Shamrock Valley Ent Ltd Employee Reviews

Productive and educational
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
A typical workday at Shamrock Valley for me was driving a packer up and down the field or along the roadways that we were building. I learned how to drive two different types of packers and a tractor. Management was great, they were always there if you needed them and gave clear instructions of what was to be done daily. The hours were great and the pay was like nothing I had ever received before. There wasn't really anything difficult about the job and what I enjoyed most was being outside and driving a huge machine.
Good company to work for
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Point, AB23 September 2016
Worked for them a couple of times and if it wasn't for the downturn in the oil market I would be there still. Field supervisors are great and dispatch girls are very reliable and easy to get along with
Pros
Good friedly environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Fast paced.Excellent learning
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2016
Overall a great company to be employed by. I learned how to further my operating skills in Scrapers, Dozers, Rock Trucks. Management for the most part was fantastic. The co workers are a great group of guys. Hardest part of the job is the ending of the season. The most enjoyable is when the season fires back up.
Pros
great overtime
Cons
Rainy days
good people to work with and always some entertainment
Dozer, Rock Truck, Excavator, Grader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2015
very much a small farm feel. The co-workers are always there to help with any questions you may have.. As well as giving tips and tricks to your problems
Pros
good people
Cons
inconsistent work
...
heavy duty mechanic, employye (Former Employee) –  Elk Point, AB12 April 2013
typical day at work drama , learned to work on heavy duty equipment and use machines and tools learn how to operate equpiment, welding hard surfacing, hard work cleaning out stump pans, most enjoyable was being busy and not standing around, day goes by way faster.
Pros
free half hour lucnh
Cons
10 to 12 hour days
Exellent Company
Laborer, Oilfield (Former Employee) –  St. Paul7 January 2013
Enjoyed working for Shamrock, learned great workmanship and professionalism.