Shannex

Shannex Management reviews

I am casual so I have to build seniority to get more hours. Some weeks I can not get full time hours. Management is very caring and unstanding. Work environment is very positive.
Management is out to make themselves look good to corporate. Said they had an 'open door policy' for staff, but listen to nothing employees have to say. Very unappreciative to staff that are over worked and very underpaid. Treat their Staff like second class, are heard talking about employees in a very unprofessional manner. Turnover is very high ... no respect. Don't call in sick!
Pros
Regular employees are great
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful, no family balance
We had a good basic team, but Senior Management was very bad since new GMgr came in Aug.2019. We had to work through our lunches and did not get paid for the time. She started charging people who wanted to eat there when it used to be free like other places. Put allot of pressure on staff to do more for less. Brought down the quality of food (i.e. frozen) to save money. Residents complained. I understand now the reputation of their Mississauga location is starting to get out in the industry and people are staying away.
Shannex has had many problems with the care of others all because they don't want to put the money forward to resolve the issues. Individuals making decision are barely qualified to hold the positions they have. The ones that do are held back and can't move forward.
Short staffed consistently Most staff stressed and unhappy with work culture. Management does nothing with staff concerns. There from 8-4 and not a minute more regardless of situations that require attention. They are paid a salary, and nursing staff often left to deal with what they should have. Cannot address manager problems because 2 managers married, and 3rd manager best friends
Poor understanding of staff dynamics. Poor follow up by all levels of management. Unfair treatment of staff. Favoritism among staff. Unsupported.
I took this job as a change of pace after struggling with an ongoing illness for the last few years. As a result of this I had sick days which were all accompanied with a doctors note. I was asked to provide an attending physician statement, which my doctor said was completely inappropriate to hand in. I went through a depressive period for two weeks, also covered by a note. My attendance was brought up again, which I understood was a concern, all backed by notes. My attendance improved and nothing was said to me. A new manager came into place and I was fired within a few days, saying that I did not pass probation after several months, The staff morale there is non existent, except for a rare few there who are actually working there. There are a few good managers, but that doesn't make up for the rest of them. Extremely disorganized. Staff feel that they never have enough resources to do their job efficiently. Short staffed. Several poorly educated workers. Poor pay. Go somewhere else.
stressful, very fast-paced, manager is selfish, not being paid well, have to work and work, management are useless and incompetent, co-workers gossip and let one staff down.
Cons
not a healthy place to work
Shannex is a good place to work, feeling relaxed, better pay, good management, no work pressure, friendly, good employees, explosure on campus, good union.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shannex?
Working with all if not mostly women..the cady ...dog eat dog your not properly orientated hateful staff. Poor manager omg .. not a good place to work. Sorry
- CCAs are underpaid - Seems to be more about speed than actual client care - Money grab - Residents were very sweet people - Dementia population can be challenging - Poor management, bullying is an issue
I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone the management doesn’t care about the staff and would let you burn on both ends and when something goes wrong they are right there to place blame back on staff and not take ownership!!
Pros
Great team to work with!!
Cons
Management is terrible
Just another greedy corporation, with poor managers that aren't there for the staff let alone clients. As long as the CAA bodies are in in the building, they don't care. I fully believe that management is only there to keep the paperwork pretty. If D.O.H ever walked in there unannounced, the place would be shut down. The amount of mental and physical abuse CCA'S endure is unreal!
Loved the clients and most co-workers, it was stressful at times but that is due to the nature The management could have been better and done more for the employees
At the site in which I worked it was a very stressful place....management showed very little interest in its employees and the employees work environment. The company over all has great core values but at management level these values are not demonstrated toward employees. At the site in which I worked the work environment was toxic...no team work...no interest from management for safety and there is no communication manage
Very stressful work place. U have to work sick u are not aloud to call in sick cause they will threaten u with ur job. People in charge there are very disrespectful
Don't expect to be treated like a valued employee. Terrible management at all levels. You are nothing but a number. Forget suggesting any kind of change or improvement because unless it was a mangers idea it will be debated to death. The most dysfunctional work culture I have ever seen.
Pros
Non
can build vacation time quickly, sort of works on a union based system. the down side is that the turn over rate in most departments is abismal and you are guilted into picking up extra hours.
benefits
Cons
always short staffed, poor management
Horrible mess, really unfair to staff. Management lazy, and favoritism is everywhere. Kitchen broken down and disorganized. Worst mistake working here
This company has no idea how to keep morale within a workplace. The company says one thing and does the opposite and the morale in the company continues to drop.
At first this place seems like it's peaches and cream but then you realize once the curtains been pulled back how backstabbing the company really is with the Care at home three very unprofessional managers who swear a lot and if they don't get their way have a temper tantrum and threaten you very toxic