Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

National Business Sales Support - Outbound B2B (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 January 2019
I was there for 4 years and enjoyed every bit of it. There were struggles involved, especially when you are in sales... its expected, but over awesome place to work with great people and good money !
n/a
Business Analyst, Jr. Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2018
Was a great place but shut down production. Excellent cross training and utlization of staff.

The owners were getting older and as they pulled away from the business it lost a lot of sales.
A stressful and inconsistent work environment
eCare and Phone Customer Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 January 2019
I was at Shaw for about 1.5 years and during this time I had multiple supervisor changes - the last one I was assigned was not qualified to be in such a position, completely out of his league. He would micromanage; push his private agenda - making us create superhero profiles for a website he wanted us to create (which had nothing to do with our job and only served as a distraction and source of stress); he would constantly shout out things across the office that should have been discussed in a private room/meeting; interrupt agents in the middle of chats so he could ask about our weekend or some other distracting topic; and he showed no human side. I had to put my dog down during my time there, and when I told him he laughed about it, rather than show any empathy or care. I had such a bad experience working at Shaw that I had to go off on sick leave and I never went back.
Pros
free coffee, free food, benefits
Cons
inconsistent supervisors
great experience
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2019
good experience when you want to apply elsewhere. I learned a lot working for this company.
Met some great people I am still friends with to this day
lovely work culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2019
Loved working at Shaw, it's too bad they had to close the Technical support office here in Calgary though.
Would love to get position there again.
great pay and benefits
The staff are always friendly, and I would love to be a part of the team
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 February 2019
I value Walmart's values and culture.
I really want to join the team! Its is a great company and I often shop there, for electronics and tools and food.
Great place, work here!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 January 2019
Amazing place to work.
Benefits were great and very inclusive.
Management team is great, lacking a little bit of transperancy.
Training program is in depth and set you up for success.
Great environment, welcoming corporate culture and understanding management
Fraud Analyst (Carrier Services Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2018
The company promotes an inclusive, safe workspace for all cultures, beliefs and orientations. Management is very good with transparency of decisions and direction. Constructive criticism is both given and received by management. Great benefits packages with lots of choice and the ability to personalize the levels for different things. (ie. dental, prescriptions, etc).
Friendly, and fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 December 2018
It was my first experience in a new environment. It had been a good practice in inbound customer service for me. It had been changeling using computer and being on the phone resolving customer's iinquiries.
Pros
fun
Cons
location
Great Place to work
Manager Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2019
Shaw is the favourite company I worked for in my career so far. Working at Shaw proved to me that you can be a high performing and great person at the same time. Shaw allows you to be yourself and rewards high performing individuals.
Pros
Culture, Salary, Senior Leadership
Cons
Processes
Decient
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2018
Pay is above average. The benefits are good compaired to alot of places. Location is the only reason I left the company was there closing of the office in calgary.
Pros
Pay was ok compared to alot of options.
Cons
Locations // its shift work and a lack of advancement opportunity.
Great Employer for 17 years
Treasury Anaylst/Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2018
I truly enjoyed going to work each and every day. I enjoyed the challenges of the every day payment processing applications. Was eager and willing to help Customers with payment inquiries to avoid disruption in their services.
Advancement Opportunity
Bandwidth Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 November 2018
Working for Shaw Communications for 3 years was a great opportunity as a young adult starting in the work force. I found the environment to be very positive and the leadership to be very motivating when it came to aiming for and accomplishing goals. Personally at Shaw, I was hired into 3 different departments and excelled in ever role I took on. I moved from a front line customer service representative to an agent support role and further to a position of administration. Overall I would say my experience working for Shaw was positive.
Pros
Positive work environment, Rewarding hard workers, Great benefits, Extra curricular work activities.
Cons
The work can be overwhelming.
Awesome place
Senior In-House Technician (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 January 2019
This is the cable company you want to work for. Although sometimes there is no clear direction, They treat their employees with dignity and respect. Benefits and perks were nice too.
wonderful people
Call Center Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2018
overall a great place to work and learn to be a leader at this place. I had to work weekends and they were long other than that it was a great place and I really had no complaints
Pros
great fellow employees
Cons
weekend work
the people make the place
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 December 2018
Typical call center job. you'll get the good, the bad and the ugly regarding your callers. You'll end up making a ton of friends while working here and they'll be the ones who will get you through the day.
Great culture and place to work.
In Home Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 December 2018
I enjoyed working at Shaw. They had great benefits, and salary. I enjoyed the work and people that I worked with. Only downfall is there is no job security, and poor management.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
management and no job security
Very enjoyable work environment
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2019
Pleasant working environment, very open-plan, so lots of background noise - cafeteria on-site, stand-up desks. Our group would go through spikes in workload, so quite variable workdays, but always very manageable.
Pros
Stand-up desks
Cons
Too open plan.
a good enviroment to learn video production
video production facilatator (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 December 2018
i produced a magazine show weekly which included shooting video editing adding grafics organizing crews to shoot sequences and running production meetings
Pros
free coffee and donuts
Cons
long hours and unpredictable delays.
Fun people to work with
Technicians, Escalation management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2018
The work it self is fine. The way Shaw communicates is not.
there is no conversations with the staff as to what is going on, job security is none existent as the complete and total lack of communications form higher up is not there.
Pros
people are nice
Cons
no communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.