Shark Club

Shark Club Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews
Great team
Management is great and fosters a great environment!!
I enjoy going to work and love the team I work with.

Great place to work and I recommend it to anyone
AWFUL. Sad excuse of a job
At first I loved working there. But the managers were awful. Staff was rude. All they care about is money money money. Some cool staff but you work your butt off to he treated unfairly. The customers are awesome, but the managers would rather let you fail and fire you so they can hire someone else so they dont have to give you a raise. It drains you mentally and the amount of running around you do for 1 person is crazy
good
cFlexible team player who prospers in fast-paced work environments as seen through work history. High energy worker focused on promoting customer satisfaction through alacrity in exceptional service.
good place to work
The environment is very good, feel really safe plus the team is phenomenal. I would recommend this company to anyone who like to work in a team sitting.
sucks
Working at shark club was the worst experience i had. Management is constantly changing and most of management is blind to what is actually going on You will be scheduled for a shift with no notice and written up if you don’t come in for it Servers all have bad attitudes and pay is never fair
Pros
Tips
Cons
Schedules, clientelle
Fun place, bad vibes.
When I started at shark club it was my favorite job, ever since the management changed the vibes have changed 100%. Servers are there least worry now, they don't care about standards of service or how they treat their staff. Theres cockroaches everywhere.
Club work
Working at the shark club is a good job and gets you knowing how a club/bar works it is a fast paced environment so you need to be able to be on your feet and you need to be very quick
Pros
Gerat staff and eviroment
Cons
Some fights
Management in kitchen changed dramatically
I worked there for 3 years I finally left there because the atmosphere changed dramatically as the final Cef de Parti. Finally left and the new KM decided to cut remaining staffs hrs and bring his friends in to take over.
Productive but no beneficial for me
Do not know if I could say something or not because I only worked @ months and after that I quit the job because my schedule of school was not matching.
Super fun
Great staff! Love working with these people. Nightclub serving can be stressful and a lot to handle, but super fun when you get the hang of it. Staff is energetic and when you have a question or need help, your fellow servers/bartenders/supervisors are right there to help you. Some shifts can be slow, but the great regulars make up for it! Being new to this area I've made some fantastic friends by working here, coworkers and guests alike!
Fast paced, high volume kitchen with great food
Not a bad place to work, a lot of younger staff(20-25). Great management. Not overly a lot of room move up. Evenings and weekends are busy busy busy. Though there is a new location opening up, so there could be more room for advancement
Disliked the treatment and how they ran things back then
I think it's under better management now.
Indeed is making me write a review in order to proceed with my profile.

Back then the managers were sexually harassing the workers and forced us to wear skimpy and uncomfortable clothing. But now I think it's better.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Shark club is a very hard working, fast paced environment and the team is really dedicated and driven. They're also very encouraging and helpful. The location is great and the atmosphere is insane.
Fun workplace
Very busy during events at the MTS Centre. Potential to make a lot of money for servers and bartenders. Very fun atmosphere with casino etc. Meet and work with a lot of great people.
dont apply
they don't care about you, force you or bully you into going into work when not well. never listen to availability. think this job is your end all be all. the rest of the staff are not nice. i would not recommend going to apply here.
working hard
people there they work pretty hard and they make work really fun since they always joke around and laugh every time i work and the workplace is pretty cool
Awesome company
This is a great company to work for. They are leaders, not bosses. Your opinion matters and they are very accommodating. The only downside is that the management makes WAY less than the servers and have 100x the responsibilities. Would still recommend to anyone! Lots of opportunity.
Worst place to work
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They care more about making money than any of their staff, 6% tip goes to management that stand around and do absolutely nothing to help, the GM's are a joke and know nothing and dont listen to any of the staff even though they've been there for 5+ years. They dont even give staff a thank you after working a 12+ hour shift.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, high tip out, no respect
No work/lLife balance
be ready to work your a** off and getting paid less than minimum wage. the management promise to give me rise and never fulfill their promise.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low wage
very nice environmet
i have learned , how to manage the organization.
managers are also helping when ever we need any help .

and also get paid good tip money, safe environment.
Not worth it
It used to be busy but now its reputation is so bad I'm lucky to make $100 on a Friday night. It doesn't help that 6.5% of tip our goes to the back of house and management. Regularly scheduled outside of my availability but not allowed to switch shifts. Management cares more about making money and sucking up to the owners than they do about the staff. I don't recommend working here to anyone unless they're looking for their first server job.
Pros
Good if you like sports
Cons
Terrible place to work