SHASHA BREAD CO

SHASHA BREAD CO Employee Reviews

I have working for over 10 years in management with Shasha co.
Production manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2019
Great company superb products very friendly environment
20 years of making Organic GMO free healthy products
one shift work 5 days a week
always opportunities to grow and be part of such great company

Thanks, Shasha co.
baker mixer
baker mixer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 October 2018
don't waste your time joining this company. Benefits what? I worked there for 1,5 years and had no medical or Dental coverage. they make you sign so many papers when you join that always takes care of them and not the employee. English Language is hardly used as they talk and you don't know what they are talking about.they have the right to change your schedual any time they want. and you have to except it.
Good company to work for
Order Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2018
Shasha Bread is a good company to work for, i work there for more than a year and i really like it. Shasha (CEO) is a really good man and easy to work with, very understanding man, respectful and polite.
The company itself is really good, if you love health stuff this is a good company to work for.
Staff is friendly and respectful, management is better than it was when i first started.
Salary is reasonable i think, and the company is successful. Great place.
Apply somewhere else!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
Lack of English-speaking co-workers, lack of instruction, no cooling fans in the summertime, poor loading docks, one unusable forklift, condescending middle management. Made to feel insignificant as a person and worker.
Pros
HA...maybe the hours.
Cons
Too many to list.
horrible place with worst management
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
Management is a joke and they will threaten you as if you are in elementary school. No room to move up and there is no room for development. Do not waste your time here.
Totally Health, organic, and artisan lifestyle company
HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
I was hired to be the HR Manager to cover a mat leave contract. I worked with the CEO and management very closely. It's a company that is a true success story that started with one person with a vision and now is a global market player in the Artisan Organic food market space. I really enjoyed my time there. If you are passionate about Healthy food and lifestyle and organic food, it is the place for you. In my career, I never saw policies & procedures that included the company buying a bike for anyone who quits smoking!!!

If your not passionate, about Healthy Living and, as the CEO calls organic food, 'unpoisoned' food then it might not be the place for you, as that is a large part of their culture.
Pros
Free bread, discounts on all organic products, family oriented employee culture, free hair analysis, management loyalty to employees
Cons
Very quick growth making hard to find talented individuals for continuous growth
working with shasha Bread Co.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
I been working with this company for over 10 years
Great products one of the kind great facilities , most of the management been here over 10 years , company culture is strong and very supportive ,,, there is lots to learn if one wants to ,,, we do every thing little different ,,,the CEO is most supportive and make sure every team member pull their weight and won't be any pressure on other team members
I have seen in many cases how the company gets out of it way to support shasha Co. employees
Pros
Very respectful of all cultures, well-oiled Machin, Room to grow internally if you have the right scales and willing to learn, Low PH water filtration, clean filter air, buy at cost all finished and raw ingredients for family, Health befit, sick day, moving day, special court day
Cons
growing pains, some department has no room to grow, hand on, Not enough work for over time .
good workplace
Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 May 2016
ok place....not organized... needs to be more professional.......very polite CEO, but staff is totally demotivated.......
Senior Accounts Payable Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2015
Working at Shasha Bread was overall a good exerience. They had bad management thus employees were always changing. I had seen so many workers come and go in short period of time. God products and nice owner but badly managed.
There are not many opportunities to grow professionally
Quality Assurance and R&D Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2014
It was good to have experience in my field in Canada and gave me the opportunity to work with people from different cultures
bad management
operator (Former Employee) –  toronto ont4 August 2014
Really bad management promises raises and advancement but never do it
Pros
ok work life
Cons
Bad Management
Not my type of work environment.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2013
I noticed a lot of employee turnover during my time here. Good company with good, quality products, but the work environment did not match my values or basic modern day way of thinking. Salary did not meet expectations laid out by management. No commission, no raises = no motivation. I wish them well, but this company did not suit my overall expectations in a job and what a job should be about.
Pros
small company, can be flexible at times. good people.
Cons
long hours, sometimes evening and weekends without overtime pay. unexpected hours at times.