Shadow Security

Shadow Security Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
It’s just ok
You work are always working 4-5 hr shifts and when you are done you are done everyone just leaves so if there is a situation after your shift is up you are on your own
Productive place to work
Concrete watch is a flexable way to make some hours as long as you do not have a problem working night's They are a Diverse company that hires a diverse Associate class
Good for events
The pay is slightly above other companies. Supervisors favor their friends and assign others to awful posts even if you are more qualified. No benefits.
Good Luck Shadow!
Although the interview was very casual and pleasant, the personnel seemed very optimistic about the company's growth and I was very excited to join the team! However, I was only offered my first job opportunity three months after my initial interview... By this time, I was already employed elsewhere.
Quantity or Quality
The title is as much free consultation as I am willing to give on how a business can improve upon its practices and procedures. To jobseekers: dont expect much.
Absolutely terrible
Unfriendly and no shifts, everything you had to learn was just by trail and error, no training of any kind and no information is given to you on how to dress or how to do your job, it was a ‘show up and away you went’ type deal, staff is unfriendly and didn’t seem to care
Difficult to pick up shifts
If you want this to be your only job, avoid it. It's difficult to pick up shifts as you have to bid for them on an app. They favour people who have been there a long time to get the shifts. Good if you want an extra shift here or there on top of another job, but not realistic for your full time.
Official response from Shadow Security
3 December 2019
Thank you for the review. We apologize if this is the impression left on you following working for us! Shadow Security is a stepping stone for many law enforcement agencies, and as such, we highly value new guards who wish to gain experience and grow with us as a company/family.
We do many high value contracts/high importance events which require experienced and skilled security officers, However, our goal with all new staff is to invest in their training, education and growth not only as individuals, but with us as a company, as this leads to a powerful foundation of experienced guards. With all of our shifts that require extra training, we frequently reach out to guards to become trained so that they can work specialized shifts. However, we are not perfect and are always looking to improve, so if there is any constructive feedback you wish to provide to help us improve, we would appreciate it. We would not want any current/future employees to feel the same way as you. Feel free to email us at info@shadowsecurity.ca
Poor management Poor site management.
While employed with Shadow security I sustained an extremely bad Sun Burn on the top of my head while stationed at a security position out side in the middle of summer.
I asked for a security hat and they had no security uniforms on site. After that shift I quit. If I knew just how bad the burn was when I got home and cooled I would have quit during the shift.

I was in pain for nearly a week and a half.
Loved the job environment
Shadow security was my first security job.
I enjoyed my time with them mostly because they did everything .

I was a bouncer at a night club to event security for concerts to doing concert watches when we had some down time . They always kept us busy and always covered rooms if we went away for events and provided transportation at their cost .
Nothing spectacular
They are easy to get hired by, but hard to get hours from. They make you get all these different apps for your job which probably are just to spy on you and figure out if you are, where you say you are. Basically meh, as an employer.
A responsible security company
Shadow security is a well balanced and managed security company which gives you great opportunity to work independently or in a team to achieve all the aims and objectives of the job.
Great people, Great staff
great company to work for with a variety of events.
Disorganized chaos within the managment.
Shadow Security is for people who want fast money, for a short amount of time while they look for another job. By no means is it a job you want longer than 6-10 months. The hours are very inconsistent and the management can be very rude.
Pros
Wide arry of jobs.
Cons
Inconsistency
No shifts
All the shifts were mostly taken and when you could get one , they give you the wrong address and don't text back. Chasing down work is a must with these people and if you enjoy that i would HIGHLY recommend
Pros
Work
Traffic Control
I stand at my assigned spot at an intersection to control traffic coming in and out of the construction site. I also stand over any work place that needs security either overnight or during the day.
Cons
long hours, minimal breaks
Security Guard position
While providing security to a outdoor concert venue in Dartmouth during the summer I sustained a serious burns to the top of my head while standing outside for an eight hour shift. I had asked the supervisor to provide me with a security hat that you are normally provided when hired but not in my case. The supervisor did not any hats on site so when my shift was completed the top of my head looked like a cooked lobster and I was in pain for sometime.
Now looking back I should of quit before I sustained the injury!

Personally, this was the worst experience I have had working for a security company.
Pros
The people you encounter while on the job.
Cons
No uniform.
A relaxed and slightly slow work environment
I worked at the Dooly's in Antigonish through Shadow security and I enjoyed the job a lot but it was just a slow work environment because it just isn't a busy location so I never had to check many I.D's so i found myself just sitting around for the majority of my shifts.
Pros
Very relaxed work environment.
Cons
Not many hours available in Antigonish.
Professional yet enjoyable work place.
People I work with are great, easy to get along with and fairly easy going, but are also professional and know how to get the job done whatever it may be.
Great Place to work
Really had fun working there, great staff, great locations.
Met some really nice persons there, Great supervisors.

Possibility to have part-time or full-time job.
It would have worked perfectly if only they wouldn't have kept denying me shifts
I would apply for the shifts and they would constantly deny me shifts. They ignored my calls and emails on what i could do to ensure i could get shifts.
Pros
Great scheduling premise, very great for balancing other jobs
Long days, but some good perks.
This is a security company who get contracts for some of the large scale concerts in the Maritimes. Job consists of standing for long hours and inclement weather.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shadow Security. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4