sgsco

sgsco Employee Reviews

I had my internship at SGSco which taught me many things about Project Management, Teambuilding, and responsibility. I worked alongside some of the most hardworking people I have ever met and love what they do. They are passionate about the little things and strive to make everyone's lives better. The work can be tough but does have its advantages.
This company was restructuring when I was there and it seemed they were headed in the right direction. They had skilled employees and it was a pleasure working with such a diverse team.
Not a good place to work. Never received the 2-week training I was promised and was expected gasp the operation of the programs on my own. I had to figure out the whole production process on my own. No one showed me the break down of the product labels. No support from the US. No workbooks cheat sheets or information cards. Constant lockout of the network was painful and IT support was rude and unresponsive. Chicago and Toronto team are horrible to work with. If you have a problem they let you sink. If they do respond back to you it is 2 or 3 days later. To make matter worst when they do respond back the person was is panic rush and told to verbal very fast how to fix the program lock or they would tell me I don't have time to show you and send it to IT to fix overnight. This never showed me how to get out of the problem and how to fix it. Toronto office plays the blame game blames everyone else for the problems. Love to send the email to everyone on your team and throw you under the bus and continuously driver over you. Never ask in private if you know about some of the details of the Workflow. Or actual attempt to teach you what to do. The company does not value it, employees, it has the Millennium mentality that you can be replaced tomorrow. And they do in a heartbeat. Workplace culture No teamwork here every one is out for themselves. Most of the employees are Insecure make sure they don't share information. It is a knowledge power situation, the less you know the less value you are to the company and can be let go at any time. Management - more...
Pros
Free coffee, donuts
Cons
Millennium mentality that you can be replaced tomorrow. Long hours, no training support, poor management
A good company with benefits. But lacks management and communication between departments. Low chance to get higher salary, no room for growth. The biggest problem is not having any room for creativity. People are easygoing and professional. Sick days are low but good amount of vacation days.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
No room for growth or creativity. Lacks management
Other than the great pay. I did not enjoy the working here at all. Alot of finger pointing when something goes wrong. System is very excessive and convoluted. Worse offender is the giant television brainwashing you with the company commercial at your work station.
Pros
Money
I worked at SGS before. The Head Director of the operation decided a great way to improve the operation would be to fire one person every two weeks, which he did. He would decide who was the weakest and would single that person out and fire them. Everyone kept looking over their shoulder. Nice culture.
Pros
Salary was okay
Cons
Arrogant leadership
You will have no life if you work here, i found it extremely difficult to work and management will totally ignore you when learning. Do not be fooled by more money
Pros
Workplace is a new design
Cons
Long Hours
They have a convoluted internal digital job manager that is so difficult to learn. Management never once encouraged me or took proactive measures to ensure I was trained properly. I was bumped from account to account. Promises of a Green program, free yoga etc., were all promised when I was hired and slowly, they took all the perks away. Awful. Bad management.
Cons
Working at SGSco provided an opportunity to further enhance my skills as a Project Manager as well as a people manager in a deadline driven enviroment. Colaborating with both internal and external customers within the different Co's to service and meet our Client needs.
Pros
Team work to make things happen
Cons
Long Hours
Long hours and very stressful environment with little regard for demands on employees and pressure put on all departments heads to get more with less. Good compensation and benefits but you pay for it in work life balance and bad management style.
An interesting place to work some very great people tow work with. Hopefully their restructuring will move the company forward.
Fantastic job! The culture is fun, friendly and respectful. I've also learned a lot about packaging design for the food industry. I only give the job security a low rating because this is for a maternity leave coverage.
I worked there as a contractor and was hired on about 6-9 months later. REALLY Great superiors and everyone is friendly.
Southern Graphics is a great place to learn a lot of new things. The people that work there are very knowledgeable and real professionals at what they do. Over the years I have learned to prefect what I do as a designer/production artist.