Shark Club Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2019
It used to be busy but now its reputation is so bad I'm lucky to make $100 on a Friday night. It doesn't help that 6.5% of tip our goes to the back of house and management. Regularly scheduled outside of my availability but not allowed to switch shifts. Management cares more about making money and sucking up to the owners than they do about the staff. I don't recommend working here to anyone unless they're looking for their first server job.
Pros
Good if you like sports
Cons
Terrible place to work
Amazing management and enviornment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 February 2019
Shark Club as a brand creates a very exciting environment not only for the guests but also for the employees. The management strives to make sure that their employees are not only comfortable in their current roles but are also encouraged to grow within the company.
Pros
Cons
n/a
High-stress environment which is well-rewarded with hard work.
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  BC30 October 2018
Good place to work if you can follow rules and guidelines properly while maintaining yourself in a fast paced and often stressful environment. Management is healthily cooperative.
Challenging and fun enviroment
Server and Event staff (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 September 2018
This was an interesting and diverse position. Challenging and fun but I found myself quickly becoming burnt out. Wearing mandatory heel's for full shifts was a painful learning curve but I find I enjoy working in heel's now.
Pros
Meeting new people and stepping out of my comfort zone was a much needed experience
Cons
Favoritism and a lack of team moral, and acknowledgement for a job well done can become discouraging.
Loved it
Night Bartender, Night Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2018
working here was such a great learning experience. staff and management was phenomenal Would highly recommend checking this place out great food and drink specials
Not a great company
Bartender/ Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 May 2018
Most of the Front of the house servers are slacking, talking to friends who come and making all the bussers do the work. Managers are ok but always misleading saying you will get a chance to move up but dont.
super fun place to work as long as you can manage yor time well
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 March 2018
loved working here, people were great.
sometimes girls are hard to get along with but mostly everyone is super friendly and welcoming. sometimes long hours are expected
Pros
people you work with, fun events
Cons
foot wear, managment
Amazing workplace
Bar Back (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2018
Great resturant. Over the past 4 years I have seen it go downhill. The staff when the resturant first opened was amazing. Even until 2016 is was great. After the MG left it went downhill fast. New manager Jon sucks
Pros
Had a great staff in 2015!!
Cons
NEW managers suck D- Except Rachel
fun environment, nice staff, enjoyable
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2017
Great place to work at. Fast paced learned a lot about multitasking. Most enjoyable part was the people i worked with it was always light and fun. Management was encouraging and helpful.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
Very productive work environment, and carring managment.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 September 2017
Shark club has an amazing staff who work together flawlessly. Management is always there to give a helping hand, weather it be with costumers or you just need someone to listen, they are not your typical management. They are kind, carring, and always want to keep their employees close, people are not just numbers at Shark Club, everyone is treated with respect and kindness. This was the best job I ever had, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to move forward in their workplace.
Best Sports Bar
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 September 2017
A very busy sports bar. Taught me how to work in a fast pace environment. Great management team. Always there to help us out. The hours were very long, some days got up to 11 hours which was hard. Having a strong and friendly team made working at Shark Club worth it!
Great kitchen to work in.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 August 2017
Shark club in Saskatoon is a great kitchen to work in. Started out there awhile back, so they are willing to take people with no experience and train. I learned a lot there.
horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 July 2017
they love weeding people out by cutting shifts and forcing you to quit, also management very snakey act super nice to you and quick to stab in the back all female cook staff treated badly by the men running the place
Busy work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2017
Shark Club is a fast paced restaurant that helps develop communication skills and the ability to multitask. The clientele are usually people staying in one of the many nearby hotels which allows the staff to interact with many types of people.
Fun
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
My team were friendly and helpful. Always there for everyone if they need help. The chef always makes sure that the food have to be served as the way supposed to be
Pros
No evining
Cons
Tips
Just Okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
It's a decent place to get your start with serving. It's not for those who can't handle heavy turn over. At times it can be an overwhelming environment. Nothing really stands out as being fantastic or extremely bad. It's just your typical corporately run bar grill.
The people are nice, but i would not recommend it for anyone with experience. if you have never had any cooking training this might be a place for you
Morning line cook (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 February 2017
the management is good but bad. I have had a bad experience but i don't think everyone does. I need a bit more balance and a bit less direction to be happy
Fun, productive atmosphere.
Supervisor/server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC18 February 2017
Shark Club was a great place to work, it's a sports bar atmosphere. Usually I would supervise the night shift unless I covered a shift for a server. I would come on shift and count the till, see who I was working the night with. The dinner rush would happen and I would either be bartending, food running, cleaning tables, the works. Management was great (above me and other managers as well). The hardest part of the job would be when a conflict between servers would happen, or silly drama. Other than that everything always usually went pretty well. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the amazing crew, and the feeling of teamwork. Shark Club is a great skill building workplace.
Pros
Great deals on food, happy hour from 3-6
Cons
Crazy dinner rushes sometimes, but thats just like any other restaurant.
Fun Times working at shark club
Supervisor/Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 January 2017
Shark club was an awesome place to work at. Free meals everyday, and got to work with some awesome people. Management was good as well. Just never got along with the chef because he couldn't keep his part of a deal we made.
Pros
free lunches dinner and other things
Cons
late nights, and bad chef!
Solid place
2V8, Head (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 September 2016
Do your work, have fun, make money. deal with interesting people. Lots of socializing, positive, happy, upbeat environment and atmosphere. Hard workers will get rewarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shark Club. Our community is ready to answer.