Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Best company i've ever worked for.
Full Time Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo BC18 September 2018
Fantastic work life balance, supervisors and management are really open books and will work proactively with you to achieve your desired goals. Above minimum wage for an entry level job, fantastic health and stock benefits.
Great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2018
Shaw communications has the best benefit for employees. great place to work anf with amazing people. always looked forward to my next shift. was alwasy happy.
Restructure has affected customer service
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2018
The downsizing has many open manager roles and due to this gap customer service and lack of direction is being experienced within the organization company wide.
Pros
People
Cons
Vision unclear
Amazing company
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 September 2018
Although I did choose to accept the voluntary departure program I saw Shaw as a life time career. It was an uplifting, innovative and rewarding company to work with. There was a lot of opportunity for career development throughout the entire company as well. I would recommend Shaw to anyone I know.
Fun place to work
Producer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2018
During it's hayday, Shaw was a great place to work. The team was young and eager. Unfortunately, that came with growing pains which caused a lot of frustration. Looking back, however, it was a great place to work.
Expectation for sales
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 September 2018
I was customer service and was expected to generate sales when i was dealing with customers that were calling in to complain and trying to retain them. Customers that were yelling angry and I saved as a customer, but then I got chastised for not selling them more services. This dept. was backward.
operational nightmaire
Regional Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2018
They pretend they care, but at the end of the day the people that have been there 10+ years will always just have each others backs. new ideas and innovation is not welcome here, they just like to copy paste and repeat.
benefits
Cons
the people
Fun, enjoyable, easygoing
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
I liked working at Shaw, however unfortunately the pay was lower than what i was desired. Great option for work while at school, as they do have flexible hours.
Great place, Great company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 September 2018
Performed BlueSky Auditing to eliminate errors prior to installation of client’s services, an efficient and economical way of providing top quality customer service Shaw is known for. great place to work at, great teams. lots to learn here
Pros
free party
Cons
too many hours
Fun work place
Costumers solutions expert (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 September 2018
Overall good environment but wasn't the right job for myself. Working from a desk and phone, and computer screen wasn't suited to me or my interests. Good culture and management overall.
Nice company to work
eCare Chat Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2018
There is no discrimination. Managers are easy to approach. Good benefits. It is easy to apply to different positions as long as you are a performer on the team
Most diversified multicultural and equal opportunity
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE REP (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2018
Shaw Tracking was the most memorable and enjoyable 15 years of journey in my service life. Great Leaders, kind, supportive and most positive minded people worked together in Shaw-Family. My division was taken over by US Company otherwise I would have never left the organization.
Family company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2018
Gave opportunities and helped me grow as an employee. Started as a customer contact and moved up to be a PM. Nice perks and benefits. Definitely worth working for
Great employer
H.R. Disability Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  From Home30 August 2018
I loved the culture at Shaw. People are employed for their skills, not their appearances or preferences. Great work-life balance. Great place if you like social awareness and be part of a community.
Pros
Feels like a big family
Cons
Many reorganizations
Stressfull Work
Customer Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2018
Too much work and pressure.
Some people are great some people are not.
minimum support from supervisors.
inequality of support
commision low already
benefits are good
Rapid change, little advancement, no culture
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 August 2018
Management changed 4 times in 2.5 years, upper management once. Each change brought new parameters to meet and new expectations of performance. Made it impossible to advance. Changing departments out of customer service is impossible without formal education in each field. No company culture to speak of, you drink the shaw Koolaide or keep quiet. Bringing up legit issues that are being overlooked in meetings can result in write ups. Constant stress and pressure. Constant reducing target KPIs.
Best thing is the benefits. Benefits are hands down amazing.
Pros
Benefits, free coffee/tea
Cons
No work/life balance, constantly changing expectations, unclear decision making on behalf of upper management, constantly rotating shift schedule
Fun Place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2018
Easy work, can be a bit redundant. Pays pretty well. Managers are accessible. Lots of fun activities and outing planned for employees. Great commision
Was fun, environment is no longer where i want to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2018
I didnt feel valued, large coorporation that doesnt care about the little people. Work life balance didnt exsist, the fun of being at work was taken away and the supervisors are bullies being bullied by their leaders. Could be good place to work if your supervisor likes you as you can then get what you want.
Poor management
Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 August 2018
Backstabbing employees a lot of favoritism: No job security no rewards for effort and hard work ; Lots of uncertainty for employees .No employee training program and lack of respect for each other
comfortable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2018
one of the best jobs I've had so far. was able to go to work and still manage to have fun with my life. wasn't time-consuming and people were great! i

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.