding benefits and opportunities for those that adopt their well established mission statement. A first class company to build a solid future with.

Pros

Outstanding Employee Benefits

Cons

Decision making time can be long and drawn out at times

Chaos

I don't get paid for overtime anymore, to put it in a lighter sense the manager would take out frustrations and scold the staff and the staff would ask the franchisee about it with the only response to it being that we are doing great. Almost consistently weekly my schedule would be changed without my knowledge, printed and then penciled over, there are NO BREAKS the franchisee himself mentioned that the job "is a break". I put in my two weeks notice this week because the atmosphere here is so draining and stressful and mismanaged it is Impossible to enjoy working in that environment any longer. Forced to hold bodily functions daily working solo shifts, with no staff washroom. And constantly training and losing replacent staff.

Pros

Free slush coffee and tea, freidnly coworkers

Cons

Toxic environment, no staff washroom, management, cleanliness and organization

Great management/employee relationship.

Excellent company to work for with fair pay and excellent benefits package and outstanding perks (ie. one lieu day off per month and three weeks vacation to start)

Pros

Subsidized lunches, standard office environment and regular social activities. Married couples could both work there.

Cons

No overtime pay for the admin staff and frequent restructuring = job loss

Very good job and you get lots of new things. And you get experience To meet different types of people as well as you know how to do better business.

Fun and healthy support coworkers

There is Healthy environment in shell and lots of knowledge about the culture of different people. Get to know various changes in prices of different products and services.

Pros

Free food

Jobs at Shell

See more jobs

Company Can Do Better

With the advancements in technology, using windows 98 is not the way. We need to be quick there, but the Point of Sale system is a huge drawback. The cameras does not even record at 30fps, how are we supposed to keep track of certain activities?

Pros

xD

Cons

No value for enoloyees

Nice environmental place to work we can learn new things everyday and dealing with customers will give u more energy and see what they like and don’t like

Would recommend to anyone who works hard

I quickly learned one thing working at Shell. If you are always willing to improve, learn, and work hard, you will very likely succeed with this company. I am trained in both cash and maintenance for maximum versatility. I recommend asking them to train you in both cash and maintenance so you can be more of an asset to them. I would say that is a big reason I am so successful here. I also would suggest having 24/7 availability so you can pick up more hours if you want to.

Pros

Chill environment and coworkers, low-stress, easy to succeed if you try

good pay, not great otherwise.

the compensation is the best aspect. otherwise, its like kind of an authoritarian regime. (the original word i tried to use was disallowed which speaks to my very point.) think globalism surrounding you every day at work. job security is good.

Worked with good team of people who knew their jobs and were mostly easy to get along with

Most of the team were easy to get along with and although I am no longer with Shell I have kept in touch with many of the people. There were a few people that were in positions that they were not suited for and others being groomed for further advancement and not being able to put the time and effort needed to the position but overall the project team was cohesive and respectful, doing what was needed to keep the project on tract.

Pros

Good team building, excellent compensation, respectful and family friendly

Cons

Highly competitive for positions, sometimes not clear on expectations and directions.

Easy going good pace work

Good place to work, but not a career. Easy work, fun employees, boss was great and owners. Lots of ability to schedule around other appointments. So very convenient

Pros

Great boss, co workers are nice

Cons

Not great pay

A productive and great place to work

A typical day is one the always changes positively. I learn at least one thing a day. Management is great work with and are open to new ideas. Workplace culture is positive and makes me want to be better at my job. The hardest part of the job is calling it job, I feel good about being there. If I had a choice to be there.... I would take in a moment

Pros

Staff are great and the contractors are wonderful to work with.

Cons

No cons

Malheureuse fin

J’ai travaillé chez Shell pendant plus de 9 mois dans le but d’acquérir un poste de gestion. Ma gérante, étant une amie en dehors du travail, a préféré donner le poste a sa meilleure amie qui selon moi était loin d’être qualifiée avec aucune ancienneté. J’ai du démissionner je dirais même de forces. J’adorais mon travail je me sentais a ma place les clients étaient ma nouvelle familles.

Pros

Les clients

Cons

La gérante

Was a very great atmosphere and respectful people that seemed to help if I was in questiong

Work was great! People were very polite! They were available for questioning! They were there if help needed! Would work there again if I had an interview! So if they text me! I would be there!

Pros

Free coffee! Was left alone to do my job! No one standing around watching me!

Cons

Having to wear full gear in a office building

Productive and goal oriented environment

Overall wonderful organization to work for. Shell Canada Albian Sands, provided room for growth and has a team spirit. Management provided the utmost in training and support to all their employees.

Shell needs to practice what they preach

Beware If you are male and a female makes accusations of any kind you will be terminated without even an opportunity to speak to someone about it. Accused murderers and serial killers have more rights than a male working at Shell

Pros

great pay

Cons

no life as a contractor as you do the work of all the Shell employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3K