SGS

Operator9 reviews
Canada9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,564 reviews

Lots of experience

I learned a few different job positions there. My bosses were great to work with.I met a lot of great people and had fun, they were like my family. It was great working outdoors and protecting wildlife from the oil ponds.

Poorly managed division on Vancouver Island

I enjoyed the work itself. The area I worked in was not supported by the manager whatsoever. Expenses were not reimbursed in a timely manner. Training was non existent. The regional manager never responded to emails. Raises were late or not there at all.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No support or leadership

Awesome

Great people Great enviroment, highly skilled profession determined to help employees and clients in any way see fit, safety is captial and always first.

Good

Good maintenance exp. some workers most are most helpful good to work with. SGS Canada is a good company. SGS has a good place to work like their workers are saying.

Learning and Working with various equiptments such as boats, vinocholars, compasses etc.

It was a good company to work for. There were opportunities to learn various skills and equipment. If only the pay raise was timely and available it is a good company.

Pros

Camp accomdation

Cons

Need timely pay raise.

Soul-sucking

The management is horrendously inadequate and favoritism runs all the way to the top. They do not give pay raises, won't offer full time to employees, and they pick and choose who gets benefits. There also is 0 room for advancement within the company. It's a depressing organization that really could not care less about a single one of its employees and doesn't care about losing model employees.

Pros

Poor management means a lot of the time you can do what you want

Cons

Poor management, no room for advancement, poor wages, toxic environment

awful!

No benefits, poor leadership, only get promoted if you have thick kneepads. they mistreat their employees and expect grade A work. don't work here! Never have I ever been so disrespected in my entire working career.

Pros

you get to go home

Cons

everything

Tense work environment with clueless management

I worked for SGS in the oil sands, the project we were working on was not that bad, but for some reason SGS complicated everything. They are a very cheap company, barely supply you with the proper PPE. They do not hire people fit for the job, half of the people on my crew could not lift what they were required to. so this led to half of the crew puling the weight for the useless people. SGS hired 12 people on my crew for the same position and paid us all differently, and some of the worst workers were making the most money.. just very backwards in my opinion. Also, SGS has this funny thing about them; when you work hard and do your job well, you get to do everyone else's job as well. It was very frustrating to work for them considering they did nothing to solve any of the problems I mentioned above. I will never work for them again.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Cheap, Clueless and careless management.

Wonderful oppertunity to step foot into the oil/gas industry.

controlling manifold and pumping systems, gauging or testing oil in storage tanks, or regulating the flow of oil into pipelines. Other tasks include dock rounds, line handling, small maintenance and repairs, permit writing, and ship-shore pre-transfer conferences with associated paperwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement