Shannex Employee Reviews

Don’t expect to be appreciated
Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 November 2018
Great co workers and residents! Horrible management style and management, unfortunately if you aren’t part of the management team your job is not secure, nor do you really matter to the company. I spent a year getting pushed around and manipulated by my former “chef” and “general manager” with the high turnover rate at our facility I hope they soon realize it’s not the low workers, it’s the management.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Selfish managers, overtime not paid, days off, getting lied to.
Great Staff. Great Company. Overall a great experience
Truck Driver/ Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 October 2018
There's not much to say other than this is a great spot to work. You can always expect to be treated with respect while there and plus My coworkers were always good to work with, 10/10
Environnement de travail très difficiles
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 October 2018
Environnement de travail très difficiles car il n'y a aucune stabilité dans la gestion même de l'entreprise.
Pros
Employee très gentils
Cons
salair très bas
The people i worked with were amazing !!! The managment sucked . Benifits were really good . Never any chance of a raise ... or advancement .
CSM (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS27 September 2018
As a former CMA there is more expected of you then you can do . Almost impossible to meet management's expectations. Always going to work feeling like you have to watch your back ... and god forbid if you have more experience then YOUR supervisor ...
Love the residents and former co workers they are amazing humans !!
Pros
Wonderful co workers ; and residents
Cons
Long hours ; ungreatful management when not doing thier bidding
amazing
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 September 2018
the only downside to this job is when your close companions pass on or leave the facilities programs. Love the interaction with family and friends as well as other staff
Management and Coworkers
CCA (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 September 2018
New management every few months and the coworkers can be quite nasty. Better care and equipment should be provided for the residents. There is too high of a resident to staff ratio giving us not enough time with the clients cares and ADLs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
greatworkers
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 July 2018
didnt like the management and the way the treated theyre clients. it was a new place so it was all over the place food service was poor i couldnt handle seeing my patients thats way
Pros
great patient and co worker
Cons
management
Non supporting workplace
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 July 2018
Unprofessional and they do not help their employees. When i got hurt they did not help me but force me back to work hurt and cause more damage then told me to go on Welfare! I would never work with them again.
Pros
some what ok pay
Cons
horrible management
A rewarding place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 June 2018
I worked with elderly people every day and my day to day job gave me the ability to help make their lives easier. It was my job to ensure their maintenance requirements met and taken care of in a timely manner. Seniors needs are very different than others and it was my pleasure to help them in any way possible. My job was to maintain the property and surroundings for all residence but I was more than happy to do the little extras like carry their groceries to their apartments or help them back to their room if they got a bit lost. I enjoyed this work very much.
Wonderful residents & staff, good culture
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 June 2018
I have been with Shannex for 2 years. the company is very resident focused & is always striving to do better. The work is fast paced & the company is very progressive and fast changing. If you enjoy meeting new people, helping others and working with a team, shannex is a great place to work.
Pros
benefits, competitive salaries, free parking
Cons
heavy work demands
Needs to be better managed and not such a high employee turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 June 2018
Some great things i learned through company but alot of things need to be fixed. Listen to employees more and help them. Listen and ask how they are doing make them feel like they are apart of the team.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Poor salary
Not a place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 May 2018
Had a temp part time position. Gave two weeks for just position and asked to stay as casual and was given the okay. My last scedualed weekend to work management stating i didnt work at all. ( have other staff for witnesses that i infact did work) and also fired me.over not working that weekend .. never called to tell me i was fired. When called to find out how come i wasnt getting shifts to my phone was told i no longer work there. Then emailed and in email they state i quit... they need to get their stuff together!
Pros
Love residents
Cons
its an alright work place
Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 May 2018
i couldn't get more than 3 shifts a week that were only 3 hours each. my schedule would change at least 3 times a week without notice. when i would work 10 hour shifts i wouldn't get lunches nor would they let me leave a client with other staff so i could use the washroom! i couldn't go to the washroom once in a 10 hour shift!
Not a place that anyone would like to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 May 2018
When hired management was aware of current medical issues and had to be hospitalized. Once returning to work they let me go with no explanation. The management is very sneaky and talk to other employees about you behind your back. They expect 1 person to be responsible for the whole floor while cleaning rooms and bathing clients. Not a safe process
Pros
Clients
Concierge/Maintenance (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 April 2018
good place to work with good hourly rate and benefits .
friendly atmosphere
recently managment trying to reduce hours
overall a nice place to work and maintain the family .
Excellent place to work
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB27 March 2018
You get to take a work van home with you and are entrusted with many responsibilities. Fast-paced work days with something you can take pride in. Very much positive energy and meaning in the workplace.
Pros
Bring your work van home
Cons
Race against the clock
Getting Worse
Server (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 March 2018
Originally Shannex was always a place I wanted to work, and when I got the position I was very grateful. I believe this is why it took me so long to see how poor it is. Unfortunately, due to worsening management, Shannex is going downhill. Of course the residents are absolutely lovely, and I sincerely hope that the management begins to be more considerate of their employees.

I didn't appreciate the attitude that certain things became "a waste of time" when the new manager began. I also found that there was a lot of gossip within the work environment. It was disappointing, as I saw Shannex as a positive work environment at first.
Pros
Slightly above average pay
Cons
management
Worse company ever, always big turnaround with new staff.
Observer (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia16 March 2018
Do not recommend at all. Poor management with huge staff and mangers replaced often.
Don't acknowledge staff and always negative never the positives. Worse company to ever work. Gossip is horrible. Would not recommend this place to anyone to work.
Staff over worked due to short staff always.
Pros
No pros.
Very poor work environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 February 2018
I always did everything I could to make my clients feel taken care of. It grew difficult over time to spend any time with them at all.

Day shift staff was doing the work of three people and sometimes taking on LPN duties as well. PSW’s were doing some things that are way outside of their scope of practice. Sometimes they would be working inside the kitchen and doing care as well due to short staff situations. In extreme short staff situations one PSW would be caring for all clients during a shift, including nights.

Clients were way overcharged for small things that they needed, tissue, gloves etc. Many people were fired during my time there and some were not given any reason at all. Management is lacking in skills and support from higher ups.

I feel like their most important bottom line is the almighty dollar. There was very few times I felt valued as an employee while there. Most of my fellow staff felt the same way but many needed the work and had to stay.
Pros
Loved all the clients
Cons
Too many
Great product for clients. Needs to improve employee relationship
Management (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 February 2018
Great focus on clients, however, the employees require better support to address the clients needs and execute their role. The management team is streamlined, therefore spread to thin. The culture is one of uncertainty.