SGS

Canada12 reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,564 reviews

Insights into SGS

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Very interesting and diverse jobs

A place to stretch your brain and get your hands dirty. Many innovative thinkers and doers at this facility. Much can be learned from colleagues and associates. Location is very nice; small town living.

Pros

Small Town location

Cons

Shareholders

Materials Technologist

Good place for maybe a year or two. Will provide good experience however it is limited. Management treats people with no respect. HR does nothing for employees. They will nickel and dime you on anything and everything. Turn over rate is very high as the salary is garbage. There is no moral and nothing is being to do fix the problem, as mentioned before HR is doing nothing and doesn't seem to care. If you value your mental health avoid at all costs. If you like being treated like garbage and a number this is the place for you.

Pros

Limited good experience

Cons

this company is going to dead now

it is multilabs now and has lots of department. This company no workplace culture at all.you just do yourself and come and go. there is even no Christmas party in this couple years. i can't believe it is world famous company.

Pros

nothing, right now sunrun each year free register.

Cons

no salary raise, benefit going down, no Christmas party

Potluck with regard to effective management

A good place to work as long as management does not involve themselves with the day to day running of operations. When management did involve themselves,chaos ensue. Most operations have a very transient staff.

Good not fun

I was working for SGS just to make money. Sometimes money was good but all the time was not. I left them just because I need to change my career to welding Inspector

Pros

Cons

Sometimes

SGS could of being a good place to work, but do to lack of good administration has made my experience in that company as one of the worse i ever had in my entire life

Cons

A very valuable and educational experience.

For this position I was also required to travel out to site. The shifts were 12 hours a day, seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, and seven nights off. I worked in a remote lab at the Suncor site. I was part of a team of three people. I was able to train new employees in the lab. I enjoyed the repetitiveness of the work. All of the laboratory equipment had to be calibrated before any work was done. Samples were brought to the lab by another contractor, I was required to organize and properly label each sample and then perform the required analysis. My work was accurate, efficient, and yielded the highest quality of results. I enjoyed being a part of my team, and work well with others. The hardest part of the job was being away for a week at a time.

Great Place to Start

Days usually started out a bit slow, work was organized on a day to day basis so it took a few minutes to get everything coordinated and started. SGS is a great place to get started, the salary is respectable for a new college/university graduate and the benefits were definitely an asset. The hardest part of my day was trying to organize project testwork as the site as a whole is very unorganized, including middle management and upper management.

Cons

Extra effort and dedication goes unnoticed

Geotech

Worst company ever. Do yourself a favour and apply elsewhere. They lied on my interview with the schedule and steady wage. They will hire you and sit you home for there convenience . Very poor management, runned by high school graduates. Most or all have no education.

Pros

LOA on your resume put an outside province address They won't tell you.

Cons

The whole management and work atmosphere

Mostly work is on field. Good to work with different oil companies.

Pros

Housing benifit and a lot of overtime

Engaging work environment

This is a very good place to work with nice people and good working environment.

Pros

freebies

Cons

lots of hours

A work environment where you're constantly walking on broken glass.

This company desperately needs more highly qualified North American Technologists and management to validate experienced personnel.

Pros

salary, nothing else

Cons

too many negative attitudes, zero personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement