Shaws Hotel Employee Reviews

3.7Pay & Benefits
4.3Job Security & Advancement
This job is a great job.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Brackley Beach, PE10 November 2014
A typical day starts with opening the office. Making up the Ladies List which gives the housekeeping section a list of stays and leaves for the day. We also do a dining list which gives the dinning room/kitchen a count for the evenings dinner guests. After that we set out the bills for the days leaves. We accept payments for breakfast bills and dinner bills. We rent out kayaks and canoes and bikes. so we look after this as well. Part of our job also entails dealing with customer questions about the hotel, nearby attractions, boat trips etc. We also assist with faxing and sometimes computer usage by business clients needing the use of our office support.
The management is excellent. Coworkers are great, every works together very well. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of this job is dealing with cx that do not speak English.
Pros
great work enviroment, working hours are flexable, good work/family time.
Cons
seasonal
Very fun atmosphere for work.
Part-time, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Brackley, PEI24 October 2014
Washing dishes at a fast pace, along with prepping vegetables for the chefs.

First ever job taught me responsibility, being on time, commitment, and a sense for what its like to work and make money on your own.

Management was very good, friendly, cracked down when he needed to. Very good with personal requests with time off.

Co-workers were all great. But between there duties and your own would be going a mile a minute (chefs, servers, yardmen etc.) but always helpful and friendly.

Hardest part of the job was busy nights (functions, weddings, meetings, buffets) no time for funny business, head down and do your work. Keeping up a good pace. Also scrubbing food for hours that was stuck to pots, pans, plates etc.

Cutting the vegetables for the chefs was great for a little breather from the dishes. Gave a little more room for talk while working. Chefs always appreciated the help.
Pros
Eating great meals our co-workers prepared. (chefs)
Cons
Working inside on nice days, very hot.