Shannex

Shannex Employee Reviews

I am casual so I have to build seniority to get more hours. Some weeks I can not get full time hours. Management is very caring and unstanding. Work environment is very positive.
SHANNEX is by far the WORST employer I've ever had. From the managers calling their nurse (in front of other staff and myself), "A fu**ing bi*ch", to constantly being bombarded by staffing, on a constant basis. They provided no PPE during the beginning of COVID-19, leaving us stranded without protection. Same again, when we had an outbreak of Gastro. I contracted Gastro from one of their patients and had to stay home and was severely reprimanded for that. Then again when I cut my finger off and had to have it surgically sewn back on, they fired me for it. This is a facility that does not understand health, how to deal with nursing staff or how to even deal with anything. This is the worst place I've ever worked, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Myself and 4 other nurses quit because of the TOXIC nature of the managers. DO NOT WORK HERE!! ALSO THEY LIE ABOUT THE WAGES!
Great to work for. Good schedule, great staff, benefits, education points, leadership. I have had an issues with this company. Client cantered care throughout
Management is out to make themselves look good to corporate. Said they had an 'open door policy' for staff, but listen to nothing employees have to say. Very unappreciative to staff that are over worked and very underpaid. Treat their Staff like second class, are heard talking about employees in a very unprofessional manner. Turnover is very high ... no respect. Don't call in sick!
Pros
Regular employees are great
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful, no family balance
I truly enjoyed working with the residents as much as I could. Great people. It is very fast paced and some days were better then others. As is in any job. The staff is great and one of the ladies helped me a lot. Once you get the swing of things your good to go.
We had a good basic team, but Senior Management was very bad since new GMgr came in Aug.2019. We had to work through our lunches and did not get paid for the time. She started charging people who wanted to eat there when it used to be free like other places. Put allot of pressure on staff to do more for less. Brought down the quality of food (i.e. frozen) to save money. Residents complained. I understand now the reputation of their Mississauga location is starting to get out in the industry and people are staying away.
Shannex has had many problems with the care of others all because they don't want to put the money forward to resolve the issues. Individuals making decision are barely qualified to hold the positions they have. The ones that do are held back and can't move forward.
Short staffed consistently Most staff stressed and unhappy with work culture. Management does nothing with staff concerns. There from 8-4 and not a minute more regardless of situations that require attention. They are paid a salary, and nursing staff often left to deal with what they should have. Cannot address manager problems because 2 managers married, and 3rd manager best friends
Poor understanding of staff dynamics. Poor follow up by all levels of management. Unfair treatment of staff. Favoritism among staff. Unsupported.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shannex?
I took this job as a change of pace after struggling with an ongoing illness for the last few years. As a result of this I had sick days which were all accompanied with a doctors note. I was asked to provide an attending physician statement, which my doctor said was completely inappropriate to hand in. I went through a depressive period for two weeks, also covered by a note. My attendance was brought up again, which I understood was a concern, all backed by notes. My attendance improved and nothing was said to me. A new manager came into place and I was fired within a few days, saying that I did not pass probation after several months, The staff morale there is non existent, except for a rare few there who are actually working there. There are a few good managers, but that doesn't make up for the rest of them. Extremely disorganized. Staff feel that they never have enough resources to do their job efficiently. Short staffed. Several poorly educated workers. Poor pay. Go somewhere else.
It was great to work there most of the staff is very personable. There is very little chance of raises and promotions. Benefits are very good and they even have onsite massages
Worked 12 day and night shifts. Employees worked well together to meet resident needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the resident's backstories.
stressful, very fast-paced, manager is selfish, not being paid well, have to work and work, management are useless and incompetent, co-workers gossip and let one staff down.
Cons
not a healthy place to work
Shannex is a good place to work, feeling relaxed, better pay, good management, no work pressure, friendly, good employees, explosure on campus, good union.
Working with all if not mostly women..the cady ...dog eat dog your not properly orientated hateful staff. Poor manager omg .. not a good place to work. Sorry
Well it was an awesome kitchen job four the hours . I had to come in for 10am and work until 5:30pm , still plenty of time to get things done and have some family time as well.
I work for this company seen July 5th 2017 until now i still with Shannex is great company to work with and good environments, of cause in a work place sometime have some problem but you don't have to worry because your boss always there for you.
- CCAs are underpaid - Seems to be more about speed than actual client care - Money grab - Residents were very sweet people - Dementia population can be challenging - Poor management, bullying is an issue
I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone the management doesn’t care about the staff and would let you burn on both ends and when something goes wrong they are right there to place blame back on staff and not take ownership!!
Pros
Great team to work with!!
Cons
Management is terrible
Just another greedy corporation, with poor managers that aren't there for the staff let alone clients. As long as the CAA bodies are in in the building, they don't care. I fully believe that management is only there to keep the paperwork pretty. If D.O.H ever walked in there unannounced, the place would be shut down. The amount of mental and physical abuse CCA'S endure is unreal!
Loved the clients and most co-workers, it was stressful at times but that is due to the nature The management could have been better and done more for the employees