Shaw Communications Employee Review

View all Shaw Communications reviews

hard working for sure
TSR (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 September 2013
Having worked at Shaw I can honestly say that they are probably the worst employer I have ever worked for. All management does is criticize front end staff and in all my time there I never got one compliment for doing a good job on anything. They have a zero tolerance for any absenteeism and expect you to buy into their culture, of which they never tell you what it is. They promote work/life balance but do not practice it. If you want to work there be prepared for up to 5 different start times in a one week period and definitely don't expect to get a Saturday or Sunday off. As you will be hired as permanent part time note that your schedule is only done for three weeks ahead and good luck trying to take vacation. In this time I was there I was unable to get any vacation time as it was never available. The wages are non competitive and management is definitely incompetent to say the least.
Pros
Benefits from day one
Cons
being treated as if being under servitude with no hope of becoming free

Other Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Miserable place to work
Technical Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2018
Didn't enjoy working here - constant restructuring/reorganization, layoffs. Kinda difficult to build a long term stable career. Pay is below industry standard. Cool aid culture. Don't recommend working here.
Great team but arrogant management
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
Company says they value Balance, but after being a top sales performer, I was not permitted to take any Balance days off. I also developed an illness where I temporarily couldn’t talk, and for some reason they illegally fired me after almost 3 years. The Human Resources and Customer Care management were very inhumane and only cared about themselves. They also didn’t listen when my doctor told them to check with me if I was okay to come do alternate duties, which I was definitely too ill and fatigued to do. Fired me for abandoning my alternate duties when I was ill. Mean managers who care only about their salaries and looking good. No compassion.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Don’t expect a promotion. They use people for themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.