Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

Found 1,156 reviews matching the search
Most of the team were easy to get along with and although I am no longer with Shell I have kept in touch with many of the people. There were a few people that were in positions that they were not suited for and others being groomed for further advancement and not being able to put the time and effort needed to the position but overall the project team was cohesive and respectful, doing what was needed to keep the project on tract.
Pros
Good team building, excellent compensation, respectful and family friendly
Cons
Highly competitive for positions, sometimes not clear on expectations and directions.
the compensation is the best aspect. otherwise, its like kind of an authoritarian regime. (the original word i tried to use was disallowed which speaks to my very point.) think globalism surrounding you every day at work. job security is good.
Good place to work, but not a career. Easy work, fun employees, boss was great and owners. Lots of ability to schedule around other appointments. So very convenient
Pros
Great boss, co workers are nice
Cons
Not great pay
A typical day is one the always changes positively. I learn at least one thing a day. Management is great work with and are open to new ideas. Workplace culture is positive and makes me want to be better at my job. The hardest part of the job is calling it job, I feel good about being there. If I had a choice to be there.... I would take in a moment
Pros
Staff are great and the contractors are wonderful to work with.
Cons
No cons
J’ai travaillé chez Shell pendant plus de 9 mois dans le but d’acquérir un poste de gestion. Ma gérante, étant une amie en dehors du travail, a préféré donner le poste a sa meilleure amie qui selon moi était loin d’être qualifiée avec aucune ancienneté. J’ai du démissionner je dirais même de forces. J’adorais mon travail je me sentais a ma place les clients étaient ma nouvelle familles.
Pros
Les clients
Cons
La gérante
Work was great! People were very polite! They were available for questioning! They were there if help needed! Would work there again if I had an interview! So if they text me! I would be there!
Pros
Free coffee! Was left alone to do my job! No one standing around watching me!
Cons
Having to wear full gear in a office building
Overall wonderful organization to work for. Shell Canada Albian Sands, provided room for growth and has a team spirit. Management provided the utmost in training and support to all their employees.
Beware If you are male and a female makes accusations of any kind you will be terminated without even an opportunity to speak to someone about it. Accused murderers and serial killers have more rights than a male working at Shell
Pros
great pay
Cons
no life as a contractor as you do the work of all the Shell employees
Loved working there for about a year until new management took over! When management switched over we were given the option to stay... new management was woefully unprepared to take over, new store managers that were put in place had little to no experience. Favouritism was very apparent. Some employees who called in sick had hours cut, whereas people that were friends with new management would no-show and not face any repercussions.
The Hiring Manager, Store Supervisor and the owner of the gas station were really great people and helped me a lot during my time there. I would like to work in such a facility in future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shell?
I was a cashier to manager within a year of working there at the age of 22. The owners appreciated my dedication to the job, but didn't feel I was getting paid enough for the position I was in.
Pros
Gained so much experience and self confidence
Cons
Little pay
Shell was a great company 10 years ago, but unfortunately this changed. They prefer to cut higher job groups rather than keep knowledge people in their position. They have lost a ton of valuable people...
Pros
Performance bonus once per year used to be good!
Cons
Toxic environment
J'y ai pas beaucoup travailler, mais l'expérience est intérèsantes et enrichissantes
Pros
Slush donner
Cons
Besoin d'un bonne forme physique
Aucun commentaire a faire sur les heures travaillées
I am satisfy with my job. i really love to perform the all tasks of job. At the end, i would like to say that i have great experience. I always enjoy what i have did.
Never again in an oil company. The recent chabges in management and vompany culture put a huge stress on workets. Most people were under constant stress of losing their job any time and no clear vision from management.
I just didn't like it their. I find them unfair. They will give you time off when you need it but instead of telling you where went wrong and moving on and if you fo it again. Then giving you a change. They hired their own people .
Stocked store merchandise in organized and efficient manner following Shell planograms and operated a cash register for cash, debit and credit card transaction with 100% accuracy
Owner inappropriately harasses the workers. Underage workers are not safe from customers, or owner's, harassment. Very cliquey workplace with poor leadership and training.
Loved working as a cashier for Shell but it was very difficult to keep the boss happy, did all i can do that was suppose to be done but loss my job due to hiring immigrants from India it was not acceptable by me as it was illegally done.
Excellent company to work for. I worked there for four years and never had any problems. I would still be working there today except for the drop in
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
Excellent company to work for
  1. Employee reviews