Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

good not great
National Business Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 March 2018
we are under paid for the amount of abuse we take in almost any role at the company

good benefits not much else

business is the best place to work but even that is a joke
Shaw
National Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2018
Great company to work for. Enjoyed what I did and the people I worked with. Lots of room to grow and a lot of technical training was provided to us so we could succeed in our roles.
Great Company but every department has its Pros and Cons
National Business Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 March 2018
Worked at Shaw for 15 years. Started in Residential found the hours all over the place so hard to have a life outside of Shaw the pay was good. I moved over to the Business Team and loved the hours had more time to plan and be with my family but way more stressful. It is hard to go on holidays and not think about work. You have quotas and you must meet them even when you are on vacation. This was the only thing I didn't like. Shaw is a very good company to work for. I recommend them for sure to anyone who wants to work here. Every department has its pros and cons so depending on you and your lifestyle, it will depend on what department you want to work in. Sales is always more stress but you make the most money.
Pros
Benefits and Pay 3 weeks holidays to start
Cons
some departments work around the clock
Great workplace and teammates.
Customer Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Awesome team environment that builds many friendships. Excellent training programs from hiring, and upgrading. Continual learning gives many people to move up into the company,
Pros
Stable work environment.
Cons
Too much middle management, not enough focus on individual employees
Great company to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 March 2018
I always had a great experience with all my co-workers and management at Shaw.
The benefits are great and the company show opportunities to grow.
Only downside is the unpredictable schedule.
A good place to work.
Loyalty Care Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
I enjoyed working at Shaw. A lot is expected of you, but if you work hard and do it with a smile you can get places within the company. I'd recommend it.
Best company to work for in Western Canada
Sr. ERP Developer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Barlow11 March 2018
Shaw is a great company to work for. What differentiates Shaw from other companies is its working culture. Very relaxed and a company which cares about its employees.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not many opportnities for career advancement
Excellent
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg10 March 2018
This place is an excellent place to help grow a potential career and even make some decent money, their benefits are fantastic. Their management makes some interesting decisions that dont always benefit the employees
Well compensated with high expectations
Technical Sale reprsentative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2018
Work would start as early as 07:00 and could end at 00:00 (midnight) my duties were primarily with technical support for Television, Internet, home phone service and lastly with Gateway television system.

Workplace culture was very supportive among my co-workers and support staff and supervisors. A supervisor or support member was always available to talk to if I had any problems or questions related to the job or even personal problems which might impact my performance.
Culture and Balance
National Lead - Operations Training (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2018
Through my time at Shaw, I have found that they are truly a company that cares about the well being of their employees. This is apparent from the on boarding, the training provided, leader support, and an incredible sense of work/life balance.
Great place to work.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
Everything about this company gives you a great feeling walking into work every day. Except for one thing. Your job security. I understand the structure of the company that it may go under operational changes but it's been far to many over the last 5 years.
Pros
Great hours, great benefits, culture is amazing
Cons
Job security.
Unqualified managers, corrupted system, careless
Customers Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2018
Hypocrites managers Too many lies at the recruitment and dishonest supervisors.
Very specific environment some bosses, supervisors and HR advisor in Montreal location are all from the same community a lot of favoritism.
Shawdirect give away lots of money to the charities to get credit from gouvernement but using very old and cheap system inside house because it cost nothing as themselves claimed about it.
Most managers misleading.
I have never seen such a unprofessional environment before.
Mostly on Mondays and Fridays more than 50% of employees stay home and get advantages of their great benefits.
Some age discrimination recently happened in Montreal office.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Slavery job, Too many show off, they should stop comparing themselves with other large companies, Very cheap and old system to work with, old class and old school
Very good environment to work in.
Manufacturing Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Shaw Communications because it gave me the opportunity to learn from different departments: Modems, cable boxes, and shipping and receiving. I was really challenged working at Shaw and it gave me the opportunity to work with other engineers and quality control department.
Pros
Always learning something new
Amazing benefits
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  14 Fultz21 February 2018
Fun environment
Amazing people
Games room
Good Food
This job has provided me the opportunity to move up into the company to further my knowledge and learn new things.
Great company with toxic pockets
Installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2018
Good people not getting a fair shake and disappearing. Training for IHT still leaves something to be desired. You don't become a Journeyman in 8-12 weeks. Big start up costs for IHT and micro managed by supervisors that shouldn't be in the position. Some very nice people but Toxic individuals seem to be on the rise. Amazing benefits, erratic mentoring and little job security.
Pros
Fantastic Benefits
Cons
Huge stat up costs
productive and fun working atmosphere.(one call resolution)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2018
Working at Shaw cable I learned to make an angry customer into a happy and satisfied customer before the call is ended.
All staff at Shaw are very helpful and a joy to work with . Loved my supervisors and co-workers.
I would absolutely go back to Shaw cable but they are down sizing there employees .
Pros
bonuses, incentives.
Good benefits
Customer Solutions Expert, Business (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2018
Good benefits but to many layoffs need management that knows how to actually manage people instead of sitting at their desk. Needs to be more organized
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
Always worried about layoffs
Lot of politics and favouritism ...good pay.
Customer Solutions Expert (CSE) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2018
Shaw has good work environment only if you learn how to lick the a.. Of your Supervisor and Specialist. Lot of favouritism and no job security. No matter how well you do if they like you they will keep you. If they don't they will manage you out in few seconds.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad work ethic of managers.
A great place to work but chaotic leadership and little advancement
Senior QA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
I really enjoyed the people at Shaw and it has a good environment for work-life balance.
What I don't like are there are too many executive vetos and little visibility in the company's roadmap.
Also it is easy to get silo'ed into a role and then have difficulty moving out of it.
Pros
Flexible work hours and reasonable work expectations
Cons
Little advancement and lack of insight into the company's roadmap
Fun place to work
Payment Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 February 2018
Shaw is a great place to work and have been here for 18 years.

Typical day would be extremely busy from when you log in to going home. I love the work that i do everyday.

The culture is not the same as it use to be. Not alot of staff functions.

The hardest part is getting everything done by the end of day, challenging but good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.