Sharp Bus Lines Limited
Coronavirus update

Sharp Bus Lines Limited Employee Reviews

Canada127 reviews
school bus driver
school bus driver out of hamilton , running a route picking up kids morning and afternoon . a great part time job , great kids and great support from head office
Unfair
The trainers are great and the communication is decent. The worst part is that some Full time drivers leave on vacation for months on end and have a full time route but a part time driver that would be more then available to do a full time route gets thrown around. Management isn't fair with assigning routes and if you are looking for something more permanent look elsewhere..
Negotiate collectively for all benefits and bonuses
This company bid cheap in Niagara and they got in because of LOW cost. How do they do this. Off the people who works for them. Don’t let this company take advantage. Stand up for yourselfs.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Poor pay
Niagara Drivers - stick to the union
All current Niagara drivers need to stay with the union or this company will take all you have away. The bonuses and other extras you currently have like benefits will be gone. Keep the union!!!!
This company grew too quickly - new drivers beware
This company grew too quickly and they cannot manage this large company. I know all the original drivers in Brantford are content because there are no other bus companies there. But when they open up in other areas where other companies are, they promise to match pay and DONT.
Pros
Drive kids
Cons
Broken promises on benefits and pay
Enjoyable place to work
I had my own route and enjoyed all the kids from the reserve. The charters are fun to do and I really enjoy helping the staff in any way that they need help.
Depression sinking in
When you realize that you waited for benefits for a long time when promised, and you don’t get any. Then during this closure their are no other jobs, you get a sick feeling and depressing feelings sing in.
Unfair Treatment
One of the worse companies to work for. When hired you are not given a dedicated route and made to be a spare driver and not treated the same as a Route driver.
Division Manager is not to be trusted.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
too many to list
Pins and Needles - This is just a big corporation dont be fooled
I think the company has grown way toooooo fast and it has been the largest company in Ontario. They talk about family values and started in a small town, but dont be fooled. This is a huge corporation that you walk around on pins needles when the big bosses come into the office.
Just wish you didn’t have to fight for everything
There are some great people who do great work. Always willing to do extra when called up and do it safely. But when you do all the extras it is always at less pay than what you normally should get. Hopefully this changes.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Less pay for safety meetings
Tough Times at Sharp
We are just going to be going back hopefully this school year and then that will get us back into routine. Wish we knew more from company but probably no one is certain these days.
Pros
Miss Driving Students
Cons
Preferential Treatment for certain favourite employees
Really Negative Atmosphere and Moral
This is such a dark time as no one knows anything at office and we do not know what is happening with this compnay. Are we getting the benefits we were guarantted at last springs signup meeting. All drivers should get other jobs and leave this company to suffer like they make us suffer.
Bradford Drivers Want Answers - When Will We Get Beneftis
Since Sharp Bus Lines took over the contract in Bradford, all drivers were promised benefits. This was TOLD TO US during prehire meetings last spring. As of today, we still DO NOT HAVE BENEFITS. Any driver who is looking at working for Sharp needs to read this. My advice -- join a union to protect yourselfs.
Read the fine print
I was told that we would get benefits and still waiting. The former manager was trying to help then he left. We are still waiting for answers but always hear we are working on it.
False Promises - Beware Niagara drivers
Watch out when you choose Sharp everyone in Niagara as you will be promised benefits, higher pay than never ever receive it. Just speak to other drivers and you will find out. Don't settle for false promises!!!!!!
Regret
Why is that you can have good no great people loose so much income because of a change made by school boards to take lowest tenders. Only we employees suffer. This is such a bad thing especially with all the extra school closures. Who looks after us
Pros
Love my kids I drive
Cons
Such low pay
Do your homework before working for Sharp
Just like I says above do your homework before working for Sharp. They promise benefits like other companies but don’t give to you. You get nickel and dimes for everything like circle check , servicing bus and other things. I make much less than before.
Pros
Students I transport
Anti union company in Niagara
Brothers and sisters we need to keep our union strong so make sure you let the union negotiate rates for next school year. We need to stay strong as we will go back in pay.
Pros
Good drivers
Cons
Anti union
feeling like part of the family
working at SBL is great, you feel like you are part of the family and when you have questions you can ask anyone. they are always willing to help you.
Nice place to work
Needs more consistency at the local management level. It has been a revolving door there, impacting staff confidence and turnover. Benefits for the drivers would be helpful as well.
False promises - beware new employees
We were taken over by Sharp Bus Lines last September in Bradford. Our old company paid us benefits now with Sharp they promise but nothing. Then our daily rate get lowered and we don’t get paid for other things we used to. That is why drivers are so low morale here. This company gets new business with pay low wages.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp Bus Lines Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2