SGS

SGS Employee Reviews for Loader

Loader12 reviews
Canada12 reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,563 reviews

Great place to work, if you don't mind actually working

If you plan on working for SGS, you need to know a few things. You are expected to actually work when there is work to do. You can be working in all types of weather, as 90% of the work takes place outside. There is no stopping for cold, or rain, or heat, and the company will supply you with all the appropriate clothing to facilitate this. That being said, the pay is really good, there is ample overtime for those who will actually come in for it, and the atmosphere and culture is excellent. The only issue I have is leadership that refuses to listen to, or even consult the people who are directly impacted by their operational decisions. Otherwise, a great place to work. Very safety orientated.

Pros

Great way to earn a living

Cons

Leadership needs to listen to the people actually doing the job more

Job sucks. Schedule is amazing. Pay is good.

You will be micro managed during every second of your day. You will do the exact same thing over and over day in and day out. You wilI never be trusted to complete your job properly. The team is toxic, the management is inept, the client is a nightmare. This is not just my experience, it is universal. Do not expect to have good days at this job. Your mental health will suffer. But the schedule is amazing, the pay is good and it's all in town with no night shifts. I can't recommend working here, but if you need to use it as a stepping stone there's certainly worse jobs.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Being a process monkey.

Not a place to grow or advance your career

Worked at the nanticoke facility and learned a bit about rail car fundamentals. Most coworkers were great to work with. Management is a total joke and they bring in people with no rail skills to run it. Payroll can never seem to get the pays right. No positive reinforcement,only negative. Not much room to advance in jobs and the wage is to low for the responsibility that the loaders have. Dealing with highly volatile products for low pay doesn’t cut it. They will hire anyone as long as you can pass a drug test lol. Higher wages and better management would keep guys around more but that won’t happen unless sgs gets off that site.

Pros

5 on 5 off schedule isn’t to bad. Decent coworkers

Cons

Low pay. Poor management. Low morale

Horrible place to work

If you want no life and to not be respected by any part of management never get noticed for your hard work, get way underpaid , never get your full pay on pay day this is the job for you !

horrible

This place sucks. Management is a complete joke, they bring in people to run the place that have no idea what they are doing. absolutely no integrity, they say something and do the opposite. No concern to retain employees, the turnover here is bad, and its all because of management. You are never paid properly, human resources can't be trusted and when you bring up issues to management it goes in one ear and out the other. there is a lot of favouritism, back stabbing, being set up for failure.

Pros

some good co workers, decent starting wage (still not enough)

Cons

no appreciation, terrible management, bad work environment, hard to get proper PPE

Horrible company

They treat their employees like expendable cattle...use and abuse and move on to the next new employee...total disregard for following their own policies and lack of professional integrity that they preach about so much...

Pros

Cons

Pay lower than industry standard, horrible relations between operations and employees

Worst company I've worked for

Worst job i have ever had. Company does not care for thier employees health and saftey what so ever.Poor management, hr doesnt want to help any of the employees. Would not recommend anyone applying for this job

Pros

Cons

Health issues

awful company to work for

I have been on strike with Sgs in Sarnia on since March 21. They are an awful company that treat their employees like garbage. They have incompetent management that are hired because they are friends and family with no experience at their job. If you work in Sarnia you will be crossing a picket line.

Pros

Cons

management

negligent, irresponsible, ignorant and incompetent leadership

I've read all the reviews and you can tell which ones were submitted by management personnel to combat the negativity. This company is a farce! People are in operations roles with no professional schooling or background and no one to control them. There's no accountability at an operations level as long as there are profits being made. I've dealt with many companies over the years and this one is by far the worst in every perspective. A company like this thrives off the despiration of their workers to get the job done at lower than industry standard compensation and treatment.

Cons

incompetent operation & hr group, no job stability

Avoid this company at all costs.

Management makes working for this company a terrible experience. Untrained and inexperienced. They harrass, bully and intimidate in order tovget their way. The jobs themselves are good jobs and would be great if they were for a better run company. At my location we have a workforce of about 35 employees most of whom actively seek new employment. There is too many lies from management to keep track of. If thinking of applying for a job with SGS, don't do it. You will regret working here.

Pros

Decent co-workers

Cons

Almost everything

worst company i have ever worked for

Nothing but lies from this company I wasted 7 years of my life to end up further behind in wage then my previous job.Managers half of my management staff is related by marriage and have no idea how to do the jobs that their employee's are doing. Just getting proper safety equipment is a chore. Favoritism and harassment seem to be the common management style as well as bulling tactics. The pay is well below industry standard.Everyone I work with is seeking other job opportunities.

Pros

Cons

pay/ management/lies/harassment

Management a HUGE liability

Management is unskilled, underqualified and continuously places us in unsafe conditions. They preach code of integrity but have no integrity of their own. Management has lied to their employees about everything from benefits to raises. The only reason I continue to work for SGS is because I haven't found another job yet. All these are reasons why the SGS Sarnia site unionized.

Pros

union is helping us fight back.

Cons

management, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement