SGS Employee Review

Very Diverse community, lack of effective communication
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2014
As my supervisor always was grateful about, I had been a valued member of the lab team by always being someone they could count on. However I left that job because I had better job offer and position which suited me better. However there were many issues about relationship among the workers and employers. Also high job demands and pressure on employees was the first reason for workers to quit their jobs. Also there were many conflicts about the relationship and communication issue, I still believe that communication among the workers and employer was not strong as it could be. As l gain experience more and more every year I strongly believe that effectively communicating could be involved more than just providing information when demanded and proactively providing information to the team as issues arise was the best source of conflict in that work place.
Pros
Good Experience.
Cons
long hours, high job demand, high work load

Other SGS Employee Reviews

Bad experience working at SGS
Sr. Scientist, Biopharmaceutical Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2018
pressure, low paid and poor management with considering people life .
don't enjoy working there. everyday suffering. high turnover rate 25%....................................................
Absolutely no integrity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 March 2018
This company has absolutely zero integrity. Employees are under paid and under appreciated.
Management was completely devoid of any form of professionalism.
Thier only concern is to maximize items on the LEM’s. Any employee with a pulse is acceptable to them. The business practices are more along the lines of theft; not at all concerned with living up to thier contractual obligations.
Pros
The oil sands operator representives
Cons
Complete lack of integrity towards thier employees and thier obligations toward thier clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS. Our community is ready to answer.