Shawcor

Shawcor Employee Reviews

Its oil work

Well its a seasonal job blasting and coating its feast or famin anyone who has done this job knows Get on a good crew and you will do well get bounced around might as well look for a new job..

Pros

Wages

Cons

Its oil life

Penses au mieux, vie professionnelle/personnelle des employés

Faudras peut-être penser à rémunéré un peu plus les sableurs (ou un option allant dans ce sens ) vu le conditions liés au poste

Pros

Salaire/ avantages sociaux

Cons

Mauvaise relation entre gestionnaires et employés

Safety Oriented Company

Was a good company before but to much politics inside.Loyalty and your job performance doesn’t count here.If you not go along with the group of politicians just prepare when off season comes they will lay you off and keep their good friends around.

Pros

Good pay and benefits l.

Cons

Oil and gas lay off just around the corner.

Was a great job until being laid off

Shawcor is a great place to work, with lots of smart and interesting people. Safety is the top priority, so be prepared to work smart and safe. The culture is excellent, for example: BBQ lunches on Fridays and rewards for working hard.

Pros

Good salary, good people.

Cons

Getting laid off

Flexible work environment, good salary & commissions.

Good solid company with strong and engaged management team. There is an opportunity for learning and development everyday. Projects in the Petroleum, Water & Wastewater sectors all have their own unique challenges. Sales department has a great team culture.

Pros

Travel, flexible work schedule...

Cons

medium pay scales...

Hard work

Days could be grooling but we were well compensated. On good days it was fast paced on bad days a lot of standing around waiting for something to get fixed.

Pros

Money

Cons

I traveled the world while working for Shawcor. It was a great company with leading edge technology and very competent staff. There were many advancements opportunities.

Culture based company with very nice employees, when I was there.

When I worked there, it was a good place to work. The oil downturn and the shutdown of a project, because of it, was why I was laid-off. The warning signs were there and they tried to keep us on for as long as possible.Since I have been gone, they merged with another company that took over and laid-off people that were there long before I started, so it is likely not the company I remember.

Pros

Project Managers were very organized and understanding, if you kept them in the loop.

Cons

New company basically runs it now and I have heard bad things.

everything is good

i did work as a machine operator and with in short time i learn set up. due to some reason i have to move in other province. love you shawcor........

Pros

free lunch good environment. etc

Short staffed and stressful

Company needs more staff. Current staff that’s still employed are doing multiple jobs. Staff should be paid more hourly if expected to do extra tasks.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Stressful environment

Great place

Great company to work for, lots of opportunities to pursue. Can be a very fun place to work at. You tend to feel accomplished at the end of each shift. A place that keeps you busy and lets you enjoy it, can be very satisfying.

Good place to work with lots of experienced operators

ShawCor was a enjoyable place to work The many operators with experience where helpful and were always willing to answer any questions about the products and processes we ran.

Pros

Lots of employee celebrations for Long Term service, birthdays etc.

Cons

Older machinery, incomplete processes that took a while to complete, some long term employees attitudes

Love my job and most people

It's getting better.New managers seem to be trying to implement policy and making people accountable. Still some people are very 2 faced.Business has picked up lately gi ing us hope of job security. I find my wage is low.

Fun place to work

Future looking company safety oriented with interesting people culture. Diverse new equipment and new technology, very interesting to figure out optimization. Lots of work orders for maintenance, most of the time had the feeling not enough team mates available. Fair pay, especially for call in, supportive on apprenticeship schooling and lots of learning potential available. From time to time micro management

Safe working place

Productive and safe working place with a competitive salary and benefits. Fair treatment for all employees. Strict compliance when it comes to safety.

garbage

they absolutely will chew you up and spit you out, you're a number, not a human, you can make friends, and some supervisors are actually alright, but it feels more like prison than a career.

Productive and safe work placr

Working at Shawcor a typical day at work it's a safe environment place and busy. Learned a lot of being safe in a busy operation area. Management always up to date what's going on to work environment.

productive work

As of this company they always had very strong leaders and fast workers they always consider to be productive and reliable finishing work place. very strong safety.

Immature processes and not interest to improve them

I worked at ZCL for one year. During this year, i did not feel that i was a member of the team. Tons of process and system improvement opportunities but their management and the team is not willing to change anything. I was happy to leave this place.

Horrible management

No communication. Not given the proper tools for the job. One gets very little information to complete jobs properly. The higher ups criticize, while giving very little guidance.

Fun

Started there at entry position , its great to be there . I have not complains. Any new blood can try it out. Its great place to start and make your experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shawcor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement