Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Decient
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2018
Pay is above average. The benefits are good compaired to alot of places. Location is the only reason I left the company was there closing of the office in calgary.
Pros
Pay was ok compared to alot of options.
Cons
Locations // its shift work and a lack of advancement opportunity.
Work with Shaw
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2018
Shaw is good company to work with. The company provided safe environment, good policy, good pay and good benefit. They listen, care for their staff and provided courses for knowledge up to date.
Pros
Clean and safety working space
Cons
A little bit tricky with customer service policy
the people make the place
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 December 2018
Typical call center job. you'll get the good, the bad and the ugly regarding your callers. You'll end up making a ton of friends while working here and they'll be the ones who will get you through the day.
Great Employer for 17 years
Treasury Anaylst/Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2018
I truly enjoyed going to work each and every day. I enjoyed the challenges of the every day payment processing applications. Was eager and willing to help Customers with payment inquiries to avoid disruption in their services.
Great environment, welcoming corporate culture and understanding management
Fraud Analyst (Carrier Services Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2018
The company promotes an inclusive, safe workspace for all cultures, beliefs and orientations. Management is very good with transparency of decisions and direction. Constructive criticism is both given and received by management. Great benefits packages with lots of choice and the ability to personalize the levels for different things. (ie. dental, prescriptions, etc).
Do Not Work For Shaw
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2018
The worst company I have worked for did not even offer sufficient PC in first week of Training. 2 person were using one PC to perform duty. This is terrible. and after the training, Shaw canceled the projects, so I lost job. it is a waste of time. The management is the worst part. You have been warned
Pros
Free coffe
Cons
Too many.
Advancement Opportunity
Bandwidth Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 November 2018
Working for Shaw Communications for 3 years was a great opportunity as a young adult starting in the work force. I found the environment to be very positive and the leadership to be very motivating when it came to aiming for and accomplishing goals. Personally at Shaw, I was hired into 3 different departments and excelled in ever role I took on. I moved from a front line customer service representative to an agent support role and further to a position of administration. Overall I would say my experience working for Shaw was positive.
Pros
Positive work environment, Rewarding hard workers, Great benefits, Extra curricular work activities.
Cons
The work can be overwhelming.
Not to bad for work experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2018
There is an amazing work culture here at shaw. The benefit is the best. However, the schedule is terrible. You cannot work two jobs with shaw because the schedule is not stable. Sleep apner and insomnia will be a new friend to you. If you are looking for a stable schedule, never mind it is not going to work.
Fun people to work with
Technicians, Escalation management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2018
The work it self is fine. The way Shaw communicates is not.
there is no conversations with the staff as to what is going on, job security is none existent as the complete and total lack of communications form higher up is not there.
Pros
people are nice
Cons
no communication
amazing team
CALL CENTER AND SERVICE COUNTER (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 November 2018
Shaw was a lot of fun and challenging job. The support of the upper management as well as direct co-workers was amazing. There was lots of room for growth as well as amazing support to achieve goals. Shaw was amazing to me when I was going through home personal problems with my son. Thankful for my time with Shaw
Enjoyed Time at Shaw
Manager, Portfolio Delivery (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2018
Shaw was a good place to work. I'd go back there again.

My leader was fantastic and she was promoted and that is why I left the company.

The building I worked in was first class and the people were amazing to get a long with.
Pros
Easy access to get to and from work.
Cons
Siloed organization. Made it difficult to get cross functional items/projects completed.
wonderful people
Call Center Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2018
overall a great place to work and learn to be a leader at this place. I had to work weekends and they were long other than that it was a great place and I really had no complaints
Pros
great fellow employees
Cons
weekend work
Productive work place
Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2018
Great place to gain different skills and to learn how to adapt to different individuals and situations. I had the ability to learn how to manage indviduals and train them and work on projects and see them through.
Pros
Gain Skills
Cons
For me was distance to work
It was alright
Storage and Backup Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2018
its a good middle ground company. better then some, not as good as others. depending where you work, it can be amazing or bad. it all comes down to who you report to.
Great teammates and good benefits
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 November 2018
Great people to work with and it was a pleasure to be a part of some amazing team work. Decent pay and benefits.......................................
Benefits
An outstanding place to work
HR Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2018
If you want a place that values your input and allows you to earn a decent salary while providing a fun atmosphere, Shaw is for you. Hours can vary, but compensation reflects that. Management always has time for you and genuinely care.
This company gives back to the community in ways i have never seen.
the hardest part of the job was leaving.
good place
IT SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 November 2018
Nice place to work and have a job security. Good management.
The Vancouver location is pretty nice.
Just the support role is always busy.
The management tried the best but it is getting worse
Great company, no job security
Specialist - Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 November 2018
Loved Shaw, spent nine years there. Amazing people, there is a lot of opportunity if you work hard. Organizationally the company is a bit of a mess, usually 1 or 2 large re-orgs per year. They make changes, and then revert back and do it over and over again, which doesn't allow for much job security. Other then that, it's a great company to work for.
Pros
Lots of opportunity, amazing people, great benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Lack of Job Security
For a big company, it was amazing
Customer Care Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2018
I had the pleasure of working with Shaw Communications for nearly 14 years. If not for the reorganization that took place in 2015, I'm sure I'd still be there. They had an excellent product, great management, and they actually cared about providing a good customer experience.
Pros
Great culture and team atmosphere
Cons
A series of corporate restructuring ultimately led to an atmosphere of doubt and demoralization
A great place to work for the right type of person.
Manager, Customer Care Operations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2018
If you are adaptable, this is the place for you. Lots of change, but also lots of opportunity for those who see it and are willing to go for it. As a company, they are at the outset of really expanding into mobile, and are becoming better and better at finding their niche and delivering on it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.