Shareworks by Morgan Stanley

Shareworks by Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
I enjoyed my time with the company, plenty of advancement opportunity in the growing business. It is an open concept office with plenty of collaboration amongst the different departments to ensure client satisfaction remains high. Now being part of the Morgan Stanley Family will only mean bigger and better things going forward, if you can get in the door you won't regret it.
Most recent management change over in the last 1-2 years has been awful.
Unprofessional and inept mid management makes doing your job extremely hard and stressful .
Perfect place to learn and develop skills. Energetic, dinamic and fast growing enviroment. Peers are always wiling to help. Very including and fun work culture.
Shareworks is terrific place to start your career! Management has lofty expectations of its employees but is supportive and great about personal development. Colleagues are also all very friendly and helpful. Lots of room for advancement too.
Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is a fun, fast paced environment where Management has always been incredibly supportive and encouraging in regards to career growth within the company. The workplace culture is unlike anything I have experienced at any company - the people are amazing and the executive team is incredibly approachable and friendly. The open office environment is fun and encourages cross-team interaction that offers a very welcoming feel. Would definitely encourage my friends to work here :)
Shareworks is scaling up and there is a mountain of legacy bugs, technical debt, bad design decisions, and access/knowledge issues that are making it a challenge to meet the ever increasing business demand on the system.

Overall the acquisition has been very positive for my group. We have been able to leverage the extra capital to expand teams and get new hardware and licenses. Projects and Changes have always moved at a fast pace but now things are moving even faster and getting more complicated with more oversight but these are good problems to have in my opinion.
Pros
Power to control technological decisions. Openess to new ideas
Cons
Pace is relentless and hours can be long for Dev-Ops roles
Heavily promote a healthy work/life balance with casual beer time on Friday evenings.

Never have I been pressured to work more than what is fair.

If anything, the lack of pressure makes me wonder if they've just given up on me but so far I still work here and am happy about that.

Flexible work hours.

An entire month worth of paid time off per year!

Benefits are pretty standard.

People are friendly and helpful and as long as you genuinely want to succeed and do good work, you will be valued here.

I can't speak on career advancement as I haven't worked here long enough but what it seems is that if you go after it, you can make it happen. They won't just toss promotions on your lap so if you want it, don't be lazy, make it happen.
I love working for Shareworks by Morgan Stanley. The job culture is fun, open, collaborative and inclusive - I truly enjoy coming in to work every day. They offer great work-life balance with work that challenges you but does not overwhelm. My managers are easy to talk to, always willing to go the extra mile to teach and help out. I absolutely recommend that any of my friends and family apply for a position here.
Pros
collaborative culture, great management, good work life balance
Its a great place to do software development. You are presented with challenging problems everyday. Management is great and try to help you grow as much as possible.
I believe this place is great to start a career and learn about Share Purchase plans. It gives you professional growth and learning but only at some point, There is no much place to grow in the company although now is part of Morgan Stanley and new opportunities may show up.
Its a great place to work for a few years, its fun and team work means everything there, unfortunately not so many options for vertical growth. If you would like to grow the inly options are to move to a new department.
With the majority of the employees being young developers, there is a fun environment where beers are on tap every Friday. Not so great if you are looking to advance your career and be treated fairly. Lots of favouritism and quite unprofessional.
Cons
No career path
little or no training, employees expected to put in long hours for low pay, too many employees feeling burnt out. Little or no support from management
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Unsupportive management
Relaxing environment, no stress.
But everyone is working hard.

Management is amazing, they always encourage everyone to use their creative side to provide value for the company.
The company is great in terms of job security and benefits. They have stock options as well as profit sharing plans for their employees.

The subject is boring and the technology is quite outdated. Developers are asked to do business analyst's job by writing design documents and gathering requirements.

Their review process is terrible and developers contribute a lot wasn't valued and respected. There is also lack of management and the management group is very cliquey.
Pros
Job Security, Benefit
Cons
Outdated technology, culture and management
Salary does not match work expectations. i was there for 3 years and only made 5K more than when I first began. When considering the inflation in Calgary, it was not enough.
The new office is a much better improvement to the old office, and is a very beautiful building to work in, I enjoy the views from my window. This is a technological forward company
The Management at Solium is very progressive and they promote and display a good work ethic.

The office environment is positive and productive. Work Life balance is well maintained and they keep trying to make work fun by introducing learning activities.
- Amazing and innovative company (overall)
- Heavy workload in the department I was hired on with. Good work life balance at first. Eventually given project out of my scope/experience/interest and work life became unbalanced.

- Reasonable salary for tasks (given task difficulty).
Very Unprofessional Culture especially the Manager.. Funny he knows nothing yet his boss doesn't seem to notice.. All his staff knows how incompetent he is be can still get around it.. The only company where alcohol drinking at work is allowed.. and oh, a financial institution where you can delete history transactions.. hmmmm...
Pros
Provide job in Calgary
Cons
Not the company you want to grow with and work for
Management has some unrealistic expectations. salaries are not at market rate. Lot of overtime is required. It is good to start the career and no in long run
Pros
exposure
Cons
over time requirment