SGHS Employee Reviews

fun to work with the teams
HR Business Partner - Employee Engagement (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 July 2017
start-up. Great learning experience, opened multiple offices across Canada. Focus was operation of HR / Sales / Talent management.

Lacked work life balance.
Not a professional work environment
Sales Trainer/ Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
The company had managers with questionable business ethics. This made for a negative and unprofessional work environment at times. They also teach some "shady" sales tactics.
great people great training....not for lazy weak people
door knocker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta16 November 2016
love this job ..... it's extremely tough, so extremely rewarding when achieving your goals. You get to help people save money on utilities while getting them equipment they couldn't usually obtain... my overall experience is good with this company but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is lazy or who has no drive one of the hardest job's I have done definitely better then working at McDonald's......and threw all the negative complaints and negative people the company still thrives love it positively positive.....
Pros
Good training...good people....fun times
Cons
long hours /work outside
Employee Review
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
I have worked for simply green for 2 years now and I can confidently say this is a great place to work. The people are wonderful and the environment is very upbeat. Everyone is fun and energetic and I enjoy the travel oppurtunites that have come my way. Being able to explore Canada has been an amazing experience and I'm grateful to have found this company.
Welcoming Situation
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON2 November 2016
As a new addition to Simply Green Home Services I was quite nervous about starting a new career. Thankfully after my first day those feelings of nervousness quickly transitioned to feelings of excitement. All those who were in the office that day seemed genuinely happy to have me there and were very eager to show me around. It was a great first impression.
Pros
Highly energetic and ambitious work environment
Great Place to Work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
I've been with Simply Green for over a year now and have had nothing but great experiences. The company has grown so much since I've been here which opened up many new opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Overall, the company is very dynamic with a lot of great people. There's never a dull moment, so it's impossible to be bored.
Pros
Dynamic, Fast-Growing, Plenty of Opportunities
Cons
Nothing to note
Work hard and reap the rewards
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
I have worked at Simply Green for over a year and a half now and not a single day is the same. It's fast paced and challenging and I have learned a lot since day one. The management team are great and are very supportive when help is needed. The team I work with directly are a close, very hard working team. We support each other and has that family feel to it. Simply Green also gives you the tools to be successful and achieve what you thought previously were unrealistic goals. Like my summary suggests, if you put in the effort you will be rewarded.
Pros
Room to grow, Support from each other, Challanging
Great Atmosphere
Field Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
I've worked at Simply Green for almost 4 months now and I really love working here, everyone at work is very friendly and there is a great atmosphere, they are all willing to help you if you have questions and they buy you cake for your birthday! What I like the most about this company is that I feel that they do care about their employees, I've worked for other companies before and It was a completely different experience. I have learned a lot in the short time that I've worked here and hope to be part of the Simply Green family for a long time! This company is growing fast and I'd recommend anyone to work here, if you are looking for a great opportunity to grow professionally this is the place to work, there is lots of room to grow. One more thing: You get paid weekly! =)
Pros
Weekly pay, great co-workers, great enviroment
Cons
Nothing negative to say
Unbelievable Role - Great Team
Sales Representative, Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2016
I was totally surprised with my experience at Simply Green - in a great way. I started out in the field in a door to door role, which I was hesitant about at first, but quickly got the hang of it and started to make some great money.

I was offered the chance to move across the country with the company and they covered room and board. In the past six months, I wanted to make a change, so I came back to HQ in Toronto and have been helping on the operations team and in customer service.

There are a tonne of negative reviews on here because not everyone is made for this type of work (that's okay). If you want to grow, make money, and be part of a great team, then this is a great place to be.
Pros
Travel, Great Team, Pay for Performance, Very Social, Sales-focused
Cons
The natural rejection that comes with sales
Enjoyed my time while employed with SGHS
Office Manager & Hiring Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 September 2016
Simply Green is a diversely staffed company with opportunity for both financial and personal growth. Simply Green provides in depth training to ensure their employee's are confident in their role.
scam
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
if you're good at scamming people you'll fit right in and make a killing. you can sell the equipment legitimately, but its still overpriced by 5x
Pros
not illegal
Cons
morally bankrupt
avoid at all costs
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2016
door to door, no sale-no pay, trainer is a pushy twenty something with no respect for the people he is trying to sell to, I learned to get everything in writing from these bottom feeders, feel sorry for people trying to make a living this way. The only good part was lots of walking, the worst is watching this outfit trying to get seniors to buy into this scheme.
Pros
Cons
everything about this outfit
Great work enviorment
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 February 2016
Awesome place to work but not for everyone can do direct sales. Environment is like brotherhood and you will be closer to them then most of your family.
Pros
family enviorment
Worst company ever
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2016
This company is the worst company i have ever worked for. Its door to door and their strategy is to pretty much force your way into peoples home and then pressure them to buy. It is 6 days a week from 10 am to 9 pm. With 2 hours of that as unpaid "training" every morning. I quit and they refused to pay me for a sale i had made. I would never recommend this garbage company to my worst enemy. Be wary of their promises of all this money. Its all bull just so they can recruit slave workers.
Pros
None at all.
Cons
Every aspect of the job
Start up company
call center manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
As a start up Company , simply Green was very disorganized from the start. The owner while seemed like a visionary , was unable to focus at one task at a time. This attitude made it impossible to forecast the budget as ideas were constantly changing.
A Job For the Entrepenuer
Efficiency Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2015
This isn't a job that the regular person should apply to.

Simply Green is a sales company, you get paid based on sales. If you can't sell anything, you don't like being outside, you have horrible social skills, your feet hurt, you don't like long hours, and you don't put in effort that is not Simply Green's fault... That is yours.

Simply Green teaches people how to do the job, they will answer all questions. It is your job to ask the questions.

The company is amazingly well run and allows for boat loads of growth.

Flat out, the job is not for everyone. The job is for ambitious people who want to learn something new and take the time to get into the money making business!

I have worked here for 3 weeks and I know this.
Pros
Fun
great opportunity if you're not lazy
Efficiency Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2015
Door to door commission sales. If you're not lazy you will make an excellent income, travel, promote quickly, and make some great friendships.
Pros
Lots of money, self promotion, growth opportunities
Cons
weather ... we live in Canada
A team who cares
Eco Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2015
My entire experience with this company has been positive. From coworkers who are respectful and fun, to managers who take a vested interest in their employees, the company has been run well with the welfare of the staff and the clients being held as the most important factor.

I look forward to going to work every day, and I love the activity and upbeat nature of my job.
Pros
Free coffee & breakfast, daily incentives, promotion opportunities and a positive work environment.
Cons
Long hours, long weeks (only if you want it)
don't waste your time
door to door (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 November 2015
This company is the biggest BS company I have worked for, they don't tell you how much they hack away your commission to get the equipment installed. then there is talk of all these bonuses you can receive and what not, Once you have "got them" they find any reason not to give them to you. You work as a door to door salesman with no hourly wage. They try to tell you that you are your own boss yet they drive you to a location and drop you off until 9 at night. The company dosnt care about their employees.
Pros
non
Cons
every aspect of the job.
Wonderful workplace
Eco Adviser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2015
The co-workers are very nice and friendly. The environment is very good and positive. But we have to work long hours from morning 9:45am to evening 9pm. However, I learned many skills from the company, such as communication skills, time management. Also, I am more assertive talking to people and my confident level increased.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
long hours, cold weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGHS. Our community is ready to answer.