Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

Canada1,193 reviews

Found 1,193 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,726 reviews

good

overall the company is great with regards to money, time off, work life balance. They could do a better job with feedback to underperforming staff overall

It's alright

Very independent and you can learn alot. You won't have anyone with you so if something goes south you have to deal with it yourself. At times it can be challenging majority of the times it can be alright.

Insights into Shell

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Great benefits and good work life balance. However, reorg every 1-2 years

Good work life balance and high caliber of staff members. Safety if number 1 priority and great processes in place. Sad to see the diminished footprint in Canada.

Competitive salary, management competent, liked all coworkers. Offshoring many jobs and moving many to Houston.

Was at Shell for over 10 years. From what I saw, and discussed with many employees, they merged with a lot of the groups in the US and our bonus pool got diluted. They also started selling off most Canadian assets and off shoring many of the positions. I took a voluntary package and left.I liked almost all of my coworkers and the management team. Salary and bonus very competitive. I enjoyed working there until shortly before I left. No real complaints.

The regular customers made it bearable.

Management/owner was a complete jerk. One day he was your best friend, the next yelling at you for nothing. We are expected to do 10hrs worth of work in 6hrs BY YOURSELF. Aka you're the only one in the station. God forbid you have to stock the cooler and it's busy. My location had a steady set of regulars that made it bearable. They were amazing.

Working for Shell is the best job experience that I had.

Professionalism is the best word that I can describe the work environment we had. From the management to the employees, everyone are matured and well mannered.

Good summer job

I worked at the Bentley shell when before it came esso. I pumped gas and filled propane tanks. It was a good first job for the summer and being small town it could become very busy trying to keep up with the customers

Productive and professional

Team environment with professional instruction and friendly family atmosphere. Great leadership and knowledgeable Supervision working in a Safety oriented work place.

Shell gas station

Loved working there until the recent manager got hired there. Worked there for 7 years. Went on a leave for Personal reasons and was told I’d have my morning shifts back and 40hrs a week and the new manager wouldn’t give me my position back and only part time hours. So yeah that was very unfair in my opinion. Clearly 7 years working there, not to mention the second longest worker there got treated as if they didn’t care about all the hard work and time I spent there over there years.

Wonderful company

Really great company and staff. Managed a small team there with a great boss. Was very well ran. Really enjoyed my time there. Worked full time 40 hrs a week.

Management is in wrong hands.

They won't give you stat Pay if you work on holiday such as Christmas, new year's. Worst management. They will ask you to do what so ever they want and they even ask you to pay for drive off which cannot be tolerated at any circumstances.

Collaborative work environment

Shell provides a good learning opportunity. Any other company I worked for after Shell is on much lower level in terms of quality and competency of management and collaborative work environment.

Productive and fun workplace

Good place to work and great management, overall experience was really good and a great experience in retail and managing, all time was amazing, very happy that I worked there

Good atmosphere, leadership encouraged you to expand knowledge base.Workplace culture was really good. Collaborative environment, everyone helped each other through process issues.Hardest part was the call out schedule-but they did support a good work/home life balance

Very busy store, keeps you always on your feet

Long hours of work, lots of anti-social people in town, management doesn't care that employees' have life outside of work place.Dealing with management was hardest part.

Pros

Nice and quick helpline support

Fun work place

Don’t work here, no raise no benefits no career. Only one person works per shift. They can pay you less then minimum pay if they can. Customer are very rude and terrible.

Pros

Non

Minimum wage

Shell is Shell. You get paid minimum, so just do what they ask of you, and you will be fine. It's a job. that's it. A job that you show up,, do, and then leave.

Pros

Money

Cons

Low pay

Best place to work

Best company I’ve ever worked for. Very competitive pay and benefits, many opportunities for career growth. Value their employees, even when business in downturn and layoffs required - very supportive helping you in the next chapter in your career.

Pros

Benefits, salary, career growth

Cons

Volatile industry subject to economic downturns (= layoffs).

It is A good company to working for.

Good place .if you have stepped the company development, you will have better opportunities. Colleagues come from different nation and different culture, and they are all respectful .

Good for a basic job.

Typical gas attendant job. Training was easy for most of the basic things. Owner/Management helped with anyone who wanted advancement. Good job if you like serving many customers in a single day!

Pros

Work Life balance Staff

Cons

Disgruntled customers

No safety for staff

Working in shell gas station is very poor. No safety for workers. Management considering only customers and their priority. Not considering staff and their safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement