Shearer's Foods, LLC Employee Reviews

Highly recommeded
Full Time Packer/ General Help (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OH 4464615 June 2019
you can pull in a lot of cash working here as a temp you get 750.90 dollars every week, if you work everyday, when you get hired in you can make even more. aslong as your fit for it you can buy that house you've you have always wanted and more.
Pros
Money making
Cons
Not for every one
Low pay, high stress
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OH5 June 2019
old outdated systems that have a lot of problems.
Management didn't want to move to newer technology.
expect you to do things outside of your job title with no training.
Hot fast paced factory
Packer (Current Employee) –  Brewster, OH4 June 2019
Job reminds me of a rough experience I had at Sterilite. Very similar. Long hours, fast paced repetition. I like job for most part but my body is not adjusting to the physical demands. Very hot, get water breaks but you have to be relieved to get water. Breaks are short but paid. You have to be fast, which I’m not. Can’t really make friends either. Feel socially isolated at times. It’s enough that I can’t stand to eat potato chips.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
short breaks, hot factory
work at sherers
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ1 June 2019
my supervisor changed shifts n put the lad from inventor that was on r crew to b the load planer n she wasnt fit for it she is why i quit wish i never
Pros
they treat u right as long as theres a supervisorwho can resolve problems
Cons
very strict on attendentce
The job
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Brewster, OH31 May 2019
It is not hard but you work 12 days and then you get 2 days off in the summer time,no air conditioning,there is a lot of overtime and you get forced to work it.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management doesn't care, short breaks, to much overtime
Good place to work.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Newport, AR31 May 2019
This is a good place to work. I'd like to go back to work here. The pay is good. The hours are great in the summer, but slow down some in the winter. Overall, I liked my job here.
Fast paced but a fun place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  West Burlington, IA29 May 2019
If you like working in a fast paced environment this job is for you they don't provide uniforms right away, but do after 3 months of being there. I would recommend working there they have great benefits especially if you have a family that you have to provide for and they do give raises accordingly meaning if you show up do your job you'll get a raise after 3 months of being there then I believe 6 months, but I'm not 100% sure.
Pros
Paid lunches and great people to work with
Cons
Can't leave for lunch
Good place to work if you are a work junkie
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 May 2019
Not to bad of a place to work, just the bosses are not the best and no matter what you do it is always your fault, it get very warm in the summer and when you take a heat break, that's if you can they watch you like a hawk
Pros
Cons
A little
Too much mandates
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OH16 May 2019
12 hour shifts. It wouldn’t be too bad but they mandate overtime a lot. If you are looking for an insane amount of overtime, apply today. If you want work /.personal life balance, then think twice. The majority of people I worked with are awesome and teamwork is a priority. I had a awesome supervisor and a awesome trainer.
Pros
The employees are awesome, on the Green Day shifts
Cons
Too many 12-hour mandates
Management sucked
Packing associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, PA15 May 2019
The management expect you to move fast to the point where they don't care if you get hurt doing it or not. They only care about the company and getting product out not their employees well being.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Its hot place in the summer
Regional sales manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA10 May 2019
Loved every minute working for Shearers 20 yrs were the best of my life! All the people were fantastic from the ceo on down. All my boss have been great in there own ways
Pros
The people
Cons
Good work environment and laid back work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IA9 May 2019
My work days were pretty laid back. The team work was awesome very helpful on getting things done. The supervisor was good at helping you do your job correctly. They tault the proper way to clean and sanitize the whole facility. I really had a great experience at Shearer's
Pros
Liked the hours flexibility
Cons
Hot in the summer
Machines are old. Not very knowledgable co-workers. Political bull
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ13 April 2019
Management expectations are unreasonable. Co-workers putting each other down behind their backs, including managers, which is where it all begins. No teamwork or taking responsibility for their actions. Pass the buck as one might say. Supervisors are not knowledgeable in the operation of machines.
Pros
Nothing more than any other company offers
Cons
See review
This job is great.
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Perham, MN13 April 2019
The pay is amazing, but the long hours on your feet can take a toll on your body. The workers there all work together as a team to meet a common goal. It can be stressful at times, but overall it's a great job.
Slave house
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VA31 March 2019
I’ve worked for this company several times in the past through temp agencies, first when it was Moore’s than again when it was Snack Alliance. I applied several years later when it became Shearer’s through the company, got hired on and worked there for 6 months. Word of advice don’t work here if you have minor back pain.. I worked all but 2 hours of my shift one night because I was working 8pm til 8am. I had to leave early, the next day I was told not to come back, this was back in 2017. I tried applying 2 years later but they would refuse to hire me back. Do yourself a favor and run the other way when it comes to employment.. this company speaks for itself, they wonder why they can’t keep anyone.. they have a very high turn over rate. And Shearer’s Chips is literally a joke do not work here unless you want to be a slave to this corporation company.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
20 minute breaks
management wasn't great
Packer (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OH25 March 2019
It seemed like there was only one manager per shift trying to manage 100+ employees. If you needed something done you'd have to ask multiple times or you'd be forgotten.
To worried about production instead of employees
Repack Line (Former Employee) –  Brewster, OH21 March 2019
Too worried about bottom line and not about supporting employees and the community. Shutting down the outlet store not only hurt employees but the community as well.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Not worried about employees enough.
Producion
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 March 2019
Pienzo que es un buen trabajo de empacadora, producción y trabajaba con descanzos gratis, y también lonche me gustaría trabajar otra vez en esa compañía.
Pros
15 minutos de descanso gratis
Cons
Luncheon gratis
Great place if you really need a job
Packer and Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  West Burlington, IA12 March 2019
Shearer's foods overall is not a bad place to work but is not for everyone. It's a very fast paced environment but has many opportunities for advancing.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Not that great
Packer; Breaker Wheel; Machine Tech Break (Current Employee) –  W Burlington, IA7 March 2019
Typical day at work: Clock in. Go to your own positions. Being a packer depends on which line you have been assigned to. Machine operators need to check with their supervisor if they have changeovers.

What I learned: Learning every type of machine does not give you an increase and they will use you more.

Management is really bad. Most if not all supervisors/team lead are only in the office and barely comes out and they are always on break most of the time.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with lazy people.
Pros
3 breaks. 15mins 20mins 15mins
Cons
Back breaking work