SHAPES FITNESS CENTRES Employee Reviews

I enjoy working at shapes
Yoga and Barre instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 June 2019
The thing I love most is that I just need to show up 15 minutes before and stay shortly after, No sales. I have felt very supported and feel that I am offered various opportunities through out he city at various locations.SO far it has been a great experience. No complaints. I started in Nov. 2018
Pros
Pay is good and fair market grade as a yoga/barre teacher
Cons
sometimes classes are cancelled but you still receive half your pay for showing-up
Horrible place to work
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 January 2017
Management sees absolutely no value in their employees as people. Unless you're going to bend over backwards and take cr*p from upper management don't work here. They require you to give them your availability for the entire upcoming month on the fifteenth on the month prior, BUT they don't even post the schedule sometimes until the first day of the month that the schedule is made for. Nobody in management actually has a business degree. It's a nice gym that's being run to the ground. Your coworkers may be amazing though. You'll really bond by discussing how much you all hate your jobs.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
management
Coworkers Pleasant, as are members. Bad management
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2015
Coworkers are pleasant and fun to be around as are members. Management (at least where I was) was lacking, dramatic, and made you feel awful if you didn't manage to make a sale. Was told I would be working full time but I had to fight in order to get even close to 40 hours per week.
Pros
Free membership after 1 month, commission
Cons
Long hours, bad management, belittling of employees.
fun and energizing with our clients
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2014
aside from management and benefits, I enjoyed working with my clientele. They were all energetic and happy as per my management skills
Pros
commission
Cons
bad management