Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Canada1,378 reviews

Found 1,378 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,416 reviews

overall just stressful.

really was confusing, the training was super confusing and is not worth the pay based on what we need to know. If you’re someone who enjoys technical support as well as going off script this might be for you.

Pros

work from home

Cons

difficult learning

Fun place

Fun place to work with, good benefits, and good Pay if you are selling a lot of Shaw products. Time is good for someone looking for part time hours. Lots of fun activities too.

Insights into Shaw Communications

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

You'll make friends but the work is not the best

It's not what you know it's who.Buddy up with supervisors and that's how you'll get some where , bust your butt working and you'll keep doing that with little recognition.

Fast Paced Environment

Very fast work environment that forces you to stay on your toes, and learn skills quickly. It was a huge office, so navigating the office politics can be tricky, perhaps management needed to step in. A great place to work while in school!

Poor managment and goals

Poor management, poor supervisor, nice ammenities and location. Unrealistic targets good training period and people. Shifts are kinda wonkey. Awseome christmas party every year. Could use a better rewards or comission structure.

good place

flexible hours , good coworkers , good commission work life balance is good , some customers can be challenging, most people are decent some workers

Pros

pay

Cons

not much

Extremely toxic

Hiring individuals from within lacking the qualifications and emotional maturity for their roles has created a toxic environment. Management shows little interest in addressing these issues. Frequent large scale layoffs mean making extra effort is pointless. You'll be axed regardless of your merit.The pay is significantly below market. Don't bother making use of their benefits program. That will target you for termination or layoff.

Pros

Interesting technology and business area

Cons

Culture and untrustworthy management

Atrocious Employer

Don't work here, over worked under paid, zero accountability on management simply just there to demoralize and over work staff.Refusal to pay livable and reasonable wages, every employee does about two to three job descriptions worth of work no incentives or added pay, shaw will likely keep you as a contractor to prevent you from getting benefits.Management asks for sweeping wide changes changes work life balance, adds work makes everyone partake in director level change, then dismisses all ideas wastes time, creates poor policy and changes then over works staff to fix those changes. Toxic, lying, manipulative, boys club, ignorant employer.

It's a great place to work and coworkers are very friendly. You can work from home or in the office. There are many rooms to move up, and ongoing training.

good part time job. great benefits. they dont give us chairs at retail and expect us to stand 8 hours a day. Rude customers and entitled people.

might be hard to grow within the company. retail job is slow and boring when there is traffic. They dont give us chairs so that sucks. Expects us to stand for 8 hours a day smh.Commission structure has improved but can be better. Busy season is the best if you like selling.

– 20 April 2022
We are unhappy to hear this. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Our employee experience is really important to us, and we would like the opportunity to speak with you further so that we can ensure a better experience going forward. Since you are a current team member, I would encourage you to come and chat with our Employee Relations Advisory Services team at eradvisoryservices@sjrb.ca.

Leadership problems

Certain people in leadership in this role have been treating the agents unfairly and the overall atmosphere in this role is not good. I would not recommend this position to anyone currently until changes are made.

– 20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share. We’re unhappy to hear about your feelings, and we would appreciate hearing more, so we can improve things. If you feel comfortable to continue the conversation, please reach out to Employee Relations Advisory Services at eradvisoryservices@sjrb.ca so we can learn more about what happened.

good place to work

a very good place to work, very comprehensive medical benefits, Employee share purchase program: you can enroll from the 1 day onwards, matching RRSP.

benefits

Cons

RRPS you will only get after 2 years of joining date

Learning

Excellent communications company learned a lot good location fast paced free coffee good seats and facilities team builders incentives and good office

– 20 April 2022
Thanks for your feedback! People are the source of everything amazing at Shaw, and we are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience working here.

Fun workplace

It has a beautiful office with a great location. Right in the centre of downtown, lots to do and eat nearby on breaks and after work. However, there is a high sales pressure atmosphere.

Productive workplace.

The work life environemt is very friendly. The management values their employees and compensate them well. You are working with great teams. Managers are always there to help you out. Most of them have open door approach.

– 11 April 2022
Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on putting our people first, and we’re happy to hear that your Shaw experience!

Great benefits, can get hectic on the phones

Good place to work, great benefits, sometimes stressfull if talking to customers full time

This company has a diverse Team, supportive and willing to show new employees the rope.Be ready to work and be friendly. Having good communication skills will also help someone to be successful

Badly Ran and Managed

I loved my coworkers and the benefits... otherwise this is an extremely toxic workplace. They only care about their reputation in the public. They act like they want you to succeed at the beginning, but they don't unless you suck up and do your supervisors job for them. They give you rewards programs then take it away just as fast. If you have to go to the bathroom outside of a break you have to use "other time" which is 5 minutes max a day, but cause they list it as that name they legally get away with it. Payroll messes up often. If you go on sick leave they act supportive but are not, it's all for show. It's a stressful environment with lots of name calling from customers and guilt trips from management.

– 11 April 2022
Thank you for your feedback. People are the source of everything amazing at Shaw, and we are unhappy to hear about your situation. We’re all about connectivity and it sounds like you’ve experienced a pretty significant disconnect. If you’re open to continuing this conversation, please reach out to Employee Relations Advisory Services at eradvisoryservices@sjrb.ca.

Good office environment

Good office environment, always bringing in food and snacks and genuinely doing their best to keep the spirits up despite organizational changes that were outside of managements control.

Pros

Free coffee, free lunches sometimes, good benefits

Cons

Stressful, constant angry people

Productive and Easy going place to work

Good place to work overall. Central location. Team was collaborative. Benefits were good as well. Management changed hands and that is when I felt it was my time to leave.

Pretty good work life balance

Good reputation . High paste quite a bit of stress but fulfilling nevertheless, it's good to have a company with a good reputation. Sales department is stressful of course but worth it

– 11 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share. We pride ourselves on putting our people first, and we’re happy to hear that your Shaw experience has been positive during your time with us. Best wishes!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement