Shannex Employee Reviews

Wonderful residents & staff, good culture
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 June 2018
I have been with Shannex for 2 years. the company is very resident focused & is always striving to do better. The work is fast paced & the company is very progressive and fast changing. If you enjoy meeting new people, helping others and working with a team, shannex is a great place to work.
Pros
benefits, competitive salaries, free parking
Cons
heavy work demands
Needs to be better managed and not such a high employee turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 June 2018
Some great things i learned through company but alot of things need to be fixed. Listen to employees more and help them. Listen and ask how they are doing make them feel like they are apart of the team.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Poor salary
The people i worked with were amazing !!! The managment sucked . Benifits were really good . Never any chance of a raise ... or advancement .
CSM (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS27 September 2018
As a former CMA there is more expected of you then you can do . Almost impossible to meet management's expectations. Always going to work feeling like you have to watch your back ... and god forbid if you have more experience then YOUR supervisor ...
Love the residents and former co workers they are amazing humans !!
Pros
Wonderful co workers ; and residents
Cons
Long hours ; ungreatful management when not doing thier bidding
Concierge/Maintenance (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 April 2018
good place to work with good hourly rate and benefits .
friendly atmosphere
recently managment trying to reduce hours
overall a nice place to work and maintain the family .
Shannex
Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 February 2019
I loved working for shannex , ive learned alot of custoner service skills & i loved working with sebiora and devolping my nursing aide skills . It was amazing
Pros
My clients
Cons
The management
Run far away
Staff (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS15 January 2019
This place is absolutely toxic, from the bottom to the top. There will be rotations where you work with staff that are amazing; however 95% will cut your throat just to say they did. The care provided to residents is not an issue, the staff do generally care for residents. You will always be short staffed. For a cca this could mean having to provide care for 13 residents by yourself. For nurses this could mean having to give out medications to 48 residents at a single medication pass. For dietary you could end up prepping for multiple units. There is zero ownership or accountability from management. They will throw you under the bus to make themselves not at fault.

They will mentally beat you down and leave you drained. Not to mention if you find your own voice and stand up for yourself or advocate for other staff or residents you will find yourself without a job very quickly.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Every. Single. Thing
Don’t expect to be appreciated
Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 November 2018
Great co workers and residents! Horrible management style and management, unfortunately if you aren’t part of the management team your job is not secure, nor do you really matter to the company. I spent a year getting pushed around and manipulated by my former “chef” and “general manager” with the high turnover rate at our facility I hope they soon realize it’s not the low workers, it’s the management.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Selfish managers, overtime not paid, days off, getting lied to.
New and Still in Growing Stages
Client Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 February 2018
Overworked. Times working one person with 15 clients.
Suppose to be 5 Star Treatment, but not given.

Not allowed off the property during breaks. Management watch you on TV during the day, then call you if you sit down for 5 min.
Benefits
Management and Coworkers
CCA (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 September 2018
New management every few months and the coworkers can be quite nasty. Better care and equipment should be provided for the residents. There is too high of a resident to staff ratio giving us not enough time with the clients cares and ADLs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
Poor work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 November 2018
Frequently short staffed, causing staff to work beyond measures considered safe. Breaks are often missed, expectations are high for resources provided.
Terrible management leading to a negative work environment
CSM (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 December 2017
Management does not care about employees, they are solely concerned about making money as opposed to caring about employees or residents. Employees are being asked to take on responsibilities outside of their scope of practice with little compensation. Shannex is run as a business with the sole purpose of making as much money as possible, as opposed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for the residents. I love my coworkers and residents but the atmosphere management has created is really disappointing/negative environment and ruining an otherwise great job
Pros
Great coworkers and residents
Cons
Management, overworked, forced to do tasks out of my scope of practice, no recognition or respect. The list could go on
Great Staff. Great Company. Overall a great experience
Truck Driver/ Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 October 2018
There's not much to say other than this is a great spot to work. You can always expect to be treated with respect while there and plus My coworkers were always good to work with, 10/10
Environnement de travail très difficiles
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 October 2018
Environnement de travail très difficiles car il n'y a aucune stabilité dans la gestion même de l'entreprise.
Pros
Employee très gentils
Cons
salair très bas
amazing
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 September 2018
the only downside to this job is when your close companions pass on or leave the facilities programs. Love the interaction with family and friends as well as other staff
Not a place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 May 2018
Had a temp part time position. Gave two weeks for just position and asked to stay as casual and was given the okay. My last scedualed weekend to work management stating i didnt work at all. ( have other staff for witnesses that i infact did work) and also fired me.over not working that weekend .. never called to tell me i was fired. When called to find out how come i wasnt getting shifts to my phone was told i no longer work there. Then emailed and in email they state i quit... they need to get their stuff together!
Pros
Love residents
Non supporting workplace
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 July 2018
Unprofessional and they do not help their employees. When i got hurt they did not help me but force me back to work hurt and cause more damage then told me to go on Welfare! I would never work with them again.
Pros
some what ok pay
Cons
horrible management
greatworkers
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 July 2018
didnt like the management and the way the treated theyre clients. it was a new place so it was all over the place food service was poor i couldnt handle seeing my patients thats way
Pros
great patient and co worker
Cons
management
Not a good place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB12 September 2017
I worked for this company for close to 6 years, in that 6 years I was put down many times by the management in such a way that they made me feel..well depressed. A typical day at work way basically make sure staff are being productive and that the MANY company policies were being followed. I found that this company is all about the mighty DOLLAR. not the staff or clients. They believed in a WORK then life balance but promote work life. The hardest part about the job was dealing with a GM that never understood what it was like to be nice. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the staff and the residents.
Pros
Good benefits, Vacation, when you can get it
Cons
Very long weeks. unappreciative management
A rewarding place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 June 2018
I worked with elderly people every day and my day to day job gave me the ability to help make their lives easier. It was my job to ensure their maintenance requirements met and taken care of in a timely manner. Seniors needs are very different than others and it was my pleasure to help them in any way possible. My job was to maintain the property and surroundings for all residence but I was more than happy to do the little extras like carry their groceries to their apartments or help them back to their room if they got a bit lost. I enjoyed this work very much.
Not a place that anyone would like to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 May 2018
When hired management was aware of current medical issues and had to be hospitalized. Once returning to work they let me go with no explanation. The management is very sneaky and talk to other employees about you behind your back. They expect 1 person to be responsible for the whole floor while cleaning rooms and bathing clients. Not a safe process
Pros
Clients