Shark Club

Shark Club Employee Reviews

Fun but Mangers have obvious favourites

I loved this job but the managers have their favorite and whenever you needed help with running food or you were falling behind nobody would help. Once you leave if they don't like you they will never hire you again even if you were good at your job.

Pros

Great kitchen staff

Cons

Under-appreciated, bad managers

Amazing people

When I worked for shark club, it felt like a family. Everyone was friendly and nobody was discriminated. They were very understanding when the hours I needed to work and they did a great job managing it. I highly recommend this work place for the great opportunity that they can provide.

Pros

Good hours, easy work

Great Culture - Fun Environment

It was a great experience working here as a part-time server. I was obtaining my education and working at the same time. They were very understanding of my priorities and were able to find compromises and work with my limited availability.

Pros

Discounts at partnered restaurants & hotels

Cons

Expect long hours on the weekends

Excellent

Was a great experience working there. Met lots of interesting people and made new friends along the way. It was a positive environment with lots of great energy.

It was a fun fast paced place to work

I loved working here and all the experience I gained in the work place. Everyone was always so nice and easy going and willing to teach something knew to you if you were willing to learn.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Long hours and late nights

Servers and bartenders be aware

I worked for this company for four months and would never work for anyone like them again. Management is so full of themselves and arrogant. The owner is worth $4 billion and it’s so freaking cheap. Tips during the day, you make about $20 a day. I’ve been bartending and serving for a long time and this is one of the worst places I’ve ever worked. Don’t do it, trust me.

Pros

I can’t think of any

Cons

Too many to list

AWFUL. Sad excuse of a job

At first I loved working there. But the managers were awful. Staff was rude. All they care about is money money money. Some cool staff but you work your butt off to he treated unfairly. The customers are awesome, but the managers would rather let you fail and fire you so they can hire someone else so they dont have to give you a raise. It drains you mentally and the amount of running around you do for 1 person is crazy

Great team

Management is great and fosters a great environment!! I enjoy going to work and love the team I work with. Great place to work and I recommend it to anyone

good place to work

The environment is very good, feel really safe plus the team is phenomenal. I would recommend this company to anyone who like to work in a team sitting.

sucks

Working at shark club was the worst experience i had. Management is constantly changing and most of management is blind to what is actually going on You will be scheduled for a shift with no notice and written up if you don’t come in for it Servers all have bad attitudes and pay is never fair

Pros

Tips

Cons

Schedules, clientelle

Jobs at Shark Club

See more jobs

Fun place, bad vibes.

When I started at shark club it was my favorite job, ever since the management changed the vibes have changed 100%. Servers are there least worry now, they don't care about standards of service or how they treat their staff. Theres cockroaches everywhere.

Club work

Working at the shark club is a good job and gets you knowing how a club/bar works it is a fast paced environment so you need to be able to be on your feet and you need to be very quick

Pros

Gerat staff and eviroment

Cons

Some fights

Management in kitchen changed dramatically

I worked there for 3 years I finally left there because the atmosphere changed dramatically as the final Cef de Parti. Finally left and the new KM decided to cut remaining staffs hrs and bring his friends in to take over.

Productive but no beneficial for me

Do not know if I could say something or not because I only worked @ months and after that I quit the job because my schedule of school was not matching.

Super fun

Great staff! Love working with these people. Nightclub serving can be stressful and a lot to handle, but super fun when you get the hang of it. Staff is energetic and when you have a question or need help, your fellow servers/bartenders/supervisors are right there to help you. Some shifts can be slow, but the great regulars make up for it! Being new to this area I've made some fantastic friends by working here, coworkers and guests alike!

Fast paced, high volume kitchen with great food

Not a bad place to work, a lot of younger staff(20-25). Great management. Not overly a lot of room move up. Evenings and weekends are busy busy busy. Though there is a new location opening up, so there could be more room for advancement

Disliked the treatment and how they ran things back then

I think it's under better management now. Indeed is making me write a review in order to proceed with my profile. Back then the managers were sexually harassing the workers and forced us to wear skimpy and uncomfortable clothing. But now I think it's better.

Productive and fast paced workplace

Shark club is a very hard working, fast paced environment and the team is really dedicated and driven. They're also very encouraging and helpful. The location is great and the atmosphere is insane.

Fun workplace

Very busy during events at the MTS Centre. Potential to make a lot of money for servers and bartenders. Very fun atmosphere with casino etc. Meet and work with a lot of great people.

dont apply

they don't care about you, force you or bully you into going into work when not well. never listen to availability. think this job is your end all be all. the rest of the staff are not nice. i would not recommend going to apply here.

working hard

people there they work pretty hard and they make work really fun since they always joke around and laugh every time i work and the workplace is pretty cool

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shark Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement
  • Shark Club
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?