Shaw Communications

Working at Shaw Communications: Employee Reviews

Canada1,415 reviews

Found 1,415 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,454 reviews
centrecabletechnicalbenefitcalgaryvancouversalecanada

Fastpaced but can get stressful if you are in frontline

Fastpaced but can get stressful if you are in frontline.No stats, shift work, angry customers, managers were ok but having preset breaks can be stressful.

Proper tools not provided, constantly try to overload workdays

I worked for shaw for over 10 years. It was an amazing place to work at the start. The work was enjoyable and engaging. Management cared about problems and got them fixed.By the time I decided to leave, I didn't have the necessary tools to do my job. Supervisors would say "we'll take that offline" and wouldn't have the resources to do anything about it for us. Sales would overpromise things to customers and the products couldn't deliver. The equipment you had to install or use as replacements had issues you had no way to resolve which lead to bad customer experiences.

Pros

flexibility for time off

Cons

unable to get proper tools to complete jobs, toxic environment created by dispatch, not setup to succeed

Insights into Shaw Communications

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Very fun and rewarding career

My time with shaw is very good, great management very good equipment and tools No problem getting parts, payed time off for holidays. Payed unplanned invent days

Pros

Very good career

Cons

Pension should be better

Use to be good

To much office politics and favouritism. This company used to be a great place to work but poor management decisions cost most people to quit. Benefits and work life balance is great. Some managers are great while some just do what they are told. But the biggest thing is that lack of innovations and the ability to be competitive. Always dwells on the past

Loved the People!

Loved working with Shaw! Absolutely great people at all levels. Loved the focus on home-life balance and team players! Their programs and internal processes practice what they preach.

Excellent Company

Great company to work for! Management is always looking within ranks. Great place to grow management and sales skills. Company has a great culture and people in it.

Good and Respectful job culture

You feel that you're contributing to people's success every day. There are great opportunities for career growth while getting great benefits and a good compensation.

Best corporate culture I've ever experienced

Management went above and beyond to create a fun and dynamic work environment that made you want to perform and outdo yourself. It was a pleasure working there; I only left because of the commute that was required at the time prior to COVID.

Fall from grace

Used to be a great place to work. Slowly but surely became a horrendous work environment like any other large corporation (though they’d like you to be believe they’re still some small ma & pa company). Horrible management/leadership from the director level down, specifically in supply chain.

Fun place to work

Love working for Shaw! Great benefits, flexible schedules, monthly incentives, can’t go wrong. Chances of getting bonuses from time to time depending on your performance.

Good job

Decent job. Old schedule was great. Never worked more that 3 days in a row. Long days at times but was rewarding. Enjoyed getting sales or helping friends with what they needed for internet

Cons

Re return calls

Amazing company

Amazing company with some great leadership. Hoping that even post acquisition by Rogers, the awesome people and culture continues to thrive!Great relaxed work culture. Management cares for its employees.

Great office view, good co-workers

Like most large organizations, there are plenty of opportunities but you need to network. Compensation in telco's in general tend to be on the lower end due to the stability.

Good team members

The supervisors were always on your back about sales. Made it very stressful thinking you would be fired if you didn’t always hit your sales target. Regular meetings one on one with your supervisor almost monthly which could be a bit awkward. The schedule also was really bad and all over the place and you have to work almost every weekend. Over all though it was a great company with benefits which is how they get you to stay.

Excellent work/life balance. Lots of uncertainty due to pending merger with Rogers.

Overall this is a great place to work. However, due to current uncertainties related to the pending merger with Rogers, a lot of activities and projects throughout the environment are being put on hold. Also, hiring freeze have resulted in adding unnecessary pressure to current staff. This is even worse for those employees focused on supporting Freedom mobile. I would not recommend looking for a job in either company until the merger is being defined/cancelled.

Fun workplace

Good company but the commission structure is not so good. Everyone is very helpful. Their health insurance is really good. You have the option to purchase shares of company.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Commission is poor

Ok if you need temporary work

Good place if you aren’t interested in permanent employment. Attendance isn’t important and neither is loyalty/no sick days taken. New people get permanent over veterans. Rules differ for each person.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Unfair expectations

Pressure at work

Shaw direct pay is not bad but compared to the pressure they put on you, the pay is not fair. If you want to work as a bilingual means you talk from 9 to 5:30 from Monday to Friday non-stop, not even a second to breathe they will ask you what you were doing. There’s a lack of bilingual customer service representative but a huge number of customers

Cons

Getting calls with no right to breathe

Worst job ever

Wordt job ever. They don't recognize your work. I did some projects, I replaced my sup in some ocasions, everytime they'd ask for some volunteers for any extra job I was the first to volunteer and in 4 years it was impossible to go up in the company. I had health problems and the insurance company said it wasn't a valid reason to miss work (my docotr gave meone month off with a medical paper attesting this) and my sup tried toforce me to come in. This is why I left. Also they always offered me the worst schedule even after 4 years and added more and more workload without adjusting the salary

Pros

work from home

Cons

no family friendly schedule, underpaid, no advancement opportunities

Not good

Worked here for 3 years,Low pay, hard to get a higher positionManagement only cares about themselves and the company more than talking to the team about changes. Dispatching has bad hours now since we got a new supervisor. Overall not good workplace wouldn’t recommend.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Shift Schedule, too much work for little pay

Good working area with comfortable chairs and table for people having back pain

Shaw is one of the best employer in canada. The working space was okay and some co workers were nice. It does not have a parking facility which would take a lot of time to find a spot in the morning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement