Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Miserable place to work
Technical Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2018
Didn't enjoy working here - constant restructuring/reorganization, layoffs. Kinda difficult to build a long term stable career. Pay is below industry standard. Cool aid culture. Don't recommend working here.
Great team but arrogant management
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
Company says they value Balance, but after being a top sales performer, I was not permitted to take any Balance days off. I also developed an illness where I temporarily couldn’t talk, and for some reason they illegally fired me after almost 3 years. The Human Resources and Customer Care management were very inhumane and only cared about themselves. They also didn’t listen when my doctor told them to check with me if I was okay to come do alternate duties, which I was definitely too ill and fatigued to do. Fired me for abandoning my alternate duties when I was ill. Mean managers who care only about their salaries and looking good. No compassion.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Don’t expect a promotion. They use people for themselves.
Productive and fun work Place
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2018
Awesome atmosphere and great colleagues , amazing benifits and good compensation , Highly reccommend I will definatly miss working here. Popcorn machine , Ping Pong tables too
Communications Technician
COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
I worked as a communication technician in the city Edmonton. We were responsible for the entire cable plant and customers services. One of the best companies I have worked for.
Hard work, but good people.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 April 2018
The jobs is a 50/50 situation.
The people they hire have to be good with other people and this comes through int he culture and general friendliness of people there.
The Job itself can be very hard. People are calling when they have issues with the company or the product. It can lead to some very negative interactions with customers. I have be absolutely screamed at by people for not being able to resolve isssues over the phone, or because they have not paid bills. People are nasty when they are stressed.
On the other side of this, I have never felt job satisfaction like when I end a call after troubleshooting for hours and have sent the customer away happy.
Pros
Shaw services discounts, great benefits, flexability with schedual
Cons
Angry people, computer screen work, cubicle life
Great People
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 April 2018
I have really enjoyed my time at Shaw. I worked with a great group of people that made each day fun and memorable. Each day is different and every call is a learning experience, with the support we have here, each day is a great day.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
This was a fun and fast paced environment. Management was very engaging. Most of the staff was very cooperative and got along very well outside of work.
Workplace culture
Telephony Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
Shaw communication is a wonderful place to work with lots of things to learn and lots of people that shapes your life. I enjoyed my time working with shaw communications
Pros
reduced internet and TV subscription
Cons
shift work
Great job culture
In-Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
Great Benefits, fun exciting job. Hard to move up with in the company. Extremely high targets and confusing metrics to hit bonuses. Great support team.
Pros
Great job culture
Cons
No work life balance
Great Canadian Company
Systems Engineer - Optical Networks (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, Canada8 April 2018
Another great place to work for...amazing people, amazing culture, real technology adopting and almost everything rhymes together to make everyone feels better.
Pros
Cons
None, unless you had a bad manager
Very good benefits
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2018
The company really cares about employees by offering good benefits and if an employee need help he does not need to look for his immediate supervisor, he get help form any members of management.
N/a
Desktop Support Analyst/Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2018
This is not applicable to me. I was a contract employee. Therefore I have no opinion on the company.
I enjoyed my time there and was treated very well.
Good Company To Work For
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2018
Very fair and uplifting place to work. I would recommend it to others. The benefits and salary, plus commission, made my quality of life so much better. The management team were always helpful and supported me when I needed something done.
Fun environment with Awesome people!
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  14 Fultz Blvd27 March 2018
Typical day of work depends on the role you are in. It is hard to move up in the company.

I learned a lot about general office duties and how to speak to customers.

Good management depends on the department you are in.

Work Place culture is declining since the voluntary departure program.
Ok place to work
Enterprise Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2018
A great place to work as it is flexible with its hours, it provides and environment of growth and support and it gave experience Great staff, great team collaboration, not much room for advancement
Pros
Great team members
Cons
No room for movement
Great people and company to work for
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Have worked for Shaw for 30 years and have always been treated fairly and honestly. They have great benefit package and work culture is very relaxed and enjoyable. Would recommend anyone to work for this company. They have great people working for them.
National Business Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2018
good place to work
nice environment and building
nice view
nice people
close to skytrain
close to a lot of food places
convenient location
good work place culture
Socially responsible and cares about their employees
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2018
I've learned many skills because of this company. Invaluable information, skillsets and technical skills. My supervisor is an excellent and supportive person.
Some of the challenges that I have experienced occur with the systems at times when they go down and hamper our productivity.
I thoroughly enjoyed my constant contact with different people and places.
Pros
The benefits are outstanding
Cons
The systems could use some improvements that impact customer facing roles
Great incentives and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 March 2018
The incentive structure and benefits were great. The office building was top notch. The opportunity to move up in the company or even laterally was limited.
Going down hill
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2018
If you asked me a year ago I would have given a full 5 stars. But management is going down the path of outsourcing. The culture has died and it feels like a more of bad energy. The benefits are good but at this point that's all that's left. It feels like a sinking ship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.