Shell

Canada1,226 reviews

Found 1,226 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,046 reviews
canadaalbianstationoilsafetypumpcustomercash

Long and odd

Overall fine work but super touchy and odd bosses. Will ask you to come in be it a snow storm or the store has no power. Shifts are solo exclusively so you better hope you get a slow spot to use the washroom

Ok workplace.

Lot's of work charge for amount of employees. It was a busy corner so constant work with clients and meeting the employer needs around the establishment.

Insights into Shell

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Overall good experience

Really good experience working at Shell, would have liked to have seen more opportunities for movement with contractors into full-time positions with the operations department as well as within the maintenance.

Not fun working here

Suggest others not to work here because of poor management and wage as well as no liability for their employees. They really don’t care about you, they are after money only

Pros

No benefits

Cons

Too many to explain

World class company to work for

Fantastic company to work for. Well paid, management care, plenty of opportunity to advance, great work/life balance. Good holidays. Overall the best company I have worked for.

It was a great experience working with Shell. I didn't leave Shell because I was tired. Rather, I left because it was the right time for me to leave.

I had a nice experience working with Shell.Again, it was a great experience working with Shell. I didn't leave Shell because I was tired. Rather, I left because it was the right time for me to leave.

Great compensation and opportunities to evolve.

Best working experience of my life. Would do it all over again. Had the opportunity to travel globally and work in the USA. Regular promotions to a wide array of jobs, great mentorship and by far the best managers I have ever had the pleasure of working for and with. Generous compensation and an even more generous retirement package. If you ever have the opportunity to work for Shell, do not pass it by.

Pros

Amazing opportunities to move and grow.

Cons

Have to leave town and laptop behind otherwise end up working while on vacation

Positive environment

There is a lot of encouragement in the workplace to succeed. Managers are willing to help with any issues that may require more attention. They will train you in any areas you require.

Good

Not bad for a freshi but some customers are very rude so be prepared for it while there also are a few good ones but 1 bad customer is enough to spoil the mood

Good part time job to find a better one

This job is only a job. Not a career. They don't give me more hours and I'm stuck doing part time. The good thing about being part time is that I can look for a full time carreer while still being able to put some food on the table.

Pros

Free coffee or slushie

Cons

Hours and flexibility

Great place to learn and grow

Enjoyed working with different diverse teams. Be prepared to adapt to varying models in management. Overall pleased with the open workplace culture, type of work and friendly coworkers.

bad company

bad company i dont reccomndate anyone to work there

travail bien

bonne compagnie en general je ne travaillais pas pour la compagnie directe j etais comme sous tratant

cool

I worked at night so it was fine for the most part. people are nice, the manager is slightly dodgy but acceptable. most of the customers don't know it's prepayment at night so they get frustrated when you tell them.

Pros

free food

Cons

got to get down and dirty to clean the store

Good part time job good management good wiener good company enjoyed my part time work there will still work part time after a full time job I short a good company

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

No cons

A really rewarding place to work with plenty opportunities for personal growth.

Shell is a really structured company with a great set of Organizational Process Assets. There is an abundance of SOPs, and world-class projects and activities to get involved in with guidance from very knowledgeable technical experts.There is also the agile culture that is encouraged across the company. This enables individuals to demonstrate leadership qualities at all levels of the company.

Pros

opportunity to get international experience through expat asignments

Productive and organized workplace

I worked in shell gas station for almost 5 months and to be honest this was my first ever job I've had in Canada. Mostly the staff over there was so friendly and i gained knowledge related how to deal with customer and promote our deals. Shell gas station is usually very clean and have fresh stuff to provide their customer.

Unhealthy Competitive Environment

I gained many great colleagues and co-workers but the global scale of the organization inhibited the overall ability to build solid trust when they continued to have re-orgs.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Good and bad

Like any big company, you have the pros of a higher wage, good benefits, ability to move around to other groups/roles, days off. It was great when I started, 20 years later - my job had been offshored 4 times which meant trying to find another role each time ...that was at risk of later being offshored. No job security, constant state of stress but output expectations were increasing daily

Pros

Good pay, benefits, vacation (if you can take it)

Cons

Expecting more and more from less and less people. Constantly offshoring jobs, no job security

Good Workplace but constant reorgs make staff nervous

Was a good place to work but yearly reorgs continuously add panicked feeling to staff, having to reapply for your current role isn't good for morale. Management was good.

Good Learnings of Decipline and cleaniness

Overall good experience. Decipline toward work is important in this organisation. But i felt that i didn't get enough pay compare to work i did. Workplace culture is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement