Shannex

Shannex Employee Reviews

Canada150 reviews
Good
I am casual so I have to build seniority to get more hours. Some weeks I can not get full time hours. Management is very caring and unstanding. Work environment is very positive.
Good place
I truly enjoyed working with the residents as much as I could. Great people. It is very fast paced and some days were better then others. As is in any job. The staff is great and one of the ladies helped me a lot. Once you get the swing of things your good to go.
Good co-workers, but terrible management
We had a good basic team, but Senior Management was very bad since new GMgr came in Aug.2019. We had to work through our lunches and did not get paid for the time. She started charging people who wanted to eat there when it used to be free like other places. Put allot of pressure on staff to do more for less. Brought down the quality of food (i.e. frozen) to save money. Residents complained.

I understand now the reputation of their Mississauga location is starting to get out in the industry and people are staying away.
don't work there
Shannex has had many problems with the care of others all because they don't want to put the money forward to resolve the issues.

Individuals making decision are barely qualified to hold the positions they have. The ones that do are held back and can't move forward.
Need management overhaul.
Short staffed consistently
Most staff stressed and unhappy with work culture.

Management does nothing with staff concerns. There from 8-4 and not a minute more regardless of situations that require attention. They are paid a salary, and nursing staff often left to deal with what they should have.

Cannot address manager problems because 2 managers married, and 3rd manager best friends
Poor management.
Poor understanding of staff dynamics. Poor follow up by all levels of management.
Unfair treatment of staff.

Favoritism among staff.

Unsupported.
Dismal place to work with lots of window dressing
I took this job as a change of pace after struggling with an ongoing illness for the last few years. As a result of this I had sick days which were all accompanied with a doctors note. I was asked to provide an attending physician statement, which my doctor said was completely inappropriate to hand in. I went through a depressive period for two weeks, also covered by a note. My attendance was brought up again, which I understood was a concern, all backed by notes. My attendance improved and nothing was said to me. A new manager came into place and I was fired within a few days, saying that I did not pass probation after several months,

The staff morale there is non existent, except for a rare few there who are actually working there.

There are a few good managers, but that doesn't make up for the rest of them.

Extremely disorganized. Staff feel that they never have enough resources to do their job efficiently. Short staffed. Several poorly educated workers. Poor pay. Go somewhere else.
Fast paced
It was great to work there most of the staff is very personable. There is very little chance of raises and promotions. Benefits are very good and they even have onsite massages
Decent place to work. Often short staffed/worker burnout.
Worked 12 day and night shifts.
Employees worked well together to meet resident needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the resident's backstories.
stressful, very fast-paced, manager is selfish, management are useless and incompetent, co-workers gossip and let other staff down
stressful, very fast-paced, manager is selfish, not being paid well,
have to work and work, management are useless and incompetent,

co-workers gossip and let one staff down.
Cons
not a healthy place to work
Shannex is a good place to work, feeling relaxed, better pay, good management, no work pressure, friendly, good employees, explosure on campus, good union.
Stress
Working with all if not mostly women..the cady ...dog eat dog your not properly orientated hateful staff. Poor manager omg .. not a good place to work. Sorry
My time at shanex
Well it was an awesome kitchen job four the hours . I had to come in for 10am and work until 5:30pm , still plenty of time to get things done and have some family time as well.
Great company to work with.
I work for this company seen July 5th 2017 until now i still with Shannex is great company to work with and good environments, of cause in a work place sometime have some problem but you don't have to worry because your boss always there for you.
Fast paced and physically demanding
- CCAs are underpaid
- Seems to be more about speed than actual client care

- Money grab

- Residents were very sweet people

- Dementia population can be challenging

- Poor management, bullying is an issue
Not a good place to work!!
I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone the management doesn’t care about the staff and would let you burn on both ends and when something goes wrong they are right there to place blame back on staff and not take ownership!!
Pros
Great team to work with!!
Cons
Management is terrible
Highly not recommended
Just another greedy corporation, with poor managers that aren't there for the staff let alone clients. As long as the CAA bodies are in in the building, they don't care. I fully believe that management is only there to keep the paperwork pretty. If D.O.H ever walked in there unannounced, the place would be shut down. The amount of mental and physical abuse CCA'S endure is unreal!
nice place to work except for management having favourites
Loved the clients and most co-workers, it was stressful at times but that is due to the nature
The management could have been better and done more for the employees
Although the company has good core values at the management level these values ate not demonstrated to the employees
At the site in which I worked it was a very stressful place....management showed very little interest in its employees and the employees work environment. The company over all has great core values but at management level these values are not demonstrated toward employees. At the site in which I worked the work environment was toxic...no team work...no interest from management for safety and there is no communication manage
Shannex - Harris Hall
Busy diningroom table service environment. 1 1/2 to 2 hours of actual service. Lunch & dinner. Keep in mind no grats or tips at anytime. Seniors are friendly and staff is also friendly & professional!
Short staffed all the time.
There is positive feedback for always working short-staffed and picking up extra work.The good thing about working here is that there is all the overtime a person could want.