Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Pay & benefits reviews: Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Agent30 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

productive and dynamic working environment

Excellent management style and working environment in Shangri-La hotel. it offers competitive training and benefits. The most interesting thing is it is multicultural environment for employees and they show respect to each other.

A good place to start your career

Location of the property is suitable for those who like the island life. I've learned a lot of patience and overall was a great experience as a foundation of my career. A typical day is always hectic and stressful especially on peak hours (check-in and check out time). You need to know how to manage stress well. You need to be versatile and try to learn other things that's not in your job description coz you'll never know when the knowledge will come in handy. Hardest part of the job is walking in a 4-inch wedge heels around the 12.5 hectare resort and dealing with complaining guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to spend time with your co-workers outside work coz we live in one complex which is provided by the resort as well. They are like my 2nd family. I've always enjoyed the company outings and get togethers like beer nights,Christmas and New Year's eve.

Pros

One free buffet meal on working days, good health benefits, minimum payment on housing, shuttle service to work

Cons

Short breaks, hectic, stressful, poor uniform shoes, high tax on incentives

Insights into Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun workplace

I had fun working in Shangri-la Hotel, Singapore. My 4 years there has now became my memories. Everything there is nice. Food, people surrounding are all good. However the salary wise is low.

Pros

Good food for duty meal

Cons

Low salary

Good for young ages or first employment

Learnt a lot here n this place gave me lots of experience in terms of customer services. From Concierge to Front Desk to Room Controller to Guests Services to Front Desk Supervisor to Guests Service Supervisor. I am all the way Multi-Tasks

Pros

Free meals, awesome accommodations, good medical benefits n also great opportunities to grab if interested.

Cons

Basic salary is low n depending on point system

It was a great opportunity to work there as a fresh graduate.

They have amazing management. The staff are well taken care of. Only, very long hours of work and not enough time for personal or family life. It's like you're living in the hotel already and you have no time to do other things for yourself.

Pros

meeting a lot of exciting people, celebrities, VIPs, career advancement

Cons

long hours, low salary

It is a good company , they think about their employees and guests as well . They have so many colleague entertainment programs and benefits.

It is a good company to work with . They think about the employees as well . They give is cross trainings as well in other departments and also a good brand in all over the work . Guest's satisfaction is also important for them .

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Staff shortage

simply amazing workplace

Working in this property of shangri-la is an unforgettable experience, even though I'm just an contractual employee, everybody treat me like I'm family, I feel like I'm in my second home. There are though times but there will always be somebody that is ready to help you.

Pros

free meal, free uniform

Cons

long hours of work at F&B dept.

workplace

only three type of shift- morning, afternoon and night buffet setup, basic of computer works nice but partiality 15 hrs or sometime 22 hrs no busy in work

Pros

free breakfast, lunch, dinner only on duty

Cons

14hrs or 20hrs

The Best Hotel in My Hometown

The management took care of staff. They provided several gourmet festivals for staff quarterly, conducted staff activities irregularly, such as climbing competition, table tennis, and the chess match. The executive members ofter visited the staff dormitory regularly. I think this is the best hotel in my hometown because they carried out the cooperation principle which contented "We are a family" very well. From my more-than-six-year experience, I have learned how to serve guest from well to excellent. It was not only just to fulfill their demands but also to exceed their needs by doing exceedingly a little. Also, I learned how to lead a team, that was to conduct my leadership by setting up an example to team members, putting myself at the same level while serving a guest, but acting as their manager while monitoring their performance. In words, the experience in Shangri-la benefited me greatly which I appreciated from my bottom of my heart.

Pros

Locations, Management, Company Culture

Cons

Salary was at the bottom among five star hotels in my hometown

There are lots of facilities that will make our guest surely enjoy their entire stay.

Shangri-la is such a busy place knowing that it is a 5-star hotel. . I've learned to deal with different types of people and of different races.. I've learned that what might be normal for me, may not be normal to others. my co workers are so helpful. the management is good in managing the people and in giving compensations as a part of your well done job. the hardest part of my job is when we are having bulk arrivals and everybody seems to be busy.. the most enjoyable part of the job is when we are given praises for a job well done.

Pros

free meal once daily

Cons

short breaks if busy